PDA

View Full Version : This game is just about GB ?

Jetoslash
03-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Gb hit gb hit gb hit gb push gb hit gb you fall gb hit gb
Gb hit gb hit gb hit gb push gb hit gb you fall gb hit gb gb

I mean you just can't ****igg put a CD on this **** ? I played this game til release and so far this game is just about this GB ? Or make it avaible only after a block, or a missed attack.. DO SOMETHING PLEASE

How can you spend years on develloping a game that is turn out to be summed up in .. GB ?

JeeNiNe
03-02-2017, 12:28 AM
maybe you should try to get timing for the counter GB down, if putting music helps why not

KingTheokoles
03-02-2017, 12:29 AM
maybe you should try to get timing for the counter GB down, if putting music helps why not

you know its currently awful and broken and theyre changing it in the next patch right?

ZEONesp
03-02-2017, 12:35 AM
you know its currently awful and broken and theyre changing it in the next patch right?

You mean they are making it easier for scrubs right? I had to work out my timing and now I counter 7/10 GB but that requires times and practice.

Blackhalo636
03-02-2017, 12:35 AM
I'm pretty decent at CGB but I do struggle time to time with a PS4 controller when I'm using the stick to block etc..

When I played the beta on the PC with Keyboard and Mouse it was mucuuuuch easier when I remapped the key.

I think a cooldown timer on it a solid idea that I wouldn't mind seeing in the future though.

ZEONesp
03-02-2017, 12:42 AM
I'm pretty decent at CGB but I do struggle time to time with a PS4 controller when I'm using the stick to block etc..

When I played the beta on the PC with Keyboard and Mouse it was mucuuuuch easier when I remapped the key.

I think a cooldown timer on it a solid idea that I wouldn't mind seeing in the future though.

I had the same problem with my xbox controller, I never used a pad so...just imagine, i didnt understand how can I press X with the same finger if I have to move the stick to block xD

But I get used after 3 hours practicing with the bot and finally get it...however, i ahve some troubles with faster heroes.

PathlessMoss
03-02-2017, 12:48 AM
I would love to fight someone like the OP described...It would be the easiest win in the world.

Oh by the way, light attack also counters guard break.

malazansapper
03-02-2017, 12:53 AM

the guard break counter is broken. not reliable. read the upcoming patch notes. ubisoft themselves already stated it does not work as intended. practice will not work until it is fixed.

malazansapper
03-02-2017, 12:56 AM
I would love to fight someone like the OP described...It would be the easiest win in the world.

Oh by the way, light attack also counters guard break.

that would be wonderful if it was true but its still buggy and i have been grabbed way too many times while in the middle of attacking.

Sirrkas
03-02-2017, 01:03 AM
the guard break counter is broken. not reliable. read the upcoming patch notes. ubisoft themselves already stated it does not work as intended. practice will not work until it is fixed.

You mean that patch?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1592940-Patch-Notes-(v1-03)

I haven't noticed any difference in GB and GBC yet and I am pretty sure, we are playing on that patch now, since PK can deal bleeding with all 3 stabs now.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 01:18 AM
GB is literally a non-issue in high level play. It's nearly impossible to GB competent opponents. They just fixed the problem where you couldn't counter GB if you both went for a GB at the same time, so this is now just a L2P issue.

malazansapper
03-02-2017, 01:55 AM
You mean that patch?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1592940-Patch-Notes-(v1-03)

I haven't noticed any difference in GB and GBC yet and I am pretty sure, we are playing on that patch now, since PK can deal bleeding with all 3 stabs now.

did you read ALL notes? pc is patched NOT consoles. game version is currently v1.02 on console. you can check by looking at update history. the notes you linked even says pc will be patched tomorrow NOT consoles until sony and microsoft say okay. ubisoft does not even currently have a date to give us for the console patch.

malazansapper
03-02-2017, 01:59 AM
GB is literally a non-issue in high level play. It's nearly impossible to GB competent opponents. They just fixed the problem where you couldn't counter GB if you both went for a GB at the same time, so this is now just a L2P issue.

again, this has not been fixed on console. the patch notes clearly state in bold letters. so now this is a L2R issue.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 02:22 AM
again, this has not been fixed on console. the patch notes clearly state in bold letters. so now this is a L2R issue.

Yeah you have to wait for Sony & MS to approve the patch first on consoles, sucks the process takes so long.

