PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft we need this "ranked" / hardcore mode NOW

Earl_Lemongrab
03-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Playing against higher gear players is unfair and should not be in such a game.

If you donīt want any matchmaking with balancing or you are too incompetent to program it... OK

The thing is that a lot of players would LOVE to see a mode without gear stats and pickups. So the game will be based on pure skill.

At least some message like "we are working on it" would be nice.

Have a great day

Brave_Thunder
03-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Play duel/brawl.Why bother to play 4v4 with those revenge easy mode builds?

Brave_Thunder
03-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Because i have three friends.

Then it should be easy to win against randoms in a team based mode

Hogmin
03-02-2017, 08:45 PM
This has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

This is exactly correct.

4 lv 1 characters with 0 gearscore have a TERRIBLE chance of beating full 108 revenge builds on the entire enemy team.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 08:54 PM
This is exactly correct.

4 lv 1 characters with 0 gearscore have a TERRIBLE chance of beating full 108 revenge builds on the entire enemy team.

As it should be...

Munktor
03-02-2017, 09:16 PM
uhm. why? i canīt understand that statement.. elaborate a bit with more words. Do you think they should not have a chance? Do you think people should have an advantage for grinding/money?

I think in all games that have any form of gear/skill accrual system should provide some kind of advantage to the player with more "points/XP/nodes" filled out.

Everyone has the same "chance" to acquire XP and gear. This is no different than say Battlefield where I unlocked my level 10 weapon before others on the server. They are now at a "disadvantage" because they don't have said weapon. Time/effort is rewarded in the 4v4 modes only from a gear/skills perspective. The 1v1 and 2v2 modes are designed to allow people to gain reputation and steel without being at a disadvantage from those that have either put in more time or spent real $$'s to gain steel faster.

Clamoring that someone that is higher reputation with more gear is "unfairly" winning is a bit odd, because it's the point of that mode. Invest time and effort to gain gear and skills to compete against others that are doing the same.

Knowing some players are weak and can't accept this design, they created a versus AI option for the 4v4 mode where you can again gain rep and steel withOUT being at a disadvantage.

TLDR - 4v4 modes are meant to be played with gear and skills/feats // 1v1 and 2v2 are meant to level up said gear and skills // Playing the AI is a good option for people that can't handle the gear system advantages

Panzer_Cmndr
03-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Balance the matchmaking and move along smartly.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-02-2017, 09:26 PM
There are already two of them. Duel and Brawl. Ubisoft already fixed that problem for you. +1 for Ubisoft.

The thing is that a lot of players would LOVE to see a mode without gear stats and pickups. So the game will be based on pure skill.

I agree with @Munktor regarding the gear score. Someone who has put more time and effort into the game than I have should have a reward. That reward comes in the form of gear and addons that can be bought. If you're playing in a game mode where gear score is a fundamental component of the game, then I'd think that you should be able to reap your rewards. For example, everyone talks about the "revenge gear" issue. Well when you're in a 4v1 battle, shouldn't you be able to get a balance to be able to possibly win?

Gearscore early on isn't the only factor in wins and losses in 4fv4 modes though. People need to understand that picking people off is a very real concept that should be employed. Don't try to fight 1v1 in a 4v4 game mode. It's stupid. Gain an advantage and utilize that advantage to push your team to the end. Throwing an enemy off a cliff to gain a numbers advantage for 12 seconds is huge.

uhm. why? i canīt understand that statement.. elaborate a bit with more words. Do you think they should not have a chance? Do you think people should have an advantage for grinding/money?

xXl Plan B lXx
03-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Not a video game. Not a fighting game. Not even remotely on the same level.

Tour de france, you are here for the third time.. take that bike with a motor!
Swimming? cool take some fins for donating 10k moneys.

NO. No Benefit whatsoever.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-02-2017, 09:28 PM
I think that this is the single biggest issue with regards to the gear gripes. I know that there is some formula, and you couple that with the P2P issues, and you'fe left with gear inequities.

Balance the matchmaking and move along smartly.

I'm curious with regards to the matchmaking. Does it take your account reputation into the equation? So I played a lot of Warlord or Warden and I'm Reputation 8. I want to play Shugoki. Is it going to look for Repuration 8 accounts to match me with on my Level 1 Shugoki?

Panzer_Cmndr
03-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Im not following the logic behind what Turric is saying. From what it seems like he thinks that it should be a cut and paste of the same attributes to each character with the only difference being the skin used for appearance. No upgrades to weapons, armor or abilities?

