PDA

View Full Version : Another idea to encourage offensive play (short read).

spaff_meister
03-02-2017, 10:52 AM
I have read someone suggesting applying a small amount of damage to guardbreak. I didn't read the thread because it was a small essay.

What if simply more damage filtered through on a block? More so for a heavy? That might create enough incentive for players to go on the offensive.

MinaX-LorD
03-02-2017, 11:09 AM
That was my post, and the short story is this. Making a GB attempt do a small amount of damage would force people to be more offensive in close quarters, and it would also force people to pay more attention to spacing. Right now, people stand directly in your face with no fear because they know that they can easily react and block you, and they also know they can easily react to a GB and counter it.

When you get these type of people who play Warlord or Conqueror, what you get is a person who simply cannot be touched. If GB did a small amount of damage, then people would be forced to commit to either throwing their own GB or throwing out a light to counter a possible GB when in close quarters. Therefore it would be possible for either person to be punished depending on what they do. Of course this wouldn't always happen because now people would respect the spacing, but getting close to someone would open up more opportunities to punish someone, and it would make people like Warlord and Conqueror more punishable for being too defensive.

It makes no sense that getting punched in the face does zero damage, so this is a logical suggestion.

Mr_Gallows
03-02-2017, 11:58 AM
While chip damage can make fights shorter, it will not make combat more interresting because of lock on.

I'd like to see heavy attacks being harder to fully block, through a simple rework of the block mechanics which would allow parry to be purely defensive.

If block was split into half and full block, then heavy attacks could do serious chip damage against half blocks, while still allowing defence to be powerful, but not a main damage source.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1585011-Fixing-the-core-of-For-Honor

Oni_sensei
03-03-2017, 05:23 AM
While chip damage can make fights shorter, it will not make combat more interresting because of lock on.

I'd like to see heavy attacks being harder to fully block, through a simple rework of the block mechanics which would allow parry to be purely defensive.

If block was split into half and full block, then heavy attacks could do serious chip damage against half blocks, while still allowing defence to be powerful, but not a main damage source.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1585011-Fixing-the-core-of-For-Honor

Why not make all heavy attacks unblock-able, in other words parry is the only option. Block would still work for light attacks, but I think maybe it shouldn't stop a combo, much how deflect acts.

Mr_Gallows
03-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Why not make all heavy attacks unblock-able, in other words parry is the only option. Block would still work for light attacks, but I think maybe it shouldn't stop a combo, much how deflect acts.

That actually makes a lot if sense. Lol so simple and beautiful. Then they could also fix parry only to be defensive and give no free attack, since parry would be useful. I like it, simply for it's simplicity :)