PDA

View Full Version : Remove or change the gear score!

HAN-MAN
03-04-2017, 09:42 PM
It's not fun to play anymore because of that stupid gear score mechanic! I have a prestige 3 character with 90+ gear score and it sucks! It sucks to play against others with lower level and gear score, and unfair! It sucks to play against others with similar or higher level and gear score due to revenge spam.
a skill based game that relies on gear boosts!? It's stupid, just plain bad game design. It's not about skill, its about spamming revenge every 10 seconds.

Fix this!

At this time I regret buying this game but I guess that Ubisoft doesn't care...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't complain about having heroic gear at 90+ gear score. I haven't played with that character for a while, instead I have been playing with two other characters and ignoring gear scavenging. The biggest issue is the revenge spam. So perhaps I should have made a post about the revenge mechanic. Gear should not boost revenge gain in anyway, so you can't spam it. The revenge mechanic should be nerfed and the revenge gain should be evenly distributed between all classes with no stats boost from any gear.

Blackball8
03-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Stop playing then and quit QQ'ing on a message board. It's real hard to guess what class you play from this post................

PKUSUB
03-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Dramatic much? this is ridiculous... u have a gear score of 90. The difference between urs and the max gear score of 108 is nowhere near enough to call it unfair. And if u don't like it, stick with duel and brawl where gear doesn't get factored in.

KubiKameho
03-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Stop playing then and quit QQ'ing on a message board. It's real hard to guess what class you play from this post................

How about Ubisoft just removing uneeded gear score?

Obvious to see waht kind of p2w player you are going out from what writing in your comment...

HAN-MAN
03-04-2017, 09:58 PM

What class I play as doesn't matter..

Hogmin
03-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Dramatic much? this is ridiculous... u have a gear score of 90. The difference between urs and the max gear score of 108 is nowhere near enough to call it unfair. And if u don't like it, stick with duel and brawl where gear doesn't get factored in.

It's actually a pretty substantial difference since Heroic gear buffs 2 stats instead of 1

HAN-MAN
03-04-2017, 10:03 PM

I haven't said anything about the difference between gs 90 and gs 108... Overall, It's unfair to new players and difficult to level up a new character. It's plain boring to play against others with similar or same gear score, everyone just spams revenge. If that's your idea of fun then good for you..

PKUSUB
03-04-2017, 10:26 PM
I haven't said anything about the difference between gs 90 and gs 108... Overall, It's unfair to new players and difficult to level up a new character. It's plain boring to play against others with similar or same gear score, everyone just spams revenge. If that's your idea of fun then good for you..

I would take it as a challenge and adjust my play style accordingly instead of just taking the easy way out by *****ing about it all day. Idk man, but that's just me though.

HAN-MAN
03-04-2017, 10:35 PM
I would take it as a challenge and adjust my play style accordingly instead of just taking the easy way out by *****ing about it all day. Idk man, but that's just me though.

What are you on about? It's not about play styles. I don't care how you play... If you can't contribute to this topic then go and preach about you being a "man" somewhere else.

PKUSUB
03-04-2017, 10:50 PM
What are you on about? It's not about play styles. I don't care how you play... If you can't contribute to this topic then go and preach about you being a "man" somewhere else.

Better than being a ***** that's for sure hahaha seriously, who the **** complains about the difference of 90+ to a 108. It's just pathetic. And in of terms of contributions, wtf is there to contribute? Its some ******* that can't compensate for the lack of 18 gear score difference.

PKUSUB
03-04-2017, 10:53 PM
The modes clearly state that gear stat will take effect. U don't want it? Don't ***ing play it! Duel, brawl, custom game!

cragar212
03-04-2017, 11:06 PM
It's actually a pretty substantial difference since Heroic gear buffs 2 stats instead of 1

Lol ya dunno wtf you're talkin about. Heroic gear starts at 13 so 13x6 = 78. So at 90 hes got heroic gear o.O

HAN-MAN
03-06-2017, 01:37 AM
Better than being a ***** that's for sure hahaha seriously, who the **** complains about the difference of 90+ to a 108. It's just pathetic. And in of terms of contributions, wtf is there to contribute? Its some ******* that can't compensate for the lack of 18 gear score difference.

You take everything out of context. I still don't complain about the difference between 90+ and 108 gear score.
My post has nothing to do with it and you still don't contribute with anything to this post. I want this game to be fair for everyone, I don't have fun having gear score 90+ against players with lower level and gear score. I don't enjoy being matched with players that has similar or higher gear score due to the revenge spam. For me it often results in never ending fights, so I scraped my 90+ gear and moved on.

You are just afraid they might remove or change the gear stats so you loose your sense of superiority against players with lower level and gear score. And scrap that argument about people that doesn't like the gear boosts should stick with brawl or duels. It's just proves my point about players like you.