Panzer_Cmndr
03-02-2017, 09:31 PM
I think that this is the single biggest issue with regards to the gear gripes. I know that there is some formula, and you couple that with the P2P issues, and you'fe left with gear inequities.

I'm curious with regards to the matchmaking. Does it take your account reputation into the equation? So I played a lot of Warlord or Warden and I'm Reputation 8. I want to play Shugoki. Is it going to look for Repuration 8 accounts to match me with on my Level 1 Shugoki?

My opinion is that the player should select the character then the match making should match according to the level of that character rather than the account.

Kharneth88
03-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Hate to break it to you, but those guys with gear score 108 aren't beating you because of their gear, they're beating you because they know what the hell they're doing.

I've been beating gear score 108 enemies since rep0. I commend For Honor for having a skill-based game that incorporates gear. It's almost exactly like the other guy said relating it to Battlefield, or like Call of Duty. You unlock new items that give you an advantage, but it isn't hard to unlock and anyone can unlock them with relative ease. These advantages are really only useful if you're good at the game, otherwise they're not helpful at all.

Beginners, and yes, you with the mere 50 hours of gameplay, you're a beginner, will fight against rep6 GS 108 enemies not realizing his enemy has a total rep score of like 10+ and he'll be beaten and blame it all on the gear score when, in fact, the gear score was only a slight boost to his already extensive knowledge and experience of the game's mechanics and classes coupled with his skill with his character.

Kharneth88
03-02-2017, 09:36 PM
I donīt want any person to have access to an ability or improvement that not everyone has from the start.

--> even playing field.

That's boring.

Everyone has access to all of the exact same things. You just need to earn them first. Seriously, stop complaining and play the game. Every single one of us spent 3 entire reputation levels of **** gear before we got anything useful. The vast majority of us spent those levels fighting enemies who had better gear than us, but we made it through.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Yeah well and i think that gear should have no effect in any game when you have to unlock it. get rid of it ASAP. Games which are not MMORPS do not benefit from this in any way.
Not having an even playing field is just completely against the competitive spirit and there is no reason to implement this.

Tour de france, you are here for the third time.. take that bike with a motor!
Swimming? cool take some fins for donating 10k moneys.

NO. No Benefit whatsoever.

You're allowed your view. Just like vegans are allowed their view that eating meat is wrong.

But when a vegan goes into Burger King and starts telling the manager to stop serving meat, they're being an unrealistic moron that is trying to take away OTHER people's enjoyment.

Nobody forced you to buy this game and the mechanics for it were NOT hidden. They were clearly advertised.

On top of that, they even provided you modes with NO Gear advantage and a means to play the modes that HAVE gear advantage without the gear being a factor lol.

To sum it up, you want the developers to change the game to your liking.

Sorry, but that's not how the world works. Go buy something else.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 09:49 PM
that might be hard to grasp, but when two persons on the same skill level compete.. who could possibly win? I never said that i am losing to people with gearscore 108. I never said that i have a problem with playing the game as it is. i am saying that it is UNFAIR, which you can not deny.

So.. discussions arenīt allowed in a forum? Why exactly do we have it again?

What you call "unfair" is what most people refer to as advantage/disadvantage.

In a mode that is DESIGNED to have advantage/disadvantage it is no longer "unfair" it is "as designed".

Why can't you understand that?

Munktor
03-02-2017, 10:04 PM
well, apparently it is not designed well then or why do we have this amount of threads of people complaining?

and yes, an advantage IS unfair per definition. Glad you figured that part out.

Don't try and get technical with me lol, I will win that. Advantage in itself does not imply "unfair". It needs to be an UNJUST advantage. Being that both the rules and structure of the mode within the game are perfectly accessible and understandable by all parties, the game is fair / regardless of advantage gained from gear.

fair1
fer/
adjective

in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.

adverb

without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage.

Match, set, point.

Mance_Raider
03-02-2017, 10:10 PM
I would like to see a "ranked" mode but I feel like it may hurt queue times. I would honestly rather just see revenge removed from 1v1 and brawls. The revenge meter fills way WAY too fast. They could also just lower the rate at which revenge generates, and change it so that is doesn't generate in a 1v1 situation.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 10:14 PM
So. No one has an advantage as per your definition. fine.

Then explain to me why i should have this "not a disadvantage" when i decide to play my level 2 warden instead of my rep6 valk?