In saying that, the patch only addresses the issue where BOTH players go for a GB, making the slower player unable to counter. Other than that particular situation, GBs can still be reliably countered.

ThePrincePipi
03-02-2017, 02:26 AM
I'm never able to counter guardbreak, it never works, at all, even if I press X at lighting speed it's not enough, so I get cheesed by the strong hitting classes like Orochi .

CarnivalLaw
03-02-2017, 02:30 AM
You mean they are making it easier for scrubs right? I had to work out my timing and now I counter 7/10 GB but that requires times and practice.
Idiot. Not scrubs, casuals. And without casuals, this game dies in two months, tops.

malazansapper
03-02-2017, 03:41 AM
Yeah you have to wait for Sony & MS to approve the patch first on consoles, sucks the process takes so long.

In saying that, the patch only addresses the issue where BOTH players go for a GB, making the slower player unable to counter. Other than that particular situation, GBs can still be reliably countered.

it is not reliable using P2P. it does not work the same for all players. we all have different isp

feuerundblut
03-02-2017, 04:25 AM
Sorry but as it happens, if you ran into me these past few days, I was just practicing the 3 stabs on my peacekeeper because I really suck at it. So it might have looked like spamming. But I can play differently on normal days. Promised.

Sirrkas
03-02-2017, 09:42 PM
did you read ALL notes? pc is patched NOT consoles. game version is currently v1.02 on console. you can check by looking at update history. the notes you linked even says pc will be patched tomorrow NOT consoles until sony and microsoft say okay. ubisoft does not even currently have a date to give us for the console patch.

Yes, I am aware it is not on consoles now. But I can't see any difference from now to the earlier patch, regarding counterguardbreaking. I still use the same timing and are able to counter most gb, that come from the opponent, I am focused on.

Arkhos1988
03-02-2017, 10:42 PM
There are Guardbreaks which show the symbol but you actualy have to gb into there gb before the sign shows, others(warlord,conqueror....) have gb which you can't counter, so yes this game is all about gb.

Sirrkas
03-02-2017, 11:25 PM
There are Guardbreaks which show the symbol but you actualy have to gb into there gb before the sign shows, others(warlord,conqueror....) have gb which you can't counter, so yes this game is all about gb.

Are you sure about that part about conqueror?

http://plays.tv/s/LAXQrkbZHdMq

ifatronic
05-03-2017, 01:54 AM
when practicing against A.I is there any way to code the A.i in game to perform certain moves (guard blocks in this case), since i find the game so comparable to fighting games (where this is a common feature i struggle to understand why A.I customisation wasn't implemented to help when practicing specific moves

UbiJurassic
05-03-2017, 02:34 AM
when practicing against A.I is there any way to code the A.i in game to perform certain moves (guard blocks in this case), since i find the game so comparable to fighting games (where this is a common feature i struggle to understand why A.I customisation wasn't implemented to help when practicing specific moves

We don't have that customization for AI behaviors in customs, but if you do the advanced tutorial there is a segment that practices counter-guardbreaks. The AI there will repeatedly guardbreak you until you decide to move to the next segment.

xLeapingLizardx
05-03-2017, 03:56 AM
After much practice, I can counter guard break most of the time.. Basically the only time they get me is when they gb while I dash or they unexpectedly gb me after feinting.
But when I first started, I thought mastering the timing of the counter gb was going to be impossible.

Still the best thing is when you know an enemy who likes to gb and throw people off. Just go up to him and light over and over, you may be shocked of how many times they will attempt to guard break while you keep smacking them with the light..

Another thing is learning to predict when most characters gb. This is a big one to me, a lot of people play a character the same way.
LB shoves you, he will most likely try to gb (now he also has the option to light)
Orochi hits you with a storm rush (I believe it is called) they are likely going to gb after it or do the double top lights and then guardbreak (they literally do that 98% of the time)
If a berserker is a feint>gb lover then expect it, for the remainder of the fight, to think you are about to block an attack for him to feint and gb.
If you are out of stamina be prepared to counter guard break.
If you are near a ledge prepare to counter guardbreak.

It is probably one of the best ways I counter gb is through predicting it. You can either read your specific opponent and the way they like to fight and when they like to throw in gb. Or you can read your situation or the character you are up against and when that character usually likes to gb.