PDA

View Full Version : Pls remove quit to desktop

Acalson
03-02-2017, 04:17 AM
The "Exit to desktop" button is super annoying. If i hit space bar and enter it automatically exits the game for me instead of leaving the lobby like it used to. Pls remove that its broken

TarunaMeow
03-02-2017, 05:57 AM
The "Exit to desktop" button is super annoying. If i hit space bar and enter it automatically exits the game for me instead of leaving the lobby like it used to. Pls remove that its broken

This^ I literally just almost quit out of the game myself, very used to quitting to world map after game finishes if going for different matches.

WoIfbrigade
03-02-2017, 07:05 AM
waaaaahhh please remove a button because I can't pay attention to what i'm doing. .waaaaaah

Hammelsneid
03-02-2017, 01:45 PM
I literally kicked myself out several times since the button is there since the patch. When you play a lot (what I do) you learn what to press to get through the (many many) menus without everytime reading the freakin texts. I have no idea how much matches I've played until today, but let it be a several hundrets since release. You got your routine how to exit the old match and start a new one. Changing such elements is not really what I understand about a good UI design (well, there are some worse major design flaws, but thats not the point here). Was there a rant or ****storm about the lack of this menu option anywhere? I don't think so. So why put it in there to mess up the habits of players? I have not a clue. So what I need to do now is get used to that change until the day they add something new to this page and I mess up my flow again. An absolutely unnecessary and incomprehensible choice imho. Anything I see wrong?

Edit: And now add the time to invite a friend again into your group after accidentally exiting the whole game and restarting it all over. I play every minute in group. Believe me, it's a pain in the butt sometimes when the invite system decides that you can't form a group anymore, then the other person got to invite you, then you get kicked out of the game, then your friend cant invite anymore, so it's your turn again, wich works.. omg, sometimes we all are just raging in teamspeak lol.

Initiii
03-02-2017, 02:11 PM
The button should stay there. Never klicked it when i did not wanted to.

Hammelsneid
03-02-2017, 02:38 PM
How often did you click it because you wanted to? Is it so awful more effort to go back to main menu to exit the game or just hit Alt+F4? Just asking..

ZEONesp
03-02-2017, 02:44 PM
You guys are thinking on muouse and keyboard but people who uses controllers are most susceptible of that mistake.

Im agree to remove or put it not next to "exit to the menu" button, while using controller you often memorize the clicks and movements and do everything fast witout reading everything etc.

Sicne both buttons are next to each other is easy to missclick and go to the desktop.

Isnt a drama guys, just redo that to avoid mistakes.

Hammelsneid
03-02-2017, 02:47 PM
You guys are thinking on muouse and keyboard but people who uses controllers are most susceptible of that mistake.

Im agree to remove or put it not next to "exit to the menu" button, while using controller you often memorize the clicks and movements and do everything fast witout reading everything etc.

Sicne both buttons are next to each other is easy to missclick and go to the desktop.

Isnt a drama guys, just redo that to avoid mistakes.

hm, yeah, didnt think about the keyboard mouse users.. for them it's mybe not that bad as for us, the controller users.

GewaltSam
03-02-2017, 02:51 PM
And I thought I was the only one... "Up, A, out to the world map" was my usual way of getting out of a lobby, now I find myself on the desktop. I'm adaptable and will get used to this (probably I already have), but I dropped myself on the desktop by mistake at least three times yesterday :)

Hammelsneid
03-02-2017, 02:55 PM
And I thought I was the only one... "Up, A, out to the world map" was my usual way of getting out of a lobby, now I find myself on the desktop. I'm adaptable and will get used to this (probably I already have), but I dropped myself on the desktop by mistake at least three times yesterday :)

Three times? Lucky you.. i managed to kick myself to the desktop about 7 or 8 times.. my friend was crying while laughing, because I was the group leader, so he did not have to click to exit to the main screen..