Because you haven't invested the time into that character yet...it's a "new" character.

I have a better question, why should people that did invest time and effort into the clearly defined and well known system for 4v4 modes NOT get the advantage of their gear because others may not have?

Especially when they already made a mode for you to play WITHOUT the gear being a factor.

Arkhos1988
03-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Honestly, we need no ranked mode, we just need a ****ing matchmaking system that actually does anything.

Hogmin
03-02-2017, 10:34 PM
You're allowed your view. Just like vegans are allowed their view that eating meat is wrong.

But when a vegan goes into Burger King and starts telling the manager to stop serving meat, they're being an unrealistic moron that is trying to take away OTHER people's enjoyment.

Nobody forced you to buy this game and the mechanics for it were NOT hidden. They were clearly advertised.

On top of that, they even provided you modes with NO Gear advantage and a means to play the modes that HAVE gear advantage without the gear being a factor lol.

To sum it up, you want the developers to change the game to your liking.

Sorry, but that's not how the world works. Go buy something else.

You don't need to try and be as condescending as possible just because you don't understand what this thread is for.

People are asking for A mode in which they can play 4v4 without gear.
They're not asking for your precious mode to be removed, just an addition.

Also: "To sum it up, you want the developers to change the game to your liking."
How in ANY way is this a negative thing? Additional modes added to the game whether you like them or not shouldn't bother you at all since you're not in any way forced to play them.

You're basically being a **** for no real reason.

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-02-2017, 10:40 PM
This is more of a matchmaking problem than anything else.
The only reason Gear is giving issues is when everyone focuses on the same stats focusing on the battle plan. Making each match a repetition of the previous one to horrendous degree. There is no Rock, Paper, Scissors. There is no switch to plan b, there is no counter measure other than using the same tactic.

Matchmaking won't be fixed so easily. It's pairing players of low lvl vs high lvl is due to lack of players on you same level so the game is force to randomly pair you up with ppl regardless of lvl. This problem is here to stay. So best one can do is stick to 1v1/2v2 and play 4v4 with AI to farm up steel and level up.

Revenge Gear IS a huge situation. Not necessarily a problem since in the long run everybody can do it. But like previously stated it will become the absolute dominant norm of 4v4 and if you're not using it you gonna get rekt. Monotony will make the population of the game drop drastically but not kill it. The 1v1/2v2 section should do just fine with proper patches etc keeping things on check. But the 4v4 part ,if nothing is done i fear it will be more like a wacky revenge fest than anything else. Whether Ubisoft is fine with this we are yet to know.

Hogmin
03-02-2017, 10:43 PM
This is more of a matchmaking problem than anything else.
The only reason Gear is giving issues is when everyone focuses on the same stats focusing on the battle plan. Making each match a repetition of the previous one to horrendous degree. There is no Rock, Paper, Scissors. There is no switch to plan b, there is no counter measure other than using the same tactic.

Matchmaking won't be fixed so easily. It's pairing players of low lvl vs high lvl is due to lack of players on you same level so the game is force to randomly pair you up with ppl regardless of lvl. This problem is here to stay. So best one can do is stick to 1v1/2v2 and play 4v4 with AI to farm up steel and level up.

Revenge Gear IS a huge situation. Not necessarily a problem since in the long run everybody can do it. But like previously stated it will become the absolute dominant norm of 4v4 and if you're not using it you gonna get rekt. Monotony will make the population of the game drop drastically but not kill it. The 1v1/2v2 section should do just fine with proper patches etc keeping things on check. But the 4v4 part ,if nothing is done i fear it will be more like a wacky revenge fest than anything else. Whether Ubisoft is fine with this we are yet to know.

While I don't disagree, I don't think this is entirely the point.

Some people just don't like the idea of gear stats, and there's no real reason to exclude them from ANY AND ALL 4v4 modes just because "deal with it" when it could easily be added.

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-02-2017, 10:59 PM
While I don't disagree, I don't think this is entirely the point.

Some people just don't like the idea of gear stats, and there's no real reason to exclude them from ANY AND ALL 4v4 modes just because "deal with it" when it could easily be added.

I'd actually like to see a 4v4 MATCHMAKING mode where gear stats are not available. Because you can do private lobbies with custom options for the game. Even turn off revenge mode.
If the community started to make a lot of private lobbies and gave it a lot of support maybe ubisoft would be more compelled to create a matchmaking with those options.
I too think that gears are making an issue but not because of their stats boosts i'm fine with character customization options and etc. but it can lead to opening very abusive traits like we are currently experiencing.
Plenty of games allow the use of gear and customization options on their matches (MOBAs) and they work just fine. Even then, when a certain stat or item or gear piece presents a high abuse or an extreme advantage something is usually done.

