PDA

View Full Version : Please people, be teamplayers

blixt_sweden
03-02-2017, 01:47 PM
I really do enjoy playing the 4v4 modes, but something that is starting to frustrate me more and more especially when playing dominion and skirmish are those teammates who jump into a 1v1 fight you are already winning, only to start mashing into his external block giving him instant revenge and most likely a kill or two. It really is the only reason why revenge builds seem op to people, revenge is there to give you a fighting chance when matched against several other players. Take a point, stand on a point for extra points or go help the others that are being ganked.
Also your weapon does not possess the characteristics of a ghost, so please stop hitting people in the back while in a narrow area.
Ganking is part of the game, gank all you want but please don't help the enemy team while you are doing it.

People please, be teamplayers, think before you act and have good fun playing the game!

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 02:08 PM
The thing is, it's not a 1 vs 1 fight.
You are not in a duel, or a bubble, you are in an open environment and that guy you are fighting is also your team mates enemy.
You are defining team in a way that removes the team.
'Let me 1 vs 1 in peace' is not team strategy.
You never know at what point the enemy will get backup or turn the tide of the fight and win.
You're asking your team mates to leave you to your fate, when they have a vested interest in killing that guy too.
I've saved multiple people who started to lose and thay have used the chat system to say 'Thanks!' afterwards.
In combat, I don't have time to worry about whether you are winning or not, or your desire for a 1 vs 1 experience in a team mode.
I don't have time to check your health or have the patience to come back and revive you when it turns out you weren't winning after all.
There is no kill stealing when you're a team with a common goal.
You include Skirmish but of course they can't go off and stand on a point in Skirmish, only fight enemies.

Having said that, I will always be on the opposite side of the enemy hitting him from a direction that doesn't risk my sword hitting you.

TL;DR What you call a team is not what I call a team.

ArlianDeBias
03-02-2017, 02:10 PM
I agree 100% with your post, OP.

It's beyond frustrating when your team mates are simply feeding the enemy revenge after revenge and there's nothing you can do but sit back and watch your team mates lose the game for you.

This is also a reason why I believe the majority of people who complain about revenge builds being overpowered are the same people who just spam attacks on their enemies and then don't retreat when their enemy revenges and kills them. If an enemy revenges, you back off and wait until the revenge is finished before you re-engage them, or you'll die trying to fight an unfair battle.

Cyriccube
03-02-2017, 02:14 PM
You are not in a duel, or a bubble, you are in an open environment and that guy you are fighting is also your team mates enemy.
You never know at what point the enemy will get backup or turn the tide of the fight and win.
You're asking your team mates to leave you to your fate, when they have a vested interest in killing that guy too.
I've saved multiple people who started to lose and thay have used the chat system to say 'Thanks!' afterwards.
In combat, I don't have time to worry about whether you are winning or not, or your desire for a 1 vs 1 experience in a team mode.
I don't have time to check your health or have the patience to come back and revive you when it turns out you weren't winning after all.
You include Skirmish but of course they can't go off and stand on a point in Skirmish, only fight enemies.

Having said that, I will always be on the opposite side of the enemy hitting him from a direction that doesn't risk my sword hitting you.

He's not complaining about 1v2 situations. he's talking about 2v1 situations where your teammate is just feeding the enemy revenge or helping him kill you. Which I agree to. I've descended to the point where if its not duel or brawl honor is nothing.

ArlianDeBias
03-02-2017, 02:14 PM

For someone who made such a large post, it's surprising to see that you didn't actually read the original post properly.

I believe the OP was complaining about team mates who jump in at the worst time and give revenge to your enemy by repeatedly spamming obvious heavy attacks on them. This is bad team play and they are actually making the situation worse. If your team mate is winning the fight leave them to it, if the enemy knows the basic concept of blocking you'll only make things worse by trying to attack them as well.

TL;DR: Read the post before you comment.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 03:08 PM

I enjoy most of your posts, but this one is a real stinker. Re-read the OP's post, it's not what you think based on your reply =)

Valtaya
03-02-2017, 03:40 PM

I wonder if you recognize this as "not a thread about honorable 1on1 fighs in 4on4 matches". OP asks for teamplay... and that does mean, when you go into a 2/3/4on1... help and dont smash buttons like mad.
And this teamplay is not just about entering 2on1 fights and smashing buttons like freaked out apes.

