PDA

View Full Version : The Metas have revealed themselves

Steelsoldier555
03-04-2017, 07:48 PM
The meta characters have been found and they're already being abused by hundreds of players, the peacekeeper in my opinion taking the #1 spot. Peacekeeper, Conquerer, Shugoki, and Nobushi, these are the characters you see in the load up that make you groan out of rage because you realize you're most likely gonna get demolished. Peacekeeper being a fast little snake can stack poison on top of her bleed to totally annihilate your health, Conquerer being able to repeatedly ram you with their uninterruptible shield bash/charge, Shugoki being able to spam his unblockable charged heavy attack and Demon Ball both of which murder you health, and Nuboshi being able to repeatedly poke you and bleed/poison you and keep you at a distance by repeatedly kicking you in the nose.

These are things you have to experience in game to understand what I'm discussing, there are a few other characters but a lot of people find these the most irritating. These characters are highly unbalanced, do ridiculous amounts of damage, and make you want to set down your controller and bash your face in. I and a great deal of others are asking for some serious nerds on these characters because honestly the unbalanced ways are causing a lot of people to stop playing the game all together

Lionardudu
03-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Lol no Warlord ?!

And nobushi ....first time i see that XD

Conqueror shield bash ....you only need to dodge... the only two way to get rammed is stay in front of conqueror trying attack or gb, or be pushed aganist a wall. Not to mention that you can parry the heavy after a shield bash if you dont are on a wall and negate the mixup.

The only thing a conquerorhave granted is a light after the shieldbash.

Nobushi ... some story ... side dodge the kick and rape her... and the poke are normal attack you can block parry them.

cragar212
03-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Damn you are clueless OP

fairliedaft
03-05-2017, 02:20 PM
To add on to what people have already said, I'll mention Shugoki. Yes there is a bug right now that some players are taking advantage of but that'll be sorted out soon enough I am sure. As for spamming his unblockable heavy, um, no. Play as him and see how many times you can use that move before running out of stamina. It's slow as hell too so easily parried or dodged. Actually, everything about him is slow.
He hits like a truck, but he has to hit you and in the time it takes to swing that club you could have a light lunch. Mostly that charged heavy is just a way to make someone back up, very rarely do I see people get caught in it now. Everything about him relies on his opponent making a mistake.
I will admit I play as him. Not a lot, but I think he's the most entertaining character so I'll bring him out for fun fully expected to not win. It's just fun running at people giving out free hugs, or killing that idiot raider hanging around near a cliff waiting for victims simply by running past him. Also, golf swing attack and belly boop execution. Just so fun to play as the love machine that is big papa Shug. He is pretty easy to deal with though.

RatedChaotic
03-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Lmao. Game hasnt been out but a few weeks and everyones an expert on it already.

Gray360UK
03-05-2017, 02:36 PM
I guess you are talking about Duels only?
Try playing the other 75% of the game where the majority of the playerbase is maybe?
A fat Shoguki waddling along in the middle of the map just makes me laugh, and there's no class that survives a drop kill from above ;)
It's sad if your experience and 'balance' comes from one mode that is the least populated in the game.
For Honor is not about duels.
Step outside of those into the chaos that is 4 vs4 and you will find a totally different world of experiences.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Sounds like someone needs more practice

The meta characters have been found and they're already being abused by hundreds of players, the peacekeeper in my opinion taking the #1 spot. Peacekeeper, Conquerer, Shugoki, and Nobushi, these are the characters you see in the load up that make you groan out of rage because you realize you're most likely gonna get demolished. Peacekeeper being a fast little snake can stack poison on top of her bleed to totally annihilate your health, Conquerer being able to repeatedly ram you with their uninterruptible shield bash/charge, Shugoki being able to spam his unblockable charged heavy attack and Demon Ball both of which murder you health, and Nuboshi being able to repeatedly poke you and bleed/poison you and keep you at a distance by repeatedly kicking you in the nose.