I am currently using a valk with low level gear and can manage up to players with purple gear level . but max 108, are a pain to deal with.

frank1ller
03-02-2017, 11:15 PM
I would like a 4v4 mode without gears. me and my friends find boring of killing every one in 2 hit...

how can we practice for ranked if we have boosted stats?

''do 2v2" whish i answer that I have friends and i want to play with them.

i dont understand why it bother people of having more mode to play...

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-02-2017, 11:34 PM
apprantly some people need artificial help to win :)

Not really.. I dont agree with your points either. You can still counter people at max gs with a character under rep 1. It really only takes knowledge of classes and mechanics. If you honestly think that its an unfair thing then i think its unfair when anyone can play a warden, conq, warlord, or shugoki.

In reality nothing is going to be 100% fair for anyone unless you are fighting the same class with the same build. Team comps matter. There are counters to each hero and many different play styles that are viable.

As for people not wanting the game mode, i agree. The devs also agree.. Skirmish and Elim are currently separate but may not stay that way. The more game modes you have the more your player base is split and the harder it becomes to find a game. Once the player count drops to a certain point if you have 10 game modes, most of those game modes are unplayable because everyone is playing something else.

Yes revenge gain is OP, but if you are playing with a premade they shouldnt be an issue for you. If all of you are just hacking away at a guy non-stop then you deserve to lose. Defensive play beats revenge. Surround him, have one guy nonstop GB him, throw him into walls for free heavies.

I have 3 R1 toons and a R5, while it may be a minor annoyance when someone has more gear im still not getting beat so bad i want to rage. I still come out of games positive. I leveled 3 extra toons so far fighting people rep 2 and up. So it can be done.

Or just go play Vs AI with your friends until you have the steel and gear your heart ever so desires.

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-02-2017, 11:39 PM
uhm, everyone can play warden conq warlord and shugoki.

I dont want to play any 4 of those, i want to play the character that i want to. I dont want to fight against them and i want a game mode without them.

You missed the point, so this post is the same argument you have but with characters instead of gear.

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-02-2017, 11:42 PM
its completely not the same argument. what the hell are you talking about?!

You get an advantage for whatever reason opposed to, you chose to play a different character. where is that similar?

Because i want to play a zerker, but anyone who plays a warden has an advantage over me.

It really is the same exact argument.

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-02-2017, 11:49 PM
omfg.. ok here is your sign.

are you physically able to play warden?

Heres your sign.

Are you physically able to get your own gear ?

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Not really.. I dont agree with your points either. You can still counter people at max gs with a character under rep 1. It really only takes knowledge of classes and mechanics. If you honestly think that its an unfair thing then i think its unfair when anyone can play a warden, conq, warlord, or shugoki.

In reality nothing is going to be 100% fair for anyone unless you are fighting the same class with the same build. Team comps matter. There are counters to each hero and many different play styles that are viable.

As for people not wanting the game mode, i agree. The devs also agree.. Skirmish and Elim are currently separate but may not stay that way. The more game modes you have the more your player base is split and the harder it becomes to find a game. Once the player count drops to a certain point if you have 10 game modes, most of those game modes are unplayable because everyone is playing something else.

Yes revenge gain is OP, but if you are playing with a premade they shouldnt be an issue for you. If all of you are just hacking away at a guy non-stop then you deserve to lose. Defensive play beats revenge. Surround him, have one guy nonstop GB him, throw him into walls for free heavies.

I have 3 R1 toons and a R5, while it may be a minor annoyance when someone has more gear im still not getting beat so bad i want to rage. I still come out of games positive. I leveled 3 extra toons so far fighting people rep 2 and up. So it can be done.

Or just go play Vs AI with your friends until you have the steel and gear your heart ever so desires.

You have a point on the "splitting the community" even still revenge builds make ganking a horrible mistake now. It's quite ironic how the the past week there were many complaints about 4v4 being a gank fest. and now that a solution was found to actually win against any gank "revenge builds" there is now an even worse case of complaints.

I never complained about the gank fest. But i do have issues with the gear abuse. Gank fest are something players can deal with proper coordination. But Revenge Gear has only 1 counter, which is itself.