The other day I had a Shugoki bulli his way through a narrow corridor, putting me behidn him, I could not come around and he died because... well too stupid.
The other day I had another teammate, who pushed me down a ledge (happens like every 3 or 4 matches)
Like a dozen times per match I have some teammates slide down a ladder when I am climbing it up, they never watch down, slide... usualy resulting in my death. (Have to admit, this happens to me too now and then, but at least I say sorry and revive the teammate)
Also funny when you swing a heavy strike, a finisher, and a teammate interrupts you with a light, trying to "help"... which staggers you and opens you for a heavy attack by enemy and you die.
Usualy, most people have no idea about teamplay.

landzai
03-02-2017, 04:10 PM
I think the best way to engage this is if u r in a fight, and your teammate tries to help u out by hitting your opponent, the best thing u can do is try to guardbreak your enemy. Because if your guardbreak them they cannot block, n if they try to attack you they will end up eating the attacks from ur teammate. Do a longarm, shieldslam, shoulderbash, something to throw ur enemy off. You cannot change how they play their game, so change yours.

Alchemist-21-
03-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Longarm is the best team move. Makes the enemy so vulnerable to your teammates' attacks.

Last thing anyone needs is your own team's Shugoki rushing in and knocking you down during your execution and ruining it.

ThePollie
03-02-2017, 04:41 PM
If you really want to help your teammate, throw bashes at the enemy to force dodges. Guard-break them just as your teammate throws a heavy, so they are stuck in the tech and can't block or parry it.

CoffeeNTrees
03-02-2017, 04:46 PM
gotta admit, talking about gameplay, player cohesion and style in a broken *** game is kinda hilarious.

you have to see the absurdity in all of it?

Pope138
03-02-2017, 04:49 PM
gotta admit, talking about gameplay, player cohesion and style in a broken *** game is kinda hilarious.

Sorry you can't get it to work, but not everyone is having the same problems as you.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 04:54 PM

Your copy is broken? Mine works great.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 05:12 PM
My point, and I stick by it no matter what anyone says (hey I can't be perfect all of the time) is based on ...

"those teammates who jump into a 1v1 fight you are already winning"

That is where I got the idea he is talking about 1 vs 1 fights in 4 vs 4 modes ... not because I fabricated it, but because he actually said it. :p

Now if to you the most important part of the OPs post is the type of attack the team mate does, up to you.

To me the most important part is the concept of a 1 vs 1 in a 4 vs 4 and telling people they should go away and stand on a point instead of helping.

I dislike the concept of 1 vs 1 in 4 vs 4 and the assumption that you can claim an enemy as yours and yours alone that goes along with it.

Pope138
03-02-2017, 05:18 PM
My point, and I stick by it no matter what anyone says (hey I can't be perfect all of the time) is based on ...

That is where I got the idea he is talking about 1 vs 1 fights in 4 vs 4 modes ... not because I fabricated it, but because he actually said it. :p

Now if to you the most important part of the OPs post is the type of attack the team mate does, up to you.

To me the most important part is the concept of a 1 vs 1 in a 4 vs 4 and telling people they should go away and stand on a point instead of helping.

I dislike the concept of 1 vs 1 in 4 vs 4 and the assumption that you can claim an enemy as yours and yours alone that goes along with it.

He's not saying that ganking shouldn't happen, he's saying that if someone is already winning a 1v1 fight, another player rushing in and spamming attacks without thinking just feeds revenge to the opponent and could very easily turn a winning fight into a losing one. He's not saying 1v1 fight should remain 1v1, he's saying be smart and don't feed revenge.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 05:23 PM
He's not saying that ganking shouldn't happen, he's saying that if someone is already winning a 1v1 fight, another player rushing in and spamming attacks without thinking just feeds revenge to the opponent and could very easily turn a winning fight into a losing one. He's not saying 1v1 fight should remain 1v1, he's saying be smart and don't feed revenge.

Fair enough, if we are strictly talking about idiots 'helping' then yeah, they might be better off on a point somewhere, or uninstalling the game.
But if I help, and I will whether you like it or not, the enemy will die faster, that's a promise :D

Pope138
03-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Fair enough, if we are strictly talking about idiots 'helping' then yeah, they might be better off on a point somewhere, or uninstalling the game.
But if I help, and I will whether you like it or not, the enemy will die faster, that's a promise :D
Uh, ok. Awesome. If that's the case then you aren't in the group that OP is talking about and shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Uh, ok. Awesome. If that's the case then you aren't in the group that OP is talking about and shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself.

