PDA

View Full Version : 2 hours and counting - can't get a single Skirmish game

Veerdin-Wraith
03-02-2017, 11:30 PM
Like the title says, I've been trying to get a Skirmish game for the past two hours and continuously get disconnected, being told that the "matchmaking failed". Normally I wouldn't even bother with that garbage mode but basically ALL of my current missions involve it in some way.

Oh, and the activity in Skirmish has been fluctuating between "high" and "very high", which seems to mean absolutely jack-all considering the fact it can't find a single damn game.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

xXl Plan B lXx
03-02-2017, 11:33 PM
I'm having a similar problem with my connection, and I've been working with a support rep to decipher the cause.

What platform are you playing on?

Like the title says, I've been trying to get a Skirmish game for the past two hours and continuously get disconnected, being told that the "matchmaking failed". Normally I wouldn't even bother with that garbage mode but basically ALL of my current missions involve it in some way.

Oh, and the activity in Skirmish has been fluctuating between "high" and "very high", which seems to mean absolutely jack-all considering the fact it can't find a single damn game.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-02-2017, 11:37 PM
I'm having a similar problem with my connection, and I've been working with a support rep to decipher the cause.

What platform are you playing on?

I am on Xbox and Ive seen the problem but its not been bad enough that I cant get a game.

I hate the game mode anyway but i do it for the orders. This is the only game mode that gives me repeated errors though, I think it was after 5 que tries i started getting games again without problem.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Okay so you're on XB1. When did this problem start? Last patch? Mine's been the entire time. Worse and better sometimes no real rhyme or reason.

I am on Xbox and Ive seen the problem but its not been bad enough that I cant get a game.

I hate the game mode anyway but i do it for the orders. This is the only game mode that gives me repeated errors though, I think it was after 5 que tries i started getting games again without problem.

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Okay so you're on XB1. When did this problem start? Last patch? Mine's been the entire time. Worse and better sometimes no real rhyme or reason.

Ive had que problems since the start, but really so has everyone in a way. For the skirmish being the only real problem i would say the last 2 days has been noticeably harder to get a game for that specific game mode. Maybe 5 ques of errors to get a game, and then it resolves itself i guess.

EDIT: Cant speak for the OP though, 2hours seems terrible.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-03-2017, 12:08 AM
I'm on PC, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Two and a half hours, now.

Mia.Nora
03-03-2017, 12:18 AM
Same here,

Open GREEN NAT

200mbps fibre connection

Very High Activity on game mode

Yet after hours of trying the result is the same for any Dominion, Elimination, Skirmish mode.

Majority of the time makes me wait wait wait and then says matchmaking failed.
If I somehow manage to enter lobby it Sometimes error at lobby.
If it pass that point sometimes game never starts and I can not leave loading either so I have to Alt-F4.
If somehow I make it into game, it rarely completes before an error pops and all achievements and rewards going null.

I am so done with 4+ player modes. As far as I am concerned they do not exist.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-03-2017, 12:21 AM
Have you tried just throwing your XB1 or PC for those on it into a DMZ? I've noticed that since I did that it cut down on SOME of the problem. Clearly not all of them or I wouldn't be working with Support.

Bob__Gnarly
03-03-2017, 05:30 AM
Trying to get into a skirmish game for the last half hour, yet it keeps failing to find one even though there's apparently very high activity lol.

I dont even like the mode but i have 2 contracts i want to finish off. Why is this game so farking frustrating?

On PC for what's worth.