PDA

View Full Version : Need Dev answer on AFK people

KingRyuShin
03-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Ok so I saw a post about a developper saying to report those people for griefing in the game and that matter will then be taken.
Is there a way to actually report them faster ? Because I got screenshot and video proof of people doing it.

Will their account be reset or banned ?
We need an actual answer on what will happen because at this moment we get these kind of people in almost every game on dominion vs AI.

Potato_6
03-01-2017, 08:51 PM
you've paid. they don't care

KingRyuShin
03-01-2017, 08:53 PM
you've paid. they don't care

It is not because you have paid something that you can actually do what you want.
This is a multiplayer game and the fun of everyone as to be involved.

FredEx919
03-01-2017, 09:06 PM
You can send in anything you have through the support site (link below). As far as the outcome, that's not really something we share outside of with the player affected by the report. In regards to actions taken from a development side, that's something we'll update everyone on as the info becomes available. I don't have anything new at the moment.

Report A Player
(https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/)

KingRyuShin
03-01-2017, 09:18 PM
You can send in anything you have through the support site (link below). As far as the outcome, that's not really something we share outside of with the player affected by the report. In regards to actions taken from a development side, that's something we'll update everyone on as the info becomes available. I don't have anything new at the moment.

Report A Player
(https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/)

Thanks you for the information, I will send all evidence I have.

The_Quieter
03-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Thanks you for the information, I will send all evidence I have.

You will largely waste your time using an archaic reporting system that will ultimately result in people getting a slap on the wrist while the company whines about not wanting to punish people in any meaningful way or in anything resembling a timely fashion.

The fact that you are seeing people do this AFK thing is the result of them being completely unconcerned about any sort of timely or meaningful punishment. The fact that you are seeing it on such a rampant scale is even further proof of that.

They. Do. Not. Care. If they did care, you would see one AFK person in a blue moon, not all the time.

KingRyuShin
03-01-2017, 09:30 PM
You will largely waste your time using an archaic reporting system that will ultimately result in people getting a slap on the wrist while the company whines about not wanting to punish people in any meaningful way or in anything resembling a timely fashion.

The fact that you are seeing people do this AFK thing is the result of them being completely unconcerned about any sort of timely or meaningful punishment. The fact that you are seeing it on such a rampant scale is even further proof of that.

They. Do. Not. Care. If they did care, you would see one AFK person in a blue moon, not all the time.

There is an Anti-AFK system in-game. But the fact that they run in circle prevent them to be kicked from the game.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 09:44 PM

Report A Player

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your reply.

I've been trying to get an answer for this for a while now, but to no avail:

What is Ubisofts stance towards this?

The Code of Conduct only mentions botting / scripting as a violation, but there is nothing that actually says you can't afk.

Is there any way we can get a definite answer in which is clear that either Ubisoft think's that AFK is a violation of terms of service, or that Ubisoft think's this is an overlook on their side which they will patch sooner or later preventing people from being able to stay afk?

Really wish we could get an official statement regarding this.

RatedChaotic
03-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Hi Fred,

Thank you for your reply.

I've been trying to get an answer for this for a while now, but to no avail:

What is Ubisofts stance towards this?

The Code of Conduct only mentions botting / scripting as a violation, but there is nothing that actually says you can't afk.

Is there any way we can get a definite answer in which is clear that either Ubisoft think's that AFK is a violation of terms of service, or that Ubisoft think's this is an overlook on their side which they will patch sooner or later preventing people from being able to stay afk?

Really wish we could get an official statement regarding this.

Use common sense. Do you think its right or wrong? If you have any understanding of the word "Integrity". I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out yourself.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Use common sense. Do you think its right or wrong? If you have any understanding of the word "Integrity". I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out yourself.

I couldn't care less if it's right, wrong, nor if it melts the polar icecaps and drowns the baby bears, my question is if it's against Ubisofts Code of Conduct or not.

