PDA

View Full Version : Why do people deny having conversation and discussions in Reddit & forums?

DOOMMarine117
03-04-2017, 02:22 AM
seriously just because there are rumors/leaks of the next game doesn't mean we should automatically deny having conversations, there is nothing wrong with having conversations of future games. kotaku is not the owner of the franchise, just because they got lucky with "unity/syndicate". Doesn't mean there right about every single leak.

have you forgot about the term " take it with a grain of salt"?.

i am tired of this in the Reddit community and the forums so stop. it's forbidden to make and force others to believe in the rumors/leaks.

it's not going to be ancient Egypt because ubisoft themselves have not said anything at all and it's very misleading to say it that the next game is ":ancient Egypt".

they cannot confirm rumors or leaks. so stop.

Plus, i have tried asking them myself and they don't confirm anything so it's pointless to confirm the next game without ubisoft with the official leak and trailer.

what happens if the next game is a different and unique setting or a requested setting?

that means you will get let down by the hype that is fake and immature.

shows how irresponsible of the community on how they are handling the rumors. seems you guys have forgotten how to handle it.

so "enough is enough".

stop i had enough of it.

i am going to wait for the next official word which will be sometime this month or April or mayish.

if not e3 is because for honor & ghost recon are out and no longer the main focus.

So the next games are: watch dogs 3, far cry & assassin's creed(official setting).

So stop with the fake leaks.

besides don't come crying to me if the next game is not Egypt.

so your lost.

also, don't comment on my grammar ether part of the of having discussions.

KevinMurphy
03-04-2017, 04:25 AM
Wow. Ok. First off, Kotaku didn't "get lucky" with Unity and Syndicate. They have genuine insider sources where they get their information. And Jason Schrier specifically (give credit where credit is due) is a great reporter. He was reported many leaks, including Unity, Rogue, Syndicate, and Watch Dogs 2, and not a single one of his leaks has ever been false.

So if you wanna sit here and pretend that's not the case, go ahead. But instead of being unreasonably mad because we aren't discussing things that won't happen, why not accept it? There is plenty of discussion happening about the next AC, people are just being realistic because we know Empire is the next game. This isn't the 90s anymore, where false rumors spread like crazy. Sure, there are fakes, and there are journalists for lesser websites that report on ********. But Kotaku is know for excellent gaming journalism, and Jason Schrier's track record speaks for itself. Instead of going on a long rant, why not join the rest of us in getting hype about the next game? Talk about when in Ancient Egypt do you think it will happen? What kind of weapons do you want to see? How do you think the shield will effect combat? What do you think about the possibility of AC2-esque tombs returning? Speculate on the Pyramids in relation to the Isu? The discussion points are endless.

Helforsite
03-04-2017, 08:21 AM
also, don't comment on my grammar ether part of the of having discussions.

I will comment on your grammar, because part of having discussions is being able to understand each other which you make harder.
Certainly, nobody expects perfect grammar, because a whole lot of people - myself included - on these forums are not native speakers, but at least make sure that we can understand you properly and maybe also think about formatting your texts.
Having to guess what you mean is not beneficial to your arguments.

rob1990312
03-04-2017, 08:22 AM
The rumour that the next game is set in eygpt has gotten so big and out of control that if it wasnt the next game ubi would have shut it dwn ages ago. The fact they have said nothin confirms the rumour i think because if they didnt stop it and the next setting was somewhere else it would cause a lot of confusion and dissapointment and that would hurt sales and ubi arnt idiots . So i think you should brace yourself for the whiplash you will get on here when empire/Eygpt gets annonced in a couple of months.
id still be skeptical about a release date for this year

Helforsite
03-04-2017, 08:29 AM
The rumour that the next game is set in eygpt has gotten so big and out of control that if it wasnt the next game ubi would have shut it dwn ages ago. The fact they have said nothin confirms the rumour i think because if they didnt stop it and the next setting was somewhere else it would cause a lot of confusion and dissapointment and that would hurt sales and ubi arnt idiots . So i think you should brace yourself for the whiplash you will get on here when empire/Eygpt gets annonced in a couple of months.
Exactly, they would be setting themselves up to fail.
Now, while I very much believe it will come out this year, I agree that it is totally possible it will come out next year, so that they can dodge Shadow of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 eating to their sales.