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-03-2017, 12:02 AM
and thatīs why trump is president. i am removing myself from this discussion as people apparently are not able to understand what a fair game is.

You clearly dont understand what a fair game is. You have literally fought your own logic.

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-03-2017, 12:06 AM
You have a point on the "splitting the community" even still revenge builds make ganking a horrible mistake now. It's quite ironic how the the past week there were many complaints about 4v4 being a gank fest. and now that a solution was found to actually win against any gank "revenge builds" there is now an even worse case of complaints.

I never complained about the gank fest. But i do have issues with the gear abuse. Gank fest are something players can deal with proper coordination. But Revenge Gear has only 1 counter, which is itself.

If you havent seen the warriors den video i encourage you to watch it. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594194-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Feb-28th)

Defensive play can beat revenge though is my point. Most people who gang up on someone arent actually playing smart at that point, its a bunch of people swinging wild trying to get the kill. In a 2v1 situation one person should be a support. Gbing or grabbing the attention and blocking while the other strikes.

In the video though they do address that revenge is way stronger than they thought it would be and is being looked at along with many other things in the game.

frank1ller
03-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Thats not my point.

but revenge mode is a pain. theres no way you can avoid getting or giving revenge mode. aside that, gear are fine.

my second point is that i want a mode similar to 2v2 to practise the ''real'' characters with my friend

fariic
03-03-2017, 12:09 AM
You wouldn't be playing against me if matchmaking could find a match that wasn't "all skill levels".

If people got better, then matchmaking would have a pool of people to match me against. As it is, there never appears to be any; so I have to play with you guys.

Everyone hates the 1%; it's hard being me.

Munktor
03-03-2017, 12:09 AM
You don't need to try and be as condescending as possible just because you don't understand what this thread is for.

People are asking for A mode in which they can play 4v4 without gear.
They're not asking for your precious mode to be removed, just an addition.

Also: "To sum it up, you want the developers to change the game to your liking."
How in ANY way is this a negative thing? Additional modes added to the game whether you like them or not shouldn't bother you at all since you're not in any way forced to play them.

You're basically being a **** for no real reason.

Dominion is my least played mode, honestly.

DOM 4v4 with no gear is something i'm sure they'll release, it just wasn't IN release.

Better matchmaking would be a far better improvement to look into than more modes to further divide the playerbase though.

It's a negative thing because the devs vision needs to first fully be realized, tweaked and balanced with the intended design primarily. Once that has been done, then new modes and gameplay can be created. Until then, we'd just be further muddying waters with teh current cryfests.

Yes, i'm rather condescending. I agree it's not helpful, and truthfully, i'm a bit ashamed of myself that I get to that point...but with this damned forum it's really tough to stay positive in general =)

Munktor
03-03-2017, 12:18 AM
and thatīs why trump is president. i am removing myself from this discussion as people apparently are not able to understand what a fair game is.

I thought I had already illustrated to you that fair merely means "in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate."

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-03-2017, 04:17 AM
If you havent seen the warriors den video i encourage you to watch it. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594194-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Feb-28th)

Defensive play can beat revenge though is my point. Most people who gang up on someone arent actually playing smart at that point, its a bunch of people swinging wild trying to get the kill. In a 2v1 situation one person should be a support. Gbing or grabbing the attention and blocking while the other strikes.

In the video though they do address that revenge is way stronger than they thought it would be and is being looked at along with many other things in the game.

Interesting Vid. Good to know there will be constant support. Let's see where it's headed. I hope the add more balance on game mechanics and characters. REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE they give all charaters the same stance change speed.

L0f4gi
03-03-2017, 05:06 AM
Well, ppl are complaining about the GS, I just don't get why. Reaching GS 108 is not an impossible mission. I work ~60 hours a week and I've done it without paying any extra over than the preordered deluxe version. The games just has been released in 2 weeks. If you don't have time to get the GS don't complain because the others have more than you. It's not the game's fault. The GS doesn't give you that much advantage as ppl think.

Revenge mode, is it strong? I don't think so. How can you get revenge easily? When more than 1 ppl try to gank you. There was only one game when the players realized even if it's 4v1 go for the 1v1 cuz anyone can make mistakes and doesn't get the revenge that quickly.

In alpha's, beta's 4v4 were about the gangb. Ppl get wrecked so many times and they found out the solution to handle it. Don't go and try to kill someone with your other 3 friends, let them fight 1v1.