These are things you have to experience in game to understand what I'm discussing, there are a few other characters but a lot of people find these the most irritating. These characters are highly unbalanced, do ridiculous amounts of damage, and make you want to set down your controller and bash your face in. I and a great deal of others are asking for some serious nerds on these characters because honestly the unbalanced ways are causing a lot of people to stop playing the game all together

RatedChaotic
03-05-2017, 02:52 PM
I guess you are talking about Duels only?
Try playing the other 75% of the game where the majority of the playerbase is maybe?
A fat Shoguki waddling along in the middle of the map just makes me laugh, and there's no class that survives a drop kill from above ;)
It's sad if your experience and 'balance' comes from one mode that is the least populated in the game.
For Honor is not about duels.
Step outside of those into the chaos that is 4 vs4 and you will find a totally different world of experiences.

You got that part right atleast. People disconnecting, rage quitters, and the migrating constantly is chaos.

Gray360UK
03-05-2017, 02:58 PM
You got that part right atleast. People disconnecting, rage quitters, and the migrating constantly is chaos.

Nobody disconnects or rage quits in duels?
You really sure about that? :D

TR.WhiskeyD
03-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Nobody disconnects or rage quits in duels?
You really sure about that? :D

He was being sarcastic and didn't mention anything about duels. Those are simply more frequent when you have 4 to 8 people in a match rather than just 2.

Cephsus
03-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Dunno about that. Im pretty sure i fight and see more Wardens then any of the other class's combind.

Knight_Raime
03-05-2017, 05:21 PM
IMO the top 3 are: warden, warlord, conq. If we have a top 4 shugoki would be there.

The "meta" is people who excel at defensive play. No assassin does. Warden has tons of mix up potential, good zone, and an unblockable that drains stamina.
Warlord pretty much the same. except his unblockable is faster, he's got better defense, and he's got attacks with uninteruptable frames (not the same as uninteruptable orange attacks.)
and conq has the best defense. a charge that is if done correctly impossible to punish. and the ability to attack WHILE blocking.

Shugoki makes it up there because of his passive that lets him face tank a single attack, damage potential, mixup potential with charge attacks, and an attack that can heal him and one shot someone.

PK at the moment is the best assassin. though if defense wasn't so strong i'd say zerker would be better. And valk deserves to be mentioned since she's once of the few heros that can actually open up turtles with good consistency and effectiveness.

What you describe is what low to mid tear people struggle with. it might be the "meta" in a sense that the low to mid tier of people make up a majority of the population. But it's not the true meta when all things are considered.

Fenrirwolf24
03-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Peacekeeper is by far the most op character in the game. She can just spam the guardbreak and bleed attack. She is a no skill character. Just dodge and spam her bleed attacks. Nobushi isnt that bad. The poison is annoying but its easy to dodge and block. Shugoki is really easy except for his backbreaket move. Its a one hit if he is under half health. Yes you can dodge it but if your up close you have no chance. All the other characters are pretty well balanced minus the people who just spam the same move. You just cant play the same way against all the characters. Its all about strategy and timing.

The_B0G_
03-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Shugoki is trash, he's only good when someone on his team is helping him. If he's alone, easy kill.

ButtR8peArtist
03-05-2017, 07:03 PM
You must never seen players who mastered the art of cheesy in late games, that's the real meta i.e valkvire's spear sweep combo, conq's infinite shield bash etc.

Meta of late game = in Cliff pushing simulator maps, warlord, lawbringer and raiders dominates, in normal maps, infinite none-blockable combo spam players dominate

Prophit618
03-05-2017, 07:24 PM
I main a PK and it's kind of funny the comments I get before battles. It's about an even split of people saying I'm a punk for playing PK because they're OP, and people saying it's crazy I would play a PK to Rep 8 because they're so useless or just weak Orochis.
Things people don't seem to keep in mind is that there is a bit of a rock-paper-scissors metagame going on. Some classes are just inherently better against some other classes. Orochis give my Warden buddy a helluva time, but I can generally get by them without much problem. On the other hand he wrecks Kensei and I have just the roughest time against them.
On top of built-in strengths and weaknesses, personal playstyle informs a ton about who you're going to have trouble with and who you aren't.
If you haven't played to high reps with every class, it's really hard to make an informed decision about who is OP and who isn't at this point in time.

Ausweisen
03-05-2017, 10:00 PM
you haven't lived until you consistently pull off 3v1's with a Zerker.

Delectable_Sin
03-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Funny thing, if you look at the stats, the Conqueror, WL, Shugoki, and Warden, sit atop the pile in high win rate (80% or higher) match making, and there are almost no assassins there. So strictly speaking, the big 4 are the op ones, and assassins are just noob killers.

