PDA

View Full Version : For Honor is dying, fast. And here's why.

vAshes2Ashesv
03-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Combo abuse. Connection issues. Guard break counter being broken. Connection issues. Overpowered gear stats. Lack of variety in game modes. Connection issues. Lack of variety in customisation options. Connection issues. Low steel payouts. Throwing people off edges too much for a cheap win. Connection issues. Players being toxic in general: see emote/text spam. Did I mention connection issues?

The game is dying/dead. There's no mention of upcoming content as well, only mention of the patch that has yet to be implemented (might be the fault of Microsoft/Sony cert testing but still) the patch is not fixing most of the problems. It's fixing 1 single problem and buffing/nerfing/fixing a few things. It's not enough and I'm afraid it's too little too late. For Honor on Xbox was at about 50,000ish players yesterday, today it seems to be less. Launch it had 140,000 people playing. nearly 2 thirds of the player base already gone because of all the issues I mentioned above. I don't know what the player base is like now on PC or PS4 but I'd imagine it's suffering.

I wanna believe that you guys at Ubi care about the game, or had the ability to turn this mess around, but I can't any more. I can't even bare to finish the daily challenges off because of how bad the game is now. Just feels like an obvious cash grab, which is a shame because I (could) love For Honor.

Dunt do dis to us pls ubisaft

Hattori.Hanzo.
03-04-2017, 02:48 PM
true history, I very disappointed

Epidemic1313
03-04-2017, 02:57 PM
You forgot to mention the terrible orders. i didn't even play yesterday because it was mostly skirmish and elimination orders, and preferring one over the other doesn't work. Last week i set my preferred to Elim, got one, then three skirmish, and that wasn't map voted, that was leave and join.

As for today, i've matchmade 6 times this morning. First DCd to menu before char select, second after char select, 3rd match i played, 4th Dcd to menu, 5th was endless load screen, had to close app, 6th had 2 afks, one pacing in the spawn. 6 attempts, 2 actually functioned, 1 was playable. All this while we have the free champ status from the other terrible issues.

7th match had 2 more afks. 40 points vs 950 when i joined. at this rate i'm not even going to finish my daily dominion vs ai.

Netcode_err_404
03-04-2017, 03:05 PM
I don't mind disconnections, or cheap GB insta kill from ledges.

What I DO MIND is the absurd defensive gamestyle people are adopting each passiing day.
1v1 is becoming tedious.

Shoshone Vulpes
03-04-2017, 03:38 PM
The game is mostly cool, the only thing is in my opinion that is the problem is they don't fix the peer 2 peer system they have for multiplayer. I don't like putting in 1 hour but I only get maybe 30 minutes of game play or less, maybe complete 3 out of 7 games, being disconnected from a game that I almost finish win or lose and receive no rewards or kills, match finishes, Et Ectera towards my orders progress. I could have had all my heroes/heroines at 1 rep each instead of 6 rep for 6 characters so far. It's a pain to pay for a product that I can hardly play online... I also have not received my Deluxe Edition content, Ubisoft seems set on stiffing me on that.

vAshes2Ashesv
03-04-2017, 04:30 PM
I don't mind disconnections, or cheap GB insta kill from ledges.

What I DO MIND is the absurd defensive gamestyle people are adopting each passiing day.
1v1 is becoming tedious.

I emotionally disconnect myself from For Honor most of the time so disconnections and insta kills don't bother me AS much any more. I would agree 110% with the absurd defensive players. Waiting for you to make a move and as soon as you do, parry/block/deflect/counterattack and quick combo and BOOM you're on 1 bar of health. People say the game is balanced, it is to a degree, but when they just wait for people to attack and don't bother attacking first and that makes you lose 99% of those fights.

AkenoKobayashi
03-04-2017, 10:34 PM
IF they can somewhat pull the Division out of the sink hole, maybe they can pull For Honor out too. Get official servers, balance out the gear stats, fix match making, fix guard breaking, add a vote to kick option.

Proboszcz777
03-04-2017, 11:21 PM
To all these requests I would suggest that dev team should study a bit about matchmaking algorithms and balancing methods. What is more, they should improve it by hoarding somewhere aside those damn ragequitters. Not only I have to deal with horrible net support but also people that can't lose.

The_Mensan
03-04-2017, 11:26 PM
I don't mind any of these things EXCEPT the whining of idiots. All the stupid "rebalancing" calls against clearly underpowered heroes like Orochi because they get noobstomped, that's my main problem.

Wulfbrave
03-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Peer to peer kills the game for me. I cant play at all. Having long delays 90% of games. I can only spam buttons and hope the command goes through.....

coloss3070
03-04-2017, 11:39 PM
I like pretty much everything in this game except the fact that it is a bit more defensive than it should be but that's why I rarely play 1v1. Just play all the other modes - there is nowhere they can run in all other modes ;]

D0MFTW
03-05-2017, 04:42 AM
Like I've seen someone else say and I quote "For Honor is an exercise in frustration" and I completely agree. Between the constant connection and matchmaking errors the core game feeling unbalanced I always leave the game PO.

