PDA

View Full Version : Combo Spam is out of control; Game is gonna be dead pretty quick at this rate

Varangian_Wolf
03-04-2017, 12:18 PM
The Combo Spamming for all heroes with those options is out of control. There are at least 8 classes with a stun and comb spam that make it so you literally cannot have a fight. Its a one sided wreck of whomever can stun first and then simply work the rotation.

At this point, with the trend of my friends leaving the game on Steam and going back to more balanced titles.... this game will be dead in 2 months. there's no hope for it really. Better games coming out in the upcoming months. Its why Ubisoft went P2P, so they wouldn't have to put up money for servers. They already knew this was broken.

Fact is; there are so many balancing issues in this game, that it would take nearly an entire reworking of the games classes to fix it.
The spamming between at least 8 of the classes is so bad that it makes 2 of the classes, and especially the Raider practically WORTHLESS to play.

Ubi does not communicate with its players; has NOT addressed ANY of the top 4, or the issues that are being complained about REPEATEDLY regarding P2P or the spamming of abilities.; The defensive meta makes the game SO boring that myself, and all four of my friends who bought it together have played it less than 8 hours this week now. As of tonight, we got on, played a couple of matches, and realized there was no point. In every match it was only Wardens mixed with a sporattic Nobushi or PK, and Orochi. Sadly, this is a dead game. And its due to horrible development staff, and a community of players who are horrible to each other. (Which is really sad considering this game is less than a month into release, and you cannot go a single game with a racial slur or being trolled with combo spam from skill-less heroes.)

This game has quickly become the biggest disappointment of 2017. And its kinda heartbreaking, because after testing it for most of last year, I was really looking forward to having fun playing this for a while. Unfortunately the spamming and imbalance is too much to create consistent enjoyment. There is far more consistent frustration. So Ill be leaving probably very soon, along with my friends. I wont be playing a ubisoft game again for a long while.

So to Ubi, thanks for being the disappointment you are. Reminds the rest of us not to trust you.
And to the rest of you, see ya out there in the gaming world somewhere...

Netcode_err_404
03-04-2017, 12:36 PM
The Combo Spamming for all heroes with those options is out of control. There are at least 8 classes with a stun and comb spam that make it so you literally cannot have a fight. Its a one sided wreck of whomever can stun first and then simply work the rotation.

At this point, with the trend of my friends leaving the game on Steam and going back to more balanced titles.... this game will be dead in 2 months. there's no hope for it really. Better games coming out in the upcoming months. Its why Ubisoft went P2P, so they wouldn't have to put up money for servers. They already knew this was broken.

Fact is; there are so many balancing issues in this game, that it would take nearly an entire reworking of the games classes to fix it.
The spamming between at least 8 of the classes is so bad that it makes 2 of the classes, and especially the Raider practically WORTHLESS to play.

Ubi does not communicate with its players; has NOT addressed ANY of the top 4, or the issues that are being complained about REPEATEDLY regarding P2P or the spamming of abilities.; The defensive meta makes the game SO boring that myself, and all four of my friends who bought it together have played it less than 8 hours this week now. As of tonight, we got on, played a couple of matches, and realized there was no point. In every match it was only Wardens mixed with a sporattic Nobushi or PK, and Orochi. Sadly, this is a dead game. And its due to horrible development staff, and a community of players who are horrible to each other. (Which is really sad considering this game is less than a month into release, and you cannot go a single game with a racial slur or being trolled with combo spam from skill-less heroes.)

This game has quickly become the biggest disappointment of 2017. And its kinda heartbreaking, because after testing it for most of last year, I was really looking forward to having fun playing this for a while. Unfortunately the spamming and imbalance is too much to create consistent enjoyment. There is far more consistent frustration. So Ill be leaving probably very soon, along with my friends. I wont be playing a ubisoft game again for a long while.

So to Ubi, thanks for being the disappointment you are. Reminds the rest of us not to trust you.
And to the rest of you, see ya out there in the gaming world somewhere...

Dramatic.

While I agree on the problem, game is new, still room for improvements.

If nothing will change in a couple of months, than yes, thats exactly what is going to happen.

Lot of people came out with good ideas, i think devs can take the best from each thread and do something about that.

Real problem here is defensive meta, combo spam is secondary .

Valtaya
03-04-2017, 12:37 PM
This combo crap have to go, way too easy to cheat out with macros and bots. Wonder why they added it in the first place... three directions, light and heavy attacks... that is way enough for your own combos. Whatever, a friend told me to get For Honor because it is fun (well 3 weeks ago), but he failed to tell me about combos, if he did, I would have never touched For Honor.

Azrakel2
03-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Seriously a complaint about combos? its a fighter your supposed to use combos. this isn't Call of duty where you outshoot the other. If you cant defend against combos you need to get good and practice

Mokoo101
03-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Seriously a complaint about combos? its a fighter your supposed to use combos. this isn't Call of duty where you outshoot the other. If you cant defend against combos you need to get good and practice

You're misunderstanding the post, he is talking about the repetition of ridiculous chains of uninterruptable cheese combos, such as Warlords:

Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab > Headbutt > Stab

Netcode_err_404
03-04-2017, 12:46 PM

Spamming the same 2 attacks ( charge rb charge GB) is not a combo.

Most of the people do not even use combos, because a block will negate every combo attempt. So they stick to unparriable charges and headbutt in loop

Its funny because the most viable attack doesn't come out by your weapon.

Duskmare
03-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Spamming the same 2 attacks ( charge rb charge GB) is not a combo.

Most of the people do not even use combos, because a block will negate every combo attempt. So they stick to unparriable charges and headbutt in loop

Its funny because the most viable attack doesn't come out by your weapon.

I totally agree that almost any attempted combo will result in a block or a parry. Plus, with the guard break having been made super easy to counter, it's no longer useful for opening up defenses. Now your only option is a shoulder barge/ shield bash, or some other unblockable attack. Orocchi and Peacekeeper are the exceptions though because they can attack fast enough to get past guards, since people just can't react fast enough, or change guard stances fast enough...