Zerxis001
03-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Not sure I agree. The number seems to have diminished fairly significantly the last few days. More likely from some being fearful of a potential ban than actual bans. I live in a time zone where'd you'd expect to see it a lot more - definitely a decrease last night and Monday night over last week.

RatedChaotic
03-01-2017, 10:06 PM
I suggest you read the Code of Conduct in the ToS more closely next time.

It clearly states...Doing anything that disrupts other players gameplay or using game design errors. Is against the ToS. This could easily fall into either category.

They are using a rubber band to mess with the games design or features. Therefore its against the ToS.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:13 PM
I suggest you read the Code of Conduct in the ToS more closely next time.

I did, here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct-Forums

and then here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025938/

And there is not a single line of text within the CoC that classifies simply being AFK as a violation.

Botting / scripting - yes, being AFK - no.

That is why it's very important to get a statement from the officials regarding this, because why wouldn't people do it if if the game allows it and there is nothing in terms of service that prohibits it?

Apart from some delusional and subjective fantasies of morality.

edit:

"Doing anything that disrupts other players gameplay or using game design errors. Is against the ToS. This could easily fall into either category."

Rubbish, the concept of AFK is a core concept as old as gaming itself, sometimes you need to get up and leave, take a phone call, answer the door, it really doesn't matter, if you are stating that being AFK is "distrupting other players gameplay" , than eating a piece of pie while gaming should be punishable by criminal law becaue it prevents you from giving 100% imput thus disrupting the gameflow, lol, your statement is laughable, every single game has AFK players, the problem is not the players to begin with, the problem is lack of coding against staying afk, a simple no score - no rewards implementation would immediately solve the issue, this is so very clearly neither is the players fault nor their problem, and that's why I'm saying that we can debate if its wrong or right untill the cows come how, but only Ubisoft officials can put the argument to rest by releasing a clear statement on do they think that it's ok to do or everyone should cease and desist immediately.

The only reason I can come up with why they haven't on the very first day this became a problem, is that they either still haven't decided themselves, or they don't think this is a player issue to begin with and are working on a patch rather than play prosecution

RatedChaotic
03-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Lmao....Omg man. Just do it then and see what happens....

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Lmao....Omg man. Just do it then and see what happens....

I really don't see why not, there's nothing officialy stating it's illegal

TheRealNichivo
03-01-2017, 10:25 PM
I couldn't care less if it's right, wrong, nor if it melts the polar icecaps and drowns the baby bears, my question is if it's against Ubisofts Code of Conduct or not.

It's actually covered by Ubisoft's Terms of Service, in section 3.2. I imagine it is also covered in the games ToS, as well as xbox or psn ToS. They sometimes seem like they are worded rather vague, but that is by design. If you really do not understand the ToS and wish to change that. You could always take an intro class on Contract Law. It may prove to be very enlightening.

Short answer... Yes!

Relax, I am sure an Ubi rep, will be right along to say the same thing.

also under the CoC .... clear as day.

Exploitation of any new or known glitches or bugs which provide an unfair advantage over other players is forbidden and may result in character stats and progression resets, account suspension or revocation.

Hell just read that entire page it's actually covered 2 more times in the Disciplinary Policy section under examples.

Below are examples of behavior that could lead to your account being banned from playing online or restricting your access in other ways from the game:

Cheating / Modding / Hacking: Player is running a modified or otherwise unauthorized version of the game client or a third party software providing an unfair advantage (wallhacks, aimhacks…) or causing detriment to other players’ experience:
- Maximum penalty is permanent ban.
Offensive Language or Behavior / Threats: Posting or publishing (public forums, private chats or VOIP) any language or content that is in violation of this Code of Conduct
First offense: warning
Second offense: temporary suspension
Multiple offenses: forum account ban
Harassment: Harassing or serious bullying other players via verbal or written communications in and outside the game (public forum, private chats or VOIP)
First offense: warning
Second offense: temporary suspension
Multiple offenