PDA

View Full Version : How to counter Nobushi as a Warlord?

iBladeRune
03-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Im having so much trouble playing against good Nobushi players, it's starting to annoy me. Not even the good Warden or Peacekeeper players give me as much trouble as a Nobushi. I try to parry, but she's usually not in range for a decent follow up. I try to defend myself, but the attacks are so damn fast I get confused, and that kick guarantees a follow up attack. I mean, Im just quitting the damn game when I see a good Nobushi player.

Peligrad
03-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Nobushi is pretty oppressive against characters who don't have good mobility and fast light attacks.

One thing a Warlord does have is uninterruptable heavy attacks.

So you at least have a good way to consistently get through her light attack spam to deal damage. That's more than what say conqueror has against nobushi.

Try to guard match her when you are out of your range. Dodge around a lot and then when you've lulled her into no reacting to your dodges throw a headbutt in.

I do this kind of thing as Conqueror (I admittedly don't play Warlord so I'm just carrying over what I do as Conq).

If I dodge around a lot and get her to waste some stamina then I can then get in on her when her stamina is low.

A lot of times once you get her stamina low you can just spam your headbutt (I use shield slam) + light and keep her out of stamina indefinitely.

If she's good enough where she dodges well, then you can fake your techs and go for GBs.

I usually try to get Nobushi up against a wall or near an environmental hazard and kill her that way. I typically will try to not engage a nobushi if she has a lot of open space to play with. She's just my counter match-up. To an extent you just have to accept that and only fight her when the terrain evens the odds.

ShadowFetus
03-01-2017, 10:08 PM
You can dodge the kick, so it isn't a guaranteed follow-up. Dodge back or you can Dodge to the side and get a nice GB on her

kidico
03-01-2017, 10:12 PM
It's annoying since they out-range you so generally you're going to have to block or parry a few attacks before you can safely get in range to attack. Also the kick can be sidestepped.

iBladeRune
03-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the advices guys. Since I live in Brazil, it's pretty common to find the same opponent with frequency. I just won 2 games against the best Nobushi player Ive seen so far. I admit I played like a ******bag, attempting to throw him out of the map (succesfully lol) and all that. But who cares, I play to win. I found out that trading blows with her using the leap works very well for me, and following up with a headbutt with a light combo, then a feint into a guardbreak and heavy. Very though fights indeed the ones I won without the evironment. Im still not satisfied though, Ill keep training!