IF they can somewhat pull the Division out of the sink hole, maybe they can pull For Honor out too. Get official servers, balance out the gear stats, fix match making, fix guard breaking, add a vote to kick option.

Don't forget it took Massive a full year to finally give us the game we should of had at launch. If it's gonna take Ubi Montréal a full year to fix this mess I'm out and won't bother with Ubi for a long time.

M-C
03-05-2017, 06:17 AM
Let me preface by saying that I enjoy the game...when it's working. That being said, For Honor is, at this time, dangerously close to being a faulty, unreliable product, as far as my experience with it has gone. I've even had data retrieval issues in Story Mode. Led to a lot of re-doing/re-collecting everything I already did for the unlocks, despite already having the trophies to prove I did it :D

I fear that by the time they get For Honor in the right place, which I think will happen, the vast majority will be gone. There are just too many damn good games out there these days...and they actually are 100% functional out the box!

HippieRonin
03-05-2017, 06:37 AM
I have no life, but I do have a job. I only play enough during the week to complete my contracts, and I've been leveling a variety of heroes to avoid the issues with being overleveled on one hero and trying to play another. The connection issues are getting much better. I have not been dropped from an almost-complete game once this weekend. It either drops me early on or not at all. I hope connectivity continues to improve, but the game is more than playable in its current state. I love this game! When I get closer to 108 gear score, maybe I'll have more complaints, but the game is not dying from issues on that level. How many people are anywhere close to 108 gear score? Not most.

XxHunterHxX
03-05-2017, 10:10 AM
if only the dev's cared they NEVER respond on here !

Pirus_
06-28-2017, 08:58 AM
1. Too many places to to throw someone off the ledge.
2. In domination mode many caps are located in places where you have ledges around. (wtf? "this is sparta" fan made this maps)
Parry + GB + Heavy Attacks is too op, too easy and overused. In game we have different classes, different combos and playstyles, but most players uses this combo at all of them which makes this game boring, lacking in fight complication and hardness. There was multiple threads about that with mutliple ideas what could be done about that but none of them or any other implented to the game. IDK, remove attack indicators, just do something because now Mount & Blade has better and more exciting fighting system.
3. Two new classes with hella long combo list but nothing added to already existing classes. But still, seen mutliple ninjas waiting for parry + gb or trying to do that. (wtf for they ppl even spending that amounts of steel or real money to play the same **** style just in other skin?!)
4. Completely rebuild game modes on war map and also add games out of war map just to make it more RolePlayish, would feel better, you know. Even small and stupid things like mobs... Why da fuq me, as a samurai, fight next to some kngiht mobs or viking and only sometimes witn samurai mobs? Just stick to one mobs depends of faction, not which warriors we have in team. Change modes of battle and domination, cos running to the three randomly placed caps is awkard and destroy whole immersion of feudal fight. Make it like attackers and defenders, something like that, where we would have 2 caps, no 3, and waves with it which meets in one place, somewhere in middle of these two caps and we, as soldier, would fight along this lines instead of running around them map like in some CoD shiet or BF, getting ganked by 3 ppl, trying to recap all time the same spawns. Do you remember that mission in samurai faction where we had to stere this elephant via whistling and then we was approaching to the upper castle with mob soldiers which was fighting on the stairs. Just make it like that, even that map would be lit af. Attackers spawn at this big squere, big wave which would run toward these stairs and defender waves running downstairs, and so on, deffenders cap upstair in this small samurai castle. Better immersion, feeling and real meaning of domination. Also make map tematical, same like mobs. Samurai mobs stick to samurai faction = samurai-like map stay to samurai faction, knight-like map stick to samurai faction and so on. So if we would play domination we would one time play as deffender in some samurai castle, samurai forest or samurai fortress gate, deffend on big, long and wide bridge, with deffender cap at the gate and attacker cap just before the bridge. Then, if we would play as attacker lets say we would fight in some viking village with small river in the middle with few bridges without that ledge-drop-gay oportunities, with some nice moutains in the view in large distance... Immersion, Ubi, that's something which can make game a wat more better.
6. As I said above, make non-warmap mode games which could be the existing ones dominations and battles, where we would have some random maps, with random mobs, etc, etc, just like it looks now.l Ah, and in battle mode in warmap mode you could make it look more like battle. Maps with more open fields, some big, really big wave (lets say 100 minions) and we would fight, with tematical immesion as well. Samurai mobs in samurai faction, etc, etc, if samurai would be deffenders so we should fight on some japan-style plain with that whute-rose trees in distance, with some japan fortres seen in sight in small fog, that white leafs flying around. Guys, this game can be really nice, because for now the only thing that really is good in this game is the soldier look, their animations, stances, move styles and all about just champion look. But you should add sheath for swords and also, as samurai player again, I would like to see 2nd blade at my Orochi weist, just for look, samurai wield two swords. Now he looks like some peasent which took armor and sword from dead samurai, same goes for Kensei. Katana + wakizashi and Nodachi + wakizashi and sheaths.
Just do something big, don/t be like no man's sky.

