PDA

View Full Version : AFK solutions

ArcaneKyle
03-02-2017, 08:03 AM
I'm not going to start whining or moaning about these AFKers...ok fine i will a little bit. I think theyre idiots. I tried this AFK thing for 3 hours and only found that i went from lvl 11-15. If you just play the damn bot game and win youll level so much faster because youll get more experience. Why bother with this....you know what on to the solutions.

1. A simple timeout feature in spawn will do. 45 seconds in and if they havent left, kick em.

2. Make an example of them. Im pretty sure you can pull up a match history of some reported people. if they're full of 0's from not doing anything on multiple toons, reset the toons. I hope they enjoy wasting their lives leaving their consoles/cpus running hot for hours for no progress. All those people who got multiple reps leaving them on (for what i assume has to be days) won't do it anymore and theyll hopefully RQ and leave it for the ppl who actually enjoy playiing.

3. A player booting system. I dont like this option because people who have bad games will just get booted by the team but desperate times seeing as im running into more AFKers than players now(on ps4)

These bastards couldnt just stick to no lives in dominion. Now they've infected my deathmatch queue as well? How long until 1v1's and 2v2's become one person bashing their head into a wall and people are getting jumped in brawls? .....now that i think about it, those matches dont even last 2 mins for quick ones. we'd never even catch those guys.

Comon UBI just use 1 or 2 (im really hoping 2)

Arreyanne
03-02-2017, 08:11 AM
If they haven't done something about this by Friday I'm done and will ask my bank to charge back the purchase.

MagicElmo
03-02-2017, 08:22 AM
They deserve to be punished for their cheekiness alone.
They could do it in 1vs1 or switch off matchmaking in Dominion and do it 24/7 without ruining the fun for anyone.
Don't think anyone would mind that, not even Ubisoft.
Another solution I saw in another thread.
Don't award XP for people below a certain point threshold, 50 maybe.

ArcaneKyle
03-02-2017, 08:53 AM
i like that solution as well...but the afkers will still riun the game ; ; i was going for a more, boot em now and torture them kinda feel lol

DemarMerka
03-02-2017, 09:16 AM
I'm not going to start whining or moaning about these AFKers...ok fine i will a little bit. I think theyre idiots. I tried this AFK thing for 3 hours and only found that i went from lvl 11-15. If you just play the damn bot game and win youll level so much faster because youll get more experience. Why bother with this....you know what on to the solutions.

1. A simple timeout feature in spawn will do. 45 seconds in and if they havent left, kick em.

2. Make an example of them. Im pretty sure you can pull up a match history of some reported people. if they're full of 0's from not doing anything on multiple toons, reset the toons. I hope they enjoy wasting their lives leaving their consoles/cpus running hot for hours for no progress. All those people who got multiple reps leaving them on (for what i assume has to be days) won't do it anymore and theyll hopefully RQ and leave it for the ppl who actually enjoy playiing.

3. A player booting system. I dont like this option because people who have bad games will just get booted by the team but desperate times seeing as im running into more AFKers than players now(on ps4)

These bastards couldnt just stick to no lives in dominion. Now they've infected my deathmatch queue as well? How long until 1v1's and 2v2's become one person bashing their head into a wall and people are getting jumped in brawls? .....now that i think about it, those matches dont even last 2 mins for quick ones. we'd never even catch those guys.

Comon UBI just use 1 or 2 (im really hoping 2)

I'll go over your ideas and then add my impute...and then add suggestions. I hope you don't mind.

1. This is exploitable, maybe not to the extent in which it is now, but I have seen them run and hide their character after getting a few points to make it look like they are not AFK boosting and then they sit the rest of the match. This would just be done on a lot less wider spread as you can't leave your system to do this. You have to actively be doing it and you might as well play.

2. Also again. If ZERO's are key to the previous issue. That can be exploited. It needs to be more accurate then that to be effective. Yeah it would catch the vast majority of them now up front and it may crack down and relive the numbers a bit. However, it needs to be something a little more explosive and then lenient then that.

3. Booting is also exploitable. It would help and then it would hurt.

*The idea here is, that you can't just implement a non-movement kick as some people are using what they can to keep their character moving the duration of the match. That won't work.

*You can't do the spawn AFK kick, as people will just relocate to AFK boost somewhere else.

*So what needs to happen is simple. Their needs to be several implementations all around.

1. Giving people XP and rewards based on total points earned each match. GW2, has a tier system reward that they do for their dynamic events. You get Bronze for X amount of points, Silver for X amount on top of that, All the way up to at least Gold and maybe even add a Platinum. In incentivizes game play by reward and that alone might do it. But...

1.5. Kills count for X amount of points and Objectives account for a separate x amount. Breaking it up, would help people to actually contribute to the match. It makes sense, because I play a Warlord main and I usually just cap and camp C in PVP and PVE. (Call it what you want.) It usually forces the opponent to come take it and I play very well holding that spot as I average 8-10 kills, with less then 3-5 deaths just holding the cap and most of the deaths come from them really throwing it in high gear. 2 and often 3 or 4 people. So imagine how much points you can earn, by actually playing Dominion, the way it was intended. Points = XP = Prizes. SO again. This may help get people actually playing by it self. If not, decrees the amount of XP given in AI matches.

3. Add the kick feature, with restriction. You get one kick per X amount of time. Regardless of whether or not the player was actually kicked and it has to be a majority vote to complete the kick. Also a player may not be kicked in what could be considered a sort of 2 min. warning. To stop people from griefing someone by kicking them out right before a game ends. 3 to 4 is a solid kick.

4. Any character left alone, anywhere on the map for more then 45 seconds. Is automatically kicked from the match and replaced with a BOT. All game modes. No XP or loot is earned and you receive a DNF strike. 3 of these DNF strikes in a 24 hour period and you receive a 1 day soft ban. Anymore then that in a month and you receive a 1 week hard ban. After that you are perm-a banned.

MagicElmo
03-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Still a kick after 45 seconds in spawn zone combined with removing the auto ready feature between matches would actually help a lot here.
It's been made too easy for them lads to do it right now.
And having people force to some activity, might actually deter quite a few from doing it.

If they only had the decency to switch of matchmaking.

DemarMerka
03-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Still a kick after 45 seconds in spawn zone combined with removing the auto ready feature between matches would actually help a lot here.
It's been made too easy for them lads to do it right now.
And having people force to some activity, might actually deter quite a few from doing it.

If they only had the decency to switch of matchmaking.

Any character left alone, anywhere on the map for more then 45 seconds.

I hadn't thought of the Auto Ready Up Feature. Add that, to what I stated above and the problem almost certainly becomes a bot hack only issue and if what they say is true...they already have that under wraps. Although, saying that out loud and talking about Ubisoft...I highly doubt that to be anywhere near close to the truth.

Also, Ubisoft doesn't have any decency what so ever. So expect this to be a problem for at least another 2 months or so...before they make any half assed attempt at it.

MasterZalm
03-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Auto ready and auto character select should be removed. If you dont ready up in 1.30 you get removed to menu. If you dont select hero in 1.30, you get removed to menu. Afk solution.

ArcaneKyle
03-02-2017, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=DemarMerka;12394834]I'll go over your ideas and then add my impute...and then add suggestions. I hope you don't mind.

Pshaw. I'm glad youre giving your honest opinions on the topic. This affects all of us and thats what a forum is for, active discussion. So Discuss and suggest away. XD