PDA

View Full Version : Can we have multiple city's instead of one?

joshoolhorst
03-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Unity and Syndicate took place in one city can we go back to more please?

Sigma 1313
03-04-2017, 11:51 PM
Seems to me to just be a regular cycle thing.
AC1- 3 cities+kingdom
AC2 - 4 cities+mountain
ACBro - 1 city
ACRev - 1 City
AC3 - 2-3 cities (davenport+frontier+cities)
AC4- 3 cities+extra locations
ACRog- 1 main city+multiple cities
ACU- 1 city
ACS - 1 city

If the next game continues we'll probably have either multiple large cities, or like 1 real city+ a large overworld.

Helforsite
03-05-2017, 12:18 PM
If the next game continues we'll probably have either multiple large cities, or like 1 real city+ a large overworld.

Both possibilites sound good to me, but I would prefer multiple large cities plus a transition/travel area like Kingdom/Frontier.

D.I.D.
03-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Unity and Syndicate aren't as limited as people seem to think.

Unity gave you Versailles as a visitable second location. Syndicate had its equivalent in the visitable WWI jump. There was a lot of variety within each of ACU and ACS's large cities too, but you could simply walk into it. Specific missions in both games gave you unique locations.

DLC for both Unity and Syndicate had extra locations. Unity's Dead Kings added yet another visitable town, and Syndicate's Ripper-era London was redressed in some new ways and got a range of new mission locations.

I agree that it's nice to have more places, but Unity and Syndicate are not single-location games. The older games had to give you more travel because the cities had far less variety within them.

marvelfannumber
03-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Both possibilites sound good to me, but I would prefer multiple large cities plus a transition/travel area like Kingdom/Frontier.
I'm pretty sure there will be three large cities (Alexandria, Memphis, Thebes) and multiple medium size/small cities/towns,

Helforsite
03-05-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be three large cities (Alexandria, Memphis, Thebes) and multiple medium size/small cities/towns,

Would love that, but I need that transition/travel area.

PS.: Are you by chance listening to the KCC Podcast right now?

marvelfannumber
03-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Would love that, but I need that transition/travel area.

PS.: Are you by chance listening to the KCC Podcast right now?

Yes, I started a controversy by claiming I wouldn't mind the protagonist in Empire not having a hood. So worth hijacking the stream.

Helforsite
03-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Yes, I started a controversy by claiming I wouldn't mind the protagonist in Empire not having a hood. So worth hijacking the stream.
Totally, they are a bunch of idiots but mostly entertaining^^

D.I.D.
03-05-2017, 02:14 PM
yes, i started a controversy by claiming i wouldn't mind the protagonist in empire not having a hood. So worth hijacking the stream.

yessssz

Megas_Doux
03-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I agree that it's nice to have more places, but Unity and Syndicate are not single-location games. The older games had to give you more travel because the cities had far less variety within them.

I respectfully disagree here. Versailles is just a mini version of Paris, same exact feeling to them, so I would'nt count on that one, I'll give Saint Denis, though. In Syndicate, is the SAME city during eras that are not THAT different in the way presented in the game to begin with. You can't compare the difference between Florence and Venice or Acre and Damascus to the 1868 London, 1888 London or 1914 London........

I rather have two medium sized cities and then a rural location that surrounds the Nile in which you can also experience the desert, some ruins and even visit the Valley of the Kings than just cities alone, but that's me.

And just for the sake of it, an interesting looking depiction of Alexandria:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WAaosvOdkJE/TxX7VTuP-XI/AAAAAAAAR34/EtN1--YVu_A/s1600/RoyKrenkel_AncientAlexandria_100.jpg

marvelfannumber
03-05-2017, 06:02 PM
^^
That picture actively makes me drool.

Megas_Doux
03-05-2017, 06:15 PM
^^
That picture actively makes me drool.

That makes two of us!!!!

See, my favorite locations in this franchise have been Cities with a large water body near to them in the likes of Acre, Venice, Constantinople and London.

jellejackhammer
03-05-2017, 06:20 PM
That makes two of us!!!!

See, my favorite locations in this franchise have been Cities with a large water body near to them in the likes of Acre, Venice, Constantinople and London.

can agree with that.

the first time i saw the busy river thames i just stopped playing and kept looking for like half an hour :p

Helforsite
03-06-2017, 02:51 PM
That makes two of us!!!!

It didnt notice they had that in common, but its true that those were the best cities until now... which means Egypt cities on the Nile should be pretty sweet, if that picture of Alexandria is anything to go by:D