ze_topazio
03-04-2017, 12:09 PM
http://oi67.tinypic.com/141qi0.jpg

Sigma 1313
03-05-2017, 12:12 AM
But Egypt seems very likely to be the net location. It makes sense for the series to go there, the initial leak was probably a bit off, but not completely. Kotaku confirmed it because they have sources in a large number of games studios and can correctly leak information as a result. I don't want to say they're good for games journalism, because they're not, but they are accurate with leaks. Egypt and Africa has been continuously mentioned in the series with comics and the games, including the PoE, the Ankh, which seems like it could be relevant with the Shroud and the current story Arc of bringing Juno back, along with other lore. There is so much to speculate about with the lore in the state it's in, especially the modern day. Sure, the game could be Feudal Japan, or middle age Europe, Central America, Vikings, or whatever, but none of it seems as likely or has had any leaks or relevance for the next game. That's why I made a thread about what's to come after Empire Trilogy, because those games will be entering development now or soon.

Namikaze_17
03-05-2017, 03:59 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-06-2014/6ASfKu.gif

Helforsite
03-05-2017, 08:47 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-06-2014/6ASfKu.gif

^^

DOOMMarine117
03-06-2017, 02:13 AM
The rumour that the next game is set in eygpt has gotten so big and out of control that if it wasnt the next game ubi would have shut it dwn ages ago. The fact they have said nothin confirms the rumour i think because if they didnt stop it and the next setting was somewhere else it would cause a lot of confusion and disappointment and that would hurt sales and ubi arnt idiots . So i think you should brace yourself for the whiplash you will get on here when empire/Egypt gets announced in a couple of months.

so you think you and others are gonna be right and start hating on others for not believing in the setting?

lol.

this the kinda of response i was expecting on here as well, since i been viewing the behaviors and attitudes from these dumb believers.

First off, why should i expect when there is a 100% chance of i t being fake? look, you believers and kotaku are not right, stop it with this attitude.

there is no need for that. you think i hide like a little child?

look mate. were suppose to be taking these rumors a grain of salt.

that how it works, you fanboys are starting to show your true colors. it's like your dictating others to force them to believe on what some internet guy says.

i am starting to seriously to question this community.

you guys are now worse than the call of duty and halo communities.

i don't even care what you guys say, besides why squash every rumor and leak that gets leaked debunked them and then don't do the same for this one?

look again, that is very immature of you guys to do.

you guys are the ones who will be disappointing, not me. because i am not hype for it especially when there is no confirmation or a trailer.

the only reason shadow of war came out was because it had an official leak that was very professional by someone.

so therefore empire does not exist.

empire also is not exclusive to Egypt.

other forces in history had own the name besides Egypt.

Do i need to mention: Roman empire, British empire, napoleon, Russians, Chinese, japan?

you guys have forgot that you do not own the franchise ubisoft does.

they can cancel it anytime they want.

don't do anything stupid to them in e3 when it comes. it's not good to the next title to be just Egypt when in reality it will be in another setting. don't try to mislead people into thinking you guys are right and everyone else is wrong.

DOOMMarine117
03-06-2017, 02:14 AM
^^

funny post,lol.

D.I.D.
03-06-2017, 02:36 AM
so you think you and others are gonna be right and start hating on others for not believing in the setting?

lol.

Nobody's "hating" you.

this the kinda of response i was expecting on here as well, since i been viewing the behaviors and attitudes from these dumb believers.

First off, why should i expect when there is a 100% chance of i t being fake? look, you believers and kotaku are not right, stop it with this attitude.

People aren't saying all this stuff becuase they heard the working title "Empire" and jumped to conclusions about it meaning the Egyptian Empire. There's a lot more to this.