PKUSUB
03-06-2017, 02:12 AM
You take everything out of context. I still don't complain about the difference between 90+ and 108 gear score.
My post has nothing to do with it and you still don't contribute with anything to this post. I want this game to be fair for everyone, I don't have fun having gear score 90+ against players with lower level and gear score. I don't enjoy being matched with players that has similar or higher gear score due to the revenge spam. For me it often results in never ending fights, so I scraped my 90+ gear and moved on.

You are just afraid they might remove or change the gear stats so you loose your sense of superiority against players with lower level and gear score. And scrap that argument about people that doesn't like the gear boosts should stick with brawl or duels. It's just proves my point about players like you.

Yep I'm afraid, shaking in my ***ing boots that my 24 gear score level will disappear 😭. Like I said there's nothing to contribute, because this topic doesn't make sense. If there was no gear score, this game would lose its only end game reward.

And in terms of not having fun because of how superior ur gear is compared to others, come on man it doesn't take a genius to figure out that problem. The game is still brand new, there will be a balance of power issue. Give it a little bit of time and eventually everyone will have 108.

Players like u are the biggest problem in this game, zero patience, and demand everything to be watered down to fit UR needs. Gear score has been implemented since the early planning stage, alpha, close beta, and open beta, it was well advertised and informed.

Giggley-puff
03-06-2017, 02:18 AM
Dude I am so with you. The 108 gear scores revenge gain is ****ing ridiculous. Even if you try and tell your teammates not to 2v1 , they do it anyways. Played against an orochi that revenged 5 times in less than 2 minutes. My teams stupidity should not get me killed.

My husband has a prest 7 nobushi. He gets revenge, spams one zone attack, and kills the enemy with that one swing. His gear is out of control.
How is that fun? How does that make the fight fun? How does that make it a skilled game? Spend half the match fighting this one person to have almost no health and they get revenge, for either turtling or some idiot teammates comes too close/attacks, and then you die instantly.

Giggley-puff
03-06-2017, 02:19 AM
This game should be about skill, not about how well your gear plays the game for you.

HAN-MAN
03-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Dude I am so with you. The 108 gear scores revenge gain is ****ing ridiculous. Even if you try and tell your teammates not to 2v1 , they do it anyways. Played against an orochi that revenged 5 times in less than 2 minutes. My teams stupidity should not get me killed.

My husband has a prest 7 nobushi. He gets revenge, spams one zone attack, and kills the enemy with that one swing. His gear is out of control.
How is that fun? How does that make the fight fun? How does that make it a skilled game? Spend half the match fighting this one person to have almost no health and they get revenge, for either turtling or some idiot teammates comes too close/attacks, and then you die instantly.

My post should have been directed to the revenge mechanic. I don't mind getting more damage or defense from gear. But they should rethink the revenge mechanic and the gain from gear.
In my opinion gear should not give revenge any gain.

Just the other day I started playing as the conqueror, mostly for the dump trucking. It was a fun match of dominion until the end. The Enemy team had a 108 gs warlord. He was the last one alive during the sudden death. All 4 of my team was alive and all of us ganged up on the warlord. It took us about 2-3 minutes to kill him due to his revenge spam and we had a raider with 70+ gs.

Peligrad
03-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Revenge mode ruins the game.

There is really no argument about it.

Take all skill and throw it out the window.

All you do is knock people down or spam light attack while being uninterruptible while doing so and basically invincible thanks to shields and revenge defense.

EQuinn-0x
03-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Yep I'm afraid, shaking in my ***ing boots that my 24 gear score level will disappear 😭. Like I said there's nothing to contribute, because this topic doesn't make sense. If there was no gear score, this game would lose its only end game reward.

And in terms of not having fun because of how superior ur gear is compared to others, come on man it doesn't take a genius to figure out that problem. The game is still brand new, there will be a balance of power issue. Give it a little bit of time and eventually everyone will have 108.

Players like u are the biggest problem in this game, zero patience, and demand everything to be watered down to fit UR needs. Gear score has been implemented since the early planning stage, alpha, close beta, and open beta, it was well advertised and informed.

Pray tell what exactly is the end game reward? Being miles ahead of new players, or players that are new to a certain class? You say that with time everyone will have a gear score of 108. What is the point of gear then if everyone will be the same, apart from people maxing out different stats? You could just as well choose which stats you want in 4v4 game modes, so that everyone has a fair game and get rid of gear. Oh right, then people wouldn't buy steel and Ubisoft would get less money. Make gear only cosmetic then.

I've fought many players with a gear score of 108 and in a 1v1 scenario I've maybe won once, and I'm pretty good in Duels and Brawls. Even if they're pretty bad, can't counter guard block etc. they still win because one of their hits takes away a third to a fifth of my health bar depending on which class I play. Fair? No.