PDA

View Full Version : Let's see some statistics...

Ryumanjisen
03-02-2017, 12:37 AM
After I got some decent MMR (I don't consider my self a TOP player, still needs to work on my reactions... but I'm decent enough) I started to see more and more Wardens in my 1v1 duels. So I decided to take note of my rivals during my very next 50 opponents.

And these are the results. Bear in mind that every one of these duels were against different players and only in the 1v1 mode.

Number of Duels: 50
Duels against Wardens: 16
Ragequits (quitting just before they lose the match): 16 (curious fact: 8 of these ragequits were made by Warden players)

So, practically 30% of characters you see in high level play, according to my experience, are Wardens. I'd say this game is not balanced enough... but that's just my opinion. And, of course, Ubisoft NEEDS to do something about leavers.

PackingMoney
03-02-2017, 12:43 AM
After I got some decent MMR (I don't consider my self a TOP player, still needs to work on my reactions... but I'm decent enough) I started to see more and more Wardens in my 1v1 duels. So I decided to take note of my rivals during my very next 50 opponents.

And these are the results. Bear in mind that every one of these duels were against different players and only in the 1v1 mode.

Number of Duels: 50
Duels against Wardens: 16
Ragequits (quitting just before they lose the match): 16 (curious fact: 8 of these ragequits were made by Warden players)

So, practically 30% of characters you see in high level play, according to my experience, are Wardens. I'd say this game is not balanced enough... but that's just my opinion. And, of course, Ubisoft NEEDS to do something about leavers.

Thats YOUR experience though, not everyone at high level plays warden.

Ryumanjisen
03-02-2017, 12:54 AM
Thats YOUR experience though, not everyone at high level plays warden.

I know it's my experience, I state it in my post. And I'm not saying everyone at high level plays warden. If you extrapolate these numbers (I know it's not precisely accurate, but bear with me for the sake of statistics), you'll find that 30% of the high level players play Warden. In any fighting game, that's a good sign to spot an unbalanced character.

SerArthur-Dayne
03-02-2017, 01:04 AM
I know it's my experience, I state it in my post. And I'm not saying everyone at high level plays warden. If you extrapolate these numbers (I know it's not precisely accurate, but bear with me for the sake of statistics), you'll find that 30% of the high level players play Warden. In any fighting game, that's a good sign to spot an unbalanced character.

One piece of your anecdotal evidence isnt enough to go nerf those wardens!

Sorry man, but it seems like total feminist resoning to me. Seems like the same reasoning thats applied to the "wagegap"

Disparity does not always (and often dosent) mean imbalance/inequity. Just because Warden/orochi/PK etc.. is a popular class, it does not automatically mean imbalance. Often in a game like this, people pick a class they percieve to be "cool" for them. And then they get good at it.

Obviously a knight with a greatsword or a swordmaster with a samurai sword with throwing knives is going to be more popular than a chronically obese dude with a club etc...

If you go around nerfing all of the classes based solely on pickrate, youll end up creating imbalance based off of a fairly meaningless statistic.

They should just leave the game settle for a few weeks till people get good and learn classes/counters. And then look for any classes with a notable losing % and consider ways to bring that up to the rest of the pack.

Potato_6
03-02-2017, 01:31 AM
One piece of your anecdotal evidence isnt enough to go nerf those wardens!

Sorry man, but it seems like total feminist resoning to me. Seems like the same reasoning thats applied to the "wagegap"

Disparity does not always (and often dosent) mean imbalance/inequity. Just because Warden/orochi/PK etc.. is a popular class, it does not automatically mean imbalance. Often in a game like this, people pick a class they percieve to be "cool" for them. And then they get good at it.

Obviously a knight with a greatsword or a swordmaster with a samurai sword with throwing knives is going to be more popular than a chronically obese dude with a club etc...

If you go around nerfing all of the classes based solely on pickrate, youll end up creating imbalance based off of a fairly meaningless statistic.

They should just leave the game settle for a few weeks till people get good and learn classes/counters. And then look for any classes with a notable losing % and consider ways to bring that up to the rest of the pack.

Well they did that with the last patch and just made strong classes stronger. I am no expert at this game, but the trend of speedy classes dominating in PvP is no accident.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 01:36 AM

They mentioned this is the patch notes and it's the reason they buffed the Valkyrie.
She was losing all the time.
It seems they are well aware of win / loss % per class and will adjust accordingly if anyone is getting relentlessly slaughtered.