Mia.Nora
06-28-2017, 12:00 PM
1. Connection Issues
2. non-existing matchmaking
3. horrible balance between characters
4. defensive meta
5. quality of life mechanics being absent (too long to list them all)

also pretty much all game modes have serious issues, but again too long to list them all and pointless since noone reads this anyway.

Thazgar
06-28-2017, 01:33 PM
The defensive meta is absolute cancer.

I just met a Raider just waiting for me to attack. He didn't tried anything, just dodge attack and block. And sometimes, doing a GB and his ZA.

Ianoneshot
06-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Combo abuse. Connection issues. Guard break counter being broken. Connection issues. Overpowered gear stats. Lack of variety in game modes. Connection issues. Lack of variety in customisation options. Connection issues. Low steel payouts. Throwing people off edges too much for a cheap win. Connection issues. Players being toxic in general: see emote/text spam. Did I mention connection issues?

The game is dying/dead. There's no mention of upcoming content as well, only mention of the patch that has yet to be implemented (might be the fault of Microsoft/Sony cert testing but still) the patch is not fixing most of the problems. It's fixing 1 single problem and buffing/nerfing/fixing a few things. It's not enough and I'm afraid it's too little too late. For Honor on Xbox was at about 50,000ish players yesterday, today it seems to be less. Launch it had 140,000 people playing. nearly 2 thirds of the player base already gone because of all the issues I mentioned above. I don't know what the player base is like now on PC or PS4 but I'd imagine it's suffering.

I wanna believe that you guys at Ubi care about the game, or had the ability to turn this mess around, but I can't any more. I can't even bare to finish the daily challenges off because of how bad the game is now. Just feels like an obvious cash grab, which is a shame because I (could) love For Honor.

Dunt do dis to us pls ubisaft

One thing: Its REALLY hard to constantly punch out updates OVER AND OVER. Unless if you dont want to see you're family.

AKDagriZ
06-28-2017, 10:51 PM
i do believe the PC player base is now very low.Only dominion keep a high activity level.After , duel keep it above medium to high activity , all 3 other mode are generally low activity.Only really good player remain in this game on PC version . Medium and casual gamer has fleed

Lately i lose all my duel ,they have all became parry monster plus i usually meet the same people . I dont play one shot heavy kill from behind like dominion which let me with duel mode match option to play for honor

JEF_DoK420.
11-10-2017, 09:46 AM
I really like the style of the game but i just played it in free beta. I really enjoyed it but now i don t know if 24€ is worth it. I wold like to get some answer from some players and decide to buy the game or no.

Klingentaenz3r
11-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Sure is. But it depends on what you think is worth spending 24 EUR for.
For 24 EUR you can obtain a game you can really spend some time with in my opinion. It is challenging, has a good learning curve and is subject to changes and tweaks (and as really great looks). The new game mode is something to look forward to in my opinion since it encourages more team play than the overs before. However you need to consider that you also buy a title by ubisoft and what you've heard about them is basically what you get (you can read steam reviews about that for example). May some points be exaggerrated, some are not. A lot of people are just crybabies who cannot really look at the bigger picture or cope with new ways to handle situations. But then again there are definitley flaws that should not exist and simply makes a gamer's live unnecessarily harder (from really unintuitive menu design and unhandy uplay overlay to connectivity issues).
What it comes down to is that this game has plenty of issues. You might not be affected by all of them, but in general you have to be willing to cope with them and try to find some workarounds yourself. Ubisoft is from the past experience since release very very slow in addressing and finally fixing issues Often even by bringing new problems to the table and leaving them there for quite some time without hotfixing critical stuff right away. At least some of the bigger issues are targeted and planned to be solved and everyone is waiting on how they will deliver. In general you can hold a point for them as they are quite eager to produce stuff and in terms of looks what they lately deliver is pretty cool.

This is quite a game in which you can dive deep in also in terms in contributing and following its development. It is fun (the meme's are pretty fun too), but can also be quite frustrating. In conclusion For Honor is in every way a double-edged sword, but I guess for 24 EUR one cannot complain (other than the ones that paid 100) and should most definitely give it a try I'd say.

If you however follow a certain principle in only support gaming companies that really do things for their community and get things done timely you might want to place that money elsewhere.

btw. It is free2play this weekend. So download it and hop in to see for yourself. Aaand if you play dominion, best put on some gear with defence penetration once you get it (can be increased by implementing some very few steel resources) and don't go with negative defence values/attack values.
If you like I can provide you some more insighted details once you get going.

HF

Jazz117Volkov
11-11-2017, 02:49 AM
I play on PC. I haven't been in a game vs players in forever. Matchmaking takes way too long, and I don't have the time to queue again after a disconnect. And the bot modes are so pathetic I'm starting to question why I keep playing.

Every mode but Dominion and Duel are Low Activity all the time, and this weekend Duel seems to be hanging around medium (usually High).

It sucks, but I don't think there's going to be much left by the end of Season 4, if it even lasts that long.

@Ubisoft
Are you guys looking at ways to make the game more hospitable for newer palyers? And I know the lack of cooperative content has turned away most of my friends. Even veterans of the game are starting to retire it because of the same old grind. Just allowing players to host bot matches, with matchmaking running in the background (to pull players into an active game) would do a lot.