PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the incessant Revenge spam

Vasher.
03-02-2017, 02:18 PM
This isn't a flame to say "Ban Revenge", but at higher levels when gear allows for a character to stack Revenge activating stats, the amount that those characters gain Revenge is nauseating. I know that if you spam you allow for this to activate sooner, especially in 2v1 and above.

As a player that was in the Betas and on release day, I found the fights a lot more entertaining when you actually had to save your Revenge for when you needed it most. The fights in the early levels seemed more dynamic to me.

I think a good suggestion is redo the stats on the gear and or put a cooldown on using Revenge...

Thoughts?

ArlianDeBias
03-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Revenge is already well balanced in my opinion.

It seems to me that the majority of people who complain about revenge gear being overpowered are the same people who don't understand how to counter it. They are the same people who stand still and just try to block everything whenever their enemy revenges, which is the worst thing they can possibly do as it's only a matter a time before enough hits connect and they're dead.

If the majority of the community understood that attacking 2v1 isn't always a good idea, and if they understood how to deal with someone revenging (create distance, use GB, focus on parrying attacks) then I don't think revenge would be nearly as much talked about as it currently is.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 02:56 PM
I posted a thread with my thoughts on how to better balance revenge, but it falls to page 3 within minutes with all the new whine/rage threads created every 5 minutes.

Anywho, I think the best thing to do would be to change gear that provides "revenge gain" to "extend revenge duration".

Attack increased while in revenge, and defense increase while in revenge can stay. As well revenge duration obviously. Just remove revenge "gain" from gear (be it injury, defense, or attack).

Now revenge will always be gained at the same rate, in the same scenarios and situations for everyone, but if someone wants to focus on revenge as part of their build they can only increase how much damage they do, damage they reduce, or length of the revenge activation. Not how quickly they can activate it.

Kharneth88
03-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Revenge is fine, it doesn't need a cooldown. It's easy to counter. Don't forget that it is you who is giving the enemy revenge.

Learn to counter it, like you counter everything else in this game, and stop whining.

Fight with strength against weakness and weakness against strength.

massive02
03-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Ubisoft said they are already looking into making changes to revenge for the next patch.

Temjinyuy
03-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Revenge should only stack when outnumbered 1 vs 2+ situations.

To many times I've had a one on one situation were they have gain revenge and won because of it.

it should be able to work it on the system that calculates the Honorable Kills

S8Canadian
03-02-2017, 03:46 PM
hope they don't break it. It seems pretty good to me. Basically all the high prestige gear affects have same sorts of balance issues. You run into anyone going full defense attack build with revenge on top of it yet? I've done it and set it. It can be crazy in dominion with a prest 4 raider standing there getting hit with 2 or 3 guys (raider and berserk both tier3) whailing on him and landing full heavy combos and hardly moving his health down.

I'm thinking "DEFENSE" gear also needs a tweak.

I've also seen even with high defense orochi high tier 1 shot full health with bow. I'm not sure bow should EVER kill someone with full health no matter the level dif or gear.