Steady on there pal.
a) I am not defending myself (nor do I have to, of course, as you said)
and b) not your place to be telling me what I can or cannot post either way.
Wind your neck in a bit.

Pope138
03-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Steady on there pal.
a) I am not defending myself (nor do I have to, of course, as you said)
and b) not your place to be telling me what I can or cannot post either way.
Wind your neck in a bit.

Not trying to take your rights away, guy. Just letting you know nobody was thinking you were a revenge feeder until you aggressively tried to convince us you weren't. No need to get upset.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Not trying to take your rights away, guy. Just letting you know nobody was thinking you were a revenge feeder until you aggressively tried to convince us you weren't. No need to get upset.

lol stop baiting for reactions you troll.

If you consider that sentence 'agressive' then you have snowflake issues I can't help you with.

Kharneth88
03-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Gray, if you see an ally successfully defeating an enemy, the question is not whether or not your assistance will help expedite the death of the enemy, but whether or not your assistance is more useful elsewhere.

If you have all 3 bases and you see an ally wrecking an enemy, by all means, go help him for that extra Takedown credit, but if your team doesn't have all of the bases than you should re-evaluate your sense of strategy. There have been occasions where I have been fighting an enemy and 2 allies have come to join me in killing him. They get in my way, they allow the enemy to pop revenge, and ultimately they are wasting resources, the resources of their own presence. In many of these situations I will break off and go elsewhere. Not because of some stupid sense of wanting to 1v1 enemies in Dominion, but of a greater strategical thinking that 3v1 is a bad idea because it means too many of our players are in a spot on the map where they shouldn't be.

If you are 3v1ing an enemy than chances are one of your allies is getting 2v1ed or 3v1ed somewhere, and if not, your enemies are off capturing bases. Point is, there are few instances where heavily outnumbering an enemy is the best tactic.

Pope138
03-02-2017, 06:00 PM
lol stop baiting for reactions you troll.

If you consider that sentence 'agressive' then you have snowflake issues I can't help you with.

Alright bro, sheesh!
I see things like "whether you like it or not" and "wind your neck in a bit" and consider them emotional reactions. I'm sorry I got it so wrong. Seriously--I APOLOGIZE. We finished now?

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Gray, if you see an ally successfully defeating an enemy, the question is not whether or not your assistance will help expedite the death of the enemy, but whether or not your assistance is more useful elsewhere.

If you have all 3 bases and you see an ally wrecking an enemy, by all means, go help him for that extra Takedown credit, but if your team doesn't have all of the bases than you should re-evaluate your sense of strategy. There have been occasions where I have been fighting an enemy and 2 allies have come to join me in killing him. They get in my way, they allow the enemy to pop revenge, and ultimately they are wasting resources, the resources of their own presence. In many of these situations I will break off and go elsewhere. Not because of some stupid sense of wanting to 1v1 enemies in Dominion, but of a greater strategical thinking that 3v1 is a bad idea because it means too many of our players are in a spot on the map where they shouldn't be.

If you are 3v1ing an enemy than chances are one of your allies is getting 2v1ed or 3v1ed somewhere, and if not, your enemies are off capturing bases. Point is, there are few instances where heavily outnumbering an enemy is the best tactic.

Yeah I guess there's a difference between 'stupid' help and 'useful' help. The original post hinted at a 'my kill, go away' attitude that I never like to see in a team game. I have probably seen too many 'don't steal my kill' posts this week or something. If we are sticking to the premise that we just don't want idiots doing stupid things that aren't needed, then of course I'm not going to argue against that, I am not completely mad (only half). It works both ways though, as I already said, I've had people thank me for helping them, more than once per game in some cases, so it's not a black and white situation. There are times when joining a 1 vs 1 is the best thing you can do. If that was assumed all along then I'm not entirely sure why we needed the post, other than to say 'hey dumb people, don't do dumb things'. Does that ever work? :D

Munktor
03-02-2017, 06:15 PM
The original post hinted at a 'my kill, go away' attitude

​No, it didn't.

Exaffect
03-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Yea, 4v4 is a mess.