Scepticism is often healthy, but saying it's 100% fake doesn't make you Superman. This is kind of a pointless conversation. NDAs mean that people who know for a fact what's going on can't talk about the game, and even if they could you wouldn't believe them.Anyone who's under an NDA just has to hold their tongue. You've made your take clear, and you're welcome to bump this thread after the announcement

if you still want to

rob1990312
03-06-2017, 04:15 AM
Look if you followed ac as obsessively as some of us poor fanboys you would know that peoples theory on eygpt isnt based off one kotaku article
Also when the original leak came out on neogaf i think it also predicted that ac wouldnt be at e3 2016 and that no ac main game would be released in 2016 either and that turned out to be true
You seem like someone who wanted feudal japan
Do a bit of research or stop trolling whichever suits you best

Sigma 1313
03-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Mate, you can have whatever opinion you want, but an opinion is not fact. We understand Egypt may not be the next location, but it seems very likely due to a wealth of easter eggs, references, games journalists, and a few leaks that may be credible. Definitely some parts were true such as Ubi taking a year off and no AC at E3 2016. This does not prove Empire to be Egypt, but it makes the leak more credible, which is why right now we believe it. It's not that another setting would be hated either, it just seems likely, and it has potential.

Also, just because someone has a differing opinion doesn't mean you can't have yours. Personally, I'd love to hear the evidence you have on why AC2017 won't be Egypt.
Please note, that as other have said, Empire does not mean Egyptian Empire.I'm hoping for Egypt in the Achaemenid Empire but think Egypt under the Roman Empire is more likely. Some people also think it may be mid-late Ptolemaic Egypt.

Finally, as someone who is in the Halo (I also worked on Installation 01) and Gears of War community, I can say undoubtedly that this community is not worse. Halo lost about 3/5ths of its players over the past 10 years. About 1/5th of the players left hate 343 while the other 4/5 suck their ****s. As for Gears, while Gears 4 is sub-par, the community is acting like the game threw hundreds of babies into a sex ring and the developers deserve to burn. Those are toxic communities. A community agreeing over the legitimacy of a leak and talking to others about that excitement is not toxic.

rob1990312
03-06-2017, 04:46 AM
@doommarine What do you mean dont do anything stupid to them at e3
What do u think is goin to happen that about 20 of us fans are goin to fly to e3 and chain ourselves to the railings , with placards shouting Down with this sort of thing
Im kind of bewildered at your last post after reading it a second time but it made me laugh
Im not trying to force my opinion on anyone, you sound like there is a fanboy conspiracy to force ubi into making an eygpt game, when in reality people are just discussing the most likely settin with the information already out there
Theres a reference to eygpt at the end of dead kings dlc, a similar easter egg was left in an ac brotherhood dlc to tease ac3 which came out 2 games later the same gap as uniy and empire so the eygpt reference in unity could be very relevant as ubi has done this type of thing before
There is the cancelled ubi game osiris based in eygpt that could have assets recycled
There is an old interview from way before the leak where the black flag director says he would like to work on ac eygpt
Its rumored the blackflag team are making empire
There is talk of empire being a triology starting in romanan era eyptp and going to roman era rome and greece
Ubi released surveys years ago asking fans what periods they would like best from a list of abot ten locations or more and ancient rome was on that list and i think eygpt and greece maybe there too, in the past ubi has implemented things from other surveys such as crafting and bomb making in revelations
Syndicate was leake the year before this leak in similare fashion under the codename victory
Before that black flag was leaked
Ac3 was leaked but not a lot of hype was made from it
Botherhood was leaked before official conformation too
I cant remember if any of the rest of them were leaked
Can you see a pattern emerging here, most years we know in advance where ac will be before official conformation this time the hype is only a little bigger
This is mostly wat i base my speculation on but il admit i could be very wrong but i dont think i am
If anyone else can add to that list please do
If its not eygpt id be fine with that as long as its not civil war america

SixKeys
03-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Honestly I have no idea what you're trying to say, OP. Are you mad about censorship? Is someone stopping you from having conversations on Reddit? Or are you mad at other people for discussing Empire? Your posts are very confusing.

Helforsite
03-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Honestly I have no idea what you're trying to say, OP. Are you mad about censorship? Is someone stopping you from having conversations on Reddit? Or are you mad at other people for discussing Empire? Your posts are very confusing.

@OP: Seems like you want to force us to stop talking about the next game being probably set in Ancient Egypt, but we wont.
Now, if the next game is announced and set somewhere else, sure I will be disappointed and probably express that disappointment to Ubisoft in a post or two, but thats because Ubisoft let us get excited for this setting, when in fact they could have debunked it very easily.
Also, if the next games setting is shown to be just as good as Ancient Egypt, nobody will care that we expected something else when the game releases.