You must never seen players who mastered the art of cheesy in late games, that's the real meta i.e valkvire's spear sweep combo, conq's infinite shield bash etc.

Meta of late game = in Cliff pushing simulator maps, warlord, lawbringer and raiders dominates, in normal maps, infinite none-blockable combo spam players dominate

There is no such thing as a non blockable combo. Infinite combos don't exist either, since the Zerker runs out of stamina so soon.

If you're talking about players that just spam right and left light attacks, all you have to do is block for it to break the combo and knock them back.

Kiiyor
03-05-2017, 11:40 PM

Against even a moderately competent player a Shugoki throwing out his unblockable heavy is an act that pretty much seals his own doom. When it's parried, every scrap of his stamina is gone, and drained stamina kills Mr Shug quicker than diabetes ever will. The only time it's guaranteed is after a stamina drained knockdown, or if you're playing dominion where fights degenerate into the equivalent of schoolkids windmill punching on the playground as defence is thrown off a bridge in the name of trying to steamroll everyone as quickly as possible.

The only time the hug is guaranteed is after a wall throw, and i'm far more wary of a warden with a free side or maybe top heavy than that. It's the most telegraphed move in the game.

The Shug is the very definition of high risk high reward. Both of his most punishing attacks are also the most punishable.

I'm not saying he's not good, as he's (probably rightly) considered to be top 4, but he's very far from an unstoppable juggernaut - the Warlord is far closer to that than the fat man is, and I noticed you left him off the list - and the Warden - two characters that have won more tournaments than any other.

Dry.Fish
03-06-2017, 01:17 AM
There is no such thing as a non blockable combo. Infinite combos don't exist either, since the Zerker runs out of stamina so soon.

If you're talking about players that just spam right and left light attacks, all you have to do is block for it to break the combo and knock them back.

Zerkers infinite chain can't be interrupted with a block only a parry, they can also kill you with their chain before their stamina runs out. They seem to have the highest stamina pool out of all the assassin's and PK having the least.

Hogmin
03-06-2017, 01:35 AM
Against even a moderately competent player a Shugoki throwing out his unblockable heavy is an act that pretty much seals his own doom. When it's parried, every scrap of his stamina is gone, and drained stamina kills Mr Shug quicker than diabetes ever will. The only time it's guaranteed is after a stamina drained knockdown, or if you're playing dominion where fights degenerate into the equivalent of schoolkids windmill punching on the playground as defence is thrown off a bridge in the name of trying to steamroll everyone as quickly as possible.

The only time the hug is guaranteed is after a wall throw, and i'm far more wary of a warden with a free side or maybe top heavy than that. It's the most telegraphed move in the game.

The Shug is the very definition of high risk high reward. Both of his most punishing attacks are also the most punishable.

I'm not saying he's not good, as he's (probably rightly) considered to be top 4, but he's very far from an unstoppable juggernaut - the Warlord is far closer to that than the fat man is, and I noticed you left him off the list - and the Warden - two characters that have won more tournaments than any other.

All of this is provided he didn't use the exploit and you took the chance to parry it.
I'd say he's definitely pretty close to unstoppable in the hands of good players, but of course the same can be said for many characters.

@Dry.Fish
Incorrect, if you block the light the chain is interrupted.

Delectable_Sin
03-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Zerkers infinite chain can't be interrupted with a block only a parry, they can also kill you with their chain before their stamina runs out. They seem to have the highest stamina pool out of all the assassin's and PK having the least.

Read my post. Their "infinite" chain doesn't work on light attacks, so it's just a spam by way of switchign between right and left light attacks, just like all assassins. One block will knock the assassin back and give you a window to attack.

Their chain ability only works if you start with a light or heavy attack, then throw out 2-3 more heavies (depending on which attack you started with), then switch back to a single light attack and repeat the process.

They can kill you before their stamina runs out? Okay, if you're standing there without blocking, sure, but any character can do that if you don't block. If you block their combo, they'll get 2 light attacks and 4 heavies before they're completely drained of stamina. Zerkers have a maximum of 6 attacks on a single combo before they run out of stamina. Of course, being in revenge mode changes that since their stamina is endless at that point.

"Infinite" chains do not exist in this game. Some characters have seemingly infinite cheese spams (Warden, LB, etc) but they aren't unstoppable, they just seem that way if you don't dodge or GB counter.