PDA

View Full Version : Joining the herd

XImohtephXX
03-03-2017, 04:12 PM
I will preface this article by saying I truly love and enjoy For Honor and it's game play and mechanical depth. I've been vocal in regards to AFK farming and other forms of cheap tactics and the ways they lessen the experience. That being said I find increasing temptation to do so out of sheer aggrivation. I often begin any session with several AI matches to get my head in the game and wake up my reflexes before getting to PVP. I also us AI matches afterwords to slow my mind down and relax depending on how intense the matches were. I've recently found this near impossible. I would safely say 8/10 matches I'll be paired with these people AFK farming. I repeatedly report these people and then promptly leave. Upon trying to join another different match even after some time it seems I'm thrown with the exact same people. As a matter of fact this happened 3 times in a row yesterday. So I find myself infuriated by seeing this over and over people with Renown 12 characters (undoubtedly from doing this nightly) when even my main is only Renown 3 because some if us have jobs and morals. And the frustration further increases when I think of the grinding I did on my own to finally get the perfect armor and weapon stats for him.

I wanted to write this to get an opinion from the community. Are there other people like me? People who enjoy the experience of this game and want to see it flourish but are tempted by these cheap tricks because of how rampant they have become?

I'm very interested to hear your civil and intelligent thoughts. Thank you

RatedChaotic
03-03-2017, 04:25 PM
It takes alot of time for a gaming company to issue bans. Sometimes a few months. I wouldnt risk it at all. I know its very frustrating trying to play legit and seeing others not do so. It happens in many games and they always get some form of punishment in the end. Ubi did it in The Division with the Darkzone xp exploiters. They will do it here aswell. Ubi is probably preparing their defense of issuing the bans for legal purposes.

Tho afk farming just removes that feeling of accomplishment for me. I'd rather earn my way not cheese through it.

PR0P4NE
03-03-2017, 04:28 PM
The problem is that game developers expect us, "the game playing community" to play within a certain set of moral constraints (no pushing, no ganking etc). This is the honour factor that a lot of people talk about.

But this a utopian expectation. Players will N E V E R play a game how the developers envisaged. PvE'ers will use glitches to beat the highest difficulty. PvP'ers will use glitches to essentially cheat, or will go to work while AFK and come back to a freshly minted rep 10 character.

If you are "honourable" you have two options.

Join them.

Or quit, because you can't compete with people who will scratch the bottom of every barrel for the slightest advantage.

The finest example of this is The Division, and the Dark Zone. A great idea; a lonely, desperate place full of the horrors of city ravaged by a pandemic. A place to get the best loot, team up with strangers, and pit your wits against fellow players should you wish to.

Nope; it's a place where large groups of chicken-dancing idiots can meet up and prevent solo players from even completing the cursory mission from the new DLC by ganking the new safe house and not letting anyone get close, let alone in.

brochacho78
03-03-2017, 04:41 PM
I will preface this article by saying I truly love and enjoy For Honor and it's game play and mechanical depth. I've been vocal in regards to AFK farming and other forms of cheap tactics and the ways they lessen the experience. That being said I find increasing temptation to do so out of sheer aggrivation. I often begin any session with several AI matches to get my head in the game and wake up my reflexes before getting to PVP. I also us AI matches afterwords to slow my mind down and relax depending on how intense the matches were. I've recently found this near impossible. I would safely say 8/10 matches I'll be paired with these people AFK farming. I repeatedly report these people and then promptly leave. Upon trying to join another different match even after some time it seems I'm thrown with the exact same people. As a matter of fact this happened 3 times in a row yesterday. So I find myself infuriated by seeing this over and over people with Renown 12 characters (undoubtedly from doing this nightly) when even my main is only Renown 3 because some if us have jobs and morals. And the frustration further increases when I think of the grinding I did on my own to finally get the perfect armor and weapon stats for him.

I wanted to write this to get an opinion from the community. Are there other people like me? People who enjoy the experience of this game and want to see it flourish but are tempted by these cheap tricks because of how rampant they have become?

I'm very interested to hear your civil and intelligent thoughts. Thank you

NO, i have this thing, its called integrity, id rather not play than resort to rubberband dancing, my orochi is p5 97 gear all legit

Prophit618
03-03-2017, 06:45 PM
If you're rep 3, then so what? You'll have your 108 gear pretty soon (assuming you didn't blow all your starting steel and crates already), and reps 4-30 are cosmetic only. I actually really enjoy it when I run into monkeys AFK farming bots, because it means I actually get to play a game against bots, as opposed to it being over in 5 minutes.

MrAwesome0ne
03-03-2017, 06:54 PM
I blame Allan F. Mogensen, and his whole "Work smarter not harder", thing.

Sirborkshire
03-03-2017, 07:21 PM
why not just play with bots on your team? problem fixed.