PDA

View Full Version : Berserker Deflect Interaction with v1.03 Valkyrie Bug

Bench10Shugokis
03-03-2017, 01:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVgSnCATLfI

Here's a video that I made to elaborate on the situation.

To summarize if you do not want to watch a video.

In the latest patch with the Valkyrie buff being increased combo speed, it has negatively affected the Berserker's deflect interaction with her, and outright bugs whole deflect up to the point where it's immediately bad.
When you deflect, the second hit in the combo comes in too fast for the deflect to understand what's going on (presumably.) and you never enter the full guard broken state you are supposed to. It's crippling for a Berserker to deal with this, without deflect. Valkyrie can switch combo-side usually faster than what you can actually guard-switch unless your reactions are pretty much predictions, so, deflect is a solid way to fight her. Well, apparently not.

The bug does not come up if you try to do anything but a combo-hit, including the sweep. As shown in the video. But as long as the combo hits keep coming, you're bound to get boned by this.

I don't know if the other assassins share this problem however, feel free to chime in if you've experienced this.

Thank you.

Trusade
03-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Hey! I made a post about this earlier, I'm glad you took the time to record it I also thought this had something to do with valk's increased speed. Only I made the dangerous assumption that this "bug" would also occur vs other speedy characters, I think I may have over-reached. But yeah, this is definitely a bug and should get fixed asap!

Felis_Menari
03-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Just when Berserker players thought they were done being boned by broken game mechanics...lol. I hope nothing nasty happens when the devs get around to tweaking my Lawbringer.

Trusade
03-03-2017, 03:15 PM
I just got out of a 1v1 duel vs a PK, I can confirm that Zerker's deflect also bugs against Peacekeeper's light attack combos, my initial assumption was right after all

Bench10Shugokis
03-03-2017, 04:29 PM
I just got out of a 1v1 duel vs a PK, I can confirm that Zerker's deflect also bugs against Peacekeeper's light attack combos, my initial assumption was right after all

That is how it always was though.

godchris2468
03-17-2017, 06:44 PM
I had the same problem but with Orochi, I countered Valk's top light jump and she hit me mid deflect.

AKDagriZ
03-17-2017, 06:53 PM
with valkyrie you can also perform the leg sweep while you get deflect by PK wich i dont mind