Usercake
03-06-2017, 06:10 PM

Lol.

This the kinda of response i was expecting on here as well, since i been viewing the behaviors and attitudes from these dumb believers.

First off, why should i expect when there is a 100% chance of i t being fake? Look, you believers and kotaku are not right, stop it with this attitude.

There is no need for that. You think i hide like a little child?

Look mate. Were suppose to be taking these rumors a grain of salt.

That how it works, you fanboys are starting to show your true colors. It's like your dictating others to force them to believe on what some internet guy says.

I am starting to seriously to question this community.

You guys are now worse than the call of duty and halo communities.

I don't even care what you guys say, besides why squash every rumor and leak that gets leaked debunked them and then don't do the same for this one?

Look again, that is very immature of you guys to do.

You guys are the ones who will be disappointing, not me. Because i am not hype for it especially when there is no confirmation or a trailer.

The only reason shadow of war came out was because it had an official leak that was very professional by someone.

So therefore empire does not exist.

Empire also is not exclusive to egypt.

Other forces in history had own the name besides egypt.

Do i need to mention: Roman empire, british empire, napoleon, russians, chinese, japan?

You guys have forgot that you do not own the franchise ubisoft does.

They can cancel it anytime they want.

Don't do anything stupid to them in e3 when it comes. It's not good to the next title to be just egypt when in reality it will be in another setting. Don't try to mislead people into thinking you guys are right and everyone else is wrong.

i dont even know what reddit is !

ElectroPuff
03-06-2017, 08:12 PM

lol.

there is no need for that. you think i hide like a little child?

look mate. were suppose to be taking these rumors a grain of salt.

that how it works, you fanboys are starting to show your true colors. it's like your dictating others to force them to believe on what some internet guy says.

i am starting to seriously to question this community.

you guys are now worse than the call of duty and halo communities.

i don't even care what you guys say, besides why squash every rumor and leak that gets leaked debunked them and then don't do the same for this one?

look again, that is very immature of you guys to do.

you guys are the ones who will be disappointing, not me. because i am not hype for it especially when there is no confirmation or a trailer.

the only reason shadow of war came out was because it had an official leak that was very professional by someone.

so therefore empire does not exist.

empire also is not exclusive to Egypt.

other forces in history had own the name besides Egypt.

Do i need to mention: Roman empire, British empire, napoleon, Russians, Chinese, japan?

you guys have forgot that you do not own the franchise ubisoft does.

they can cancel it anytime they want.

don't do anything stupid to them in e3 when it comes. it's not good to the next title to be just Egypt when in reality it will be in another setting. don't try to mislead people into thinking you guys are right and everyone else is wrong.

You okay hun?

cawatrooper9
03-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Did I miss something?
What is the purpose of this thread?

ERICATHERINE
03-07-2017, 02:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10N2qQu_nGM

Usercake
03-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Did I miss something?
What is the purpose of this thread?

he wants to know why no one gives a **** about AC on reddit forums I think

cawatrooper9
03-07-2017, 10:07 PM
he wants to know why no one gives a **** about AC on reddit forums I think

Yeah, I mean your guess is as good as mine.

I tried reading through the thread again, and I think I (maybe) have a better understanding of it now. So, OP, if you do come back to read this, just know that most of us here are indeed healthily skeptical of the Empire setting. There have indeed been a lot of leaks, but you know, that's really all we have to go off of. In light of these supposed leaks that have mostly been pretty consistent on the Ancient Egypt, and taking into account that there really isn't much to talk of at this point, I don't really know what you expect us to do. We're talking about what we can, and I don't really see a reason to stop people from doing so.

And honestly, not all of us are totally sold on Egypt, either. Sure, I'll be disappointed if the next setting is significantly worse than it (like, if we got a game set in England during WWII... it's been done to death) but I honestly appreciate the complete mystery of not knowing for sure what the next game is. I'd love Egypt, but there are a lot of other places I'd like to see as well.

By the way- if you have your own theory about the next game, we really would love to hear about it! :)

rob1990312
06-13-2017, 11:51 PM
Its a bit sad that i remembered this thread but you cant say you werent told op

bitebug2003
06-14-2017, 01:20 PM
This thread has become redundant now

Closed