PDA

View Full Version : Leveling a new class in gear-PvP is basicly suicide.

Mothsinger
03-02-2017, 12:31 AM
The impact of gear stats is so immense, it doesn't make any sense to level a new character in dominion or elimination PvP with a gearscore of... well, under 80 pretty much.
It simply does too much of a difference what stuff you're wearing, especially everything around revenge build and damage. This whole system is anything but fair.

With a maxed out bar of a stat, it should buff the stat by a maximum of 10-15%, not double it's potential.

Why is it so hard to figure unbalance like this out and fix it? You had so much time, devs.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 01:14 AM
I think gear is mostly fine apart from revenge builds being so strong. It's pretty much all anyone builds for, which speaks for itself. When there's only one clear build, you know there's a problem.

I heard Ubi are aware of this though as they mentioned it in a stream a couple days ago, but who knows how long before we see some tweaks.

kidico
03-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Absolutely ridiculous they have like 60 prestige. Everyone's going to quit by the time they have one char reach prestige 3 at the rate this game is going due to connectivity issues and garbage balance.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 01:22 AM
I don't agree with under 80, you can do fine in blue gear and I have 3 characters who hold their own no problem and their gear is around 40.
Less than that I do agree.
My tactic is just to use PvE to level characters up to at least Rep 1 first.
There are usually mutlipe AI contracts and these go to my current levelling up projects, while the PvP orders get done by my already levelled up guys.
It's not a bad workaround.