Most don't seem to understand that it's really unhelpful to just mash on an enemy that's already almost dead. Then they revenge and usually kill 1 or 2 people. Those same people that die then come to the forums to cry about revenge and respond to posts like this with, "this game isn't 1v1, bro. It's teamplay".

What people really mean is, "mine, mine, mine, mine".

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 06:34 PM
The original post hinted at a 'my kill, go away' attitude

​No, it didn't.

Not going to argue with you over what my opinions are or whether I am allowed to have them or state them.

YES, IT DID. (to me)

Is size important somehow? I take it the bigger it is the more valid, right?

This is juvenile beyond belief.

Screw you and your opinion policing.

Exaffect
03-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Not going to argue with you over what my opinions are or whether I am allowed to have them or state them.

YES, IT DID. (to me)

No, it really didn't.

Pope138
03-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Literally in the original post.

Ganking is part of the game, gank all you want but please don't help the enemy team while you are doing it.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 06:51 PM

YES, IT DID. (to me)

Promise, not trying to police your opinion. I only changed the size to illustrate the reply versus the quote as I was too lazy to go back and properly quote it =)

Not sure why you refuse to admit that you made a small error and didn't really read his first post. He even has a segment where he states, "gank, gank often, it's part of the game".

He was moreso trying to illustrate that when people hit their own teammates and spam attack a guy that knows how to block, you're actually hurting // not helping.

It had NOTHING to do with 1v1's whatsoever. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of you jumping to conclusions and somehow trying to spin it like he made implications that led you to your thoughts (not that you didn't read it fully).

No hate though, go on accusing other people of being juvenile despite the fact you're doing the whole, "nuh uhhhh". Like I said the first time, I normally enjoy your posts and recognize you have some valuable things to say . I just think this board has gotten to you (like it has many others) and made you jump to the conclusion that this guy was just another one of the "1v1 me bro, no honor ***s jumping on my kills" guys.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Promise, not trying to police your opinion. I only changed the size to illustrate the reply versus the quote as I was too lazy to go back and properly quote it =)

Not sure why you refuse to admit that you made a small error and didn't really read his first post. He even has a segment where he states, "gank, gank often, it's part of the game".

He was moreso trying to illustrate that when people hit their own teammates and spam attack a guy that knows how to block, you're actually hurting // not helping.

It had NOTHING to do with 1v1's whatsoever. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of you jumping to conclusions and somehow trying to spin it like he made implications that led you to your thoughts (not that you didn't read it fully).

No hate though, go on accusing other people of being juvenile despite the fact you're doing the whole, "nuh uhhhh". Like I said the first time, I normally enjoy your posts and recognize you have some valuable things to say . I just think this board has gotten to you (like it has many others) and made you jump to the conclusion that this guy was just another one of the "1v1 me bro, no honor ***s jumping on my kills" guys.

If you read my posts, and understood them, at all, at least two of things you claim to want to see me say have been said.
Your last sentence in this post is practically something I already said.

"I have probably seen too many 'don't steal my kill' posts this week or something"

and

"If we are sticking to the premise that we just don't want idiots doing stupid things that aren't needed, then of course I'm not going to argue against that"

Pretty much covers the rest, no?

I'm not sure why you picked a few words out of the post that contained both of those sentences, but ignored those, which seem to be what you are looking for?

It's all pedantics, and it all makes it seem like my every word is far more important than it is. Do my thought processes matter this much? Are you bored or something? :D

Munktor
03-02-2017, 07:27 PM
If you read my posts, and understood them, at all, at least two of things you claim to want to see me say have been said.
Your last sentence in this post is practically something I already said.

and

Pretty much covers the rest, no?

I'm not sure why you picked a few words out of the post that contained both of those sentences, but ignored those, which seem to be what you are looking for?

It's all pedantics, and it all makes it seem like my every word is far more important than it is. Do my thought processes matter this much? Are you bored or something? :D

You're right, my bad.

yes, i'm pretty bored right now and this conversation was more interesting than the actual OP which is more of a "duh, but people will play like ***-hats no matter what so why bother?"

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 07:46 PM
You're right, my bad.

yes, i'm pretty bored right now and this conversation was more interesting than the actual OP which is more of a "duh, but people will play like ***-hats no matter what so why bother?"

lol :)

Glad to have entertained you for a bit :D