And for the topic, i agree to get ranked mode to this game. Because you could get unique items, colors, customisations anything. The hardcore players could play with that and the casuals with the normal. I hope in the future they will put some new items as well, cuz there are about 6-10 sets / character atm. I know you can build your own, with lot's of colors, signals and ect, but i'm sure a nice shoulder would be way more better.

ThePrincePipi
03-03-2017, 05:37 AM
Revenge mode, is it strong? I don't think so. How can you get revenge easily? When more than 1 ppl try to gank you. There was only one game when the players realized even if it's 4v1 go for the 1v1 cuz anyone can make mistakes and doesn't get the revenge that quickly.

Revenge is strong for fast characters (as is almost every mechanic in the game), it's absolute **** for slow characters. I main lawbringer and revenge is absolutely useless, he's too slow to do anything before being shut down by the gank, it's overwhelming.

Brunn_MgAmadd
03-03-2017, 05:50 AM
Revenge is strong for fast characters (as is almost every mechanic in the game), it's absolute **** for slow characters. I main lawbringer and revenge is absolutely useless, he's too slow to do anything before being shut down by the gank, it's overwhelming.

I main shugoki and revenge is the only way i have to deal with being ganked usualy killing them all if they are just blinly trying to get the kill. if they are smar im forced to change the situation like going for corridors and keeping more focus on that smart player who keeps trying to GB...

my point is revenge is good for all char in environments where u are likely to be ganked, without it many classes would be unplayable in 4v4

ThePrincePipi
03-03-2017, 05:59 AM
I main shugoki and revenge is the only way i have to deal with being ganked usualy killing them all if they are just blinly trying to get the kill. if they are smar im forced to change the situation like going for corridors and keeping more focus on that smart player who keeps trying to GB...

my point is revenge is good for all char in environments where u are likely to be ganked, without it many classes would be unplayable in 4v4

Well shugoki have hyper armor and hit hard. I dare you to try to fight 3-4 people in revenge with lawbringer. You try anything, YOU'RE TOO SLOW, as sonic whould say. You hit someone? Barely any damage.

Brunn_MgAmadd
03-03-2017, 06:10 AM
Well shugoki have hyper armor and hit hard. I dare you to try to fight 3-4 people in revenge with lawbringer. You try anything, YOU'RE TOO SLOW, as sonic whould say. You hit someone? Barely any damage.

u might be right in respect to lawbringer, i tried it for a while and although i love the visual its too defensive to my taste, so yeah might lack the offensive abilities to 1-2 shot ppl even with full dmg/revenge dmg gear.
such a disappointment the lawbringer to me :(

FUEGONOMICS
03-03-2017, 06:36 AM
gear has to remain relevant, they need steel sales to offset refunds :(

TitoDikkManBaby
03-03-2017, 06:56 AM
If you play enough you'll get there the games barely been out a month. Now a hardcore mode should still be implemented but not only should it have no gear stats but also remove the attack directional indicators like in realistic mode on story so you can really learn the game.

fariic
03-03-2017, 07:14 AM

I'm a Kensei with max defense and I've been two hit by lawbringers in revenger; so I know that's not true.

wethebishop
03-03-2017, 07:22 AM
They said there will be a ranked mode. Obviously it will be based on skill; there won't be any gear stats.

Hogmin
03-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Dominion is my least played mode, honestly.

DOM 4v4 with no gear is something i'm sure they'll release, it just wasn't IN release.

Better matchmaking would be a far better improvement to look into than more modes to further divide the playerbase though.

It's a negative thing because the devs vision needs to first fully be realized, tweaked and balanced with the intended design primarily. Once that has been done, then new modes and gameplay can be created. Until then, we'd just be further muddying waters with teh current cryfests.

Yes, i'm rather condescending. I agree it's not helpful, and truthfully, i'm a bit ashamed of myself that I get to that point...but with this damned forum it's really tough to stay positive in general =)

I actually agree!

but, I still think it's perfectly alright to suggest things, since, after all they do ask for feedback.

But the first and, at this stage ONLY priority should be making the game function as it's supposed to, yes. :)

whirly5
03-03-2017, 02:35 PM
I think in all games that have any form of gear/skill accrual system should provide some kind of advantage to the player with more "points/XP/nodes" filled out.

advantage is fine, but currently revenge gear is broken. they need to massively tone done the stats. I think it's ok if a max level player has like 10-20% advantage. but the revenge....