PDA

View Full Version : You REALLY effed-up with Revenge..,

CarnivalLaw
03-03-2017, 06:35 PM
...because now all the cheap-tactic scrubs have payed-to-win with their Revenge-heavy gear.

So Ubidiots, are you gonna do the right thing and remove Revenge from the game?

As it, it's a mechanic rewarding cheap play and poor decision making. Bravo!

Dashtrash07
03-03-2017, 07:00 PM
First off Revenge isn't a bad idea but Revenge takes away from smart play... As noted above in his comment even the gear scores not very high can just live on revenge and as soon as you get revenge the game turns to button mashing mindlessly. I get that a person can stupidly give you revenge by getting blocked but when I load a new game up and instantly face off against a guy who didn't block a single one of my attacks and took full damage from me gets to use revenge before he is dead. the crap is broke... that shouldn't be a thing...

Revenge all around needs to be nerfed BIG time throughout all gear scores because when you have revenge you don't need to fight smart you just button mash.

Either change that most heroes can have attacks interrupted by attacks still in revenge.
Make it so revenge is gained MUCH less often by reducing actions amount filling revenge meter.
Or you could make revenge have different effects on a per hero basis (Attacks can't or can be interrupted, or damage up or not, or defense up or not, speed etc...
-This way if a hero is based on taking smaller damage from a faster hero but dealing larger damage back while in revenge that can still be a thing but there is still a weakness somewhere else.
Could have 1 revenge per life, could reset that 1 time if you are revived or there could be a feat that lets you do it 2 times or whatever

Something needs to be done because as it stands revenge is broke and game mechanics are pretty damn good until you fight someone in revenge all the time and game mechanics don't matter to them.

In addition Guard Break NEEDS to not fill a hero's revenge meter...
Revenge is defined by injury sustained or defense/block... Guard break isn't dealing any damage and the guy didn't block it so when I guard break for a heavy hit and the guy gets revenge off a guard break it, uses it on my heavy hit, it makes me want to punch through my tv because he wasn't good or did anything of skill other than get guard broke and by definition of how you gain revenge the guard break fits into none of the categories...

HollowFactor
03-03-2017, 08:28 PM
...because now all the cheap-tactic scrubs have payed-to-win with their Revenge-heavy gear.

So Ubidiots, are you gonna do the right thing and remove Revenge from the game?

As it, it's a mechanic rewarding cheap play and poor decision making. Bravo!

Its pretty much bs, everyone's getting to gear score 108 and can have revenge mode every 2 seconds. This should be nerfed greatly, with no one gaining any revenge meter during 1v1 but only during 2v1, 3v1 or 4v1.

The Revenge meter should also have a cool down time of 5 seconds cause damn..

Skarik-
03-03-2017, 08:47 PM
The worst Part actually is, if you would actually look at it, that if you use revenge the Intended way. Watching your teammate fight a 1v1 without wanting the enemy to get Revenge you wait. So you After the enemy killed ur teammate you start fighting him. First Hit, oh gets revenge. Because revenge fills up in 1v1. And you would have to wait 30seconds to attack him with the pre filled revenge to empty.
But then again 108 geared people get instant revenge in 2 Blocks so ******** After ********. This game.. sigh.

magnificent_owl
03-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Couldn't agree more. Haven't had a 1vs1 without revenge for a while now. It's hit a point where can't hit attack too much or else you will build up there 'Revenge by injury'.

Sohanic22
03-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Some revenge builds in this game are just absolutely absurd right now. I played a dominion match last night and a high level PK was almost constantly in revenge mode. It enabled them to just sit in the middle and button mash. They were literally able to get their revenge before I was able to do enough damage to kill them without blocking even once.

Karma_Ghost
03-03-2017, 09:36 PM
There's a post somewhere about an interview with the game's director. It says they're looking at reducing the effect of revenge.

They could always add a gear stat that reduces enemy revenge gain. At least then there would be some compromise to full revenge gain gear.

ickyicz
03-03-2017, 09:47 PM
I do think it needs a long cooldown timer or limit to one per lifecycle so they're forced to use it in a more strategic way. My experience has had little trouble with revenge. When it pops off I just back off and get defensive. Almost 80% of players I've come across who pop revenge resort to spamming the same attack (top heavy or raider unblockable) so it's easy parry.

FirestormX5
03-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Can't say I agree with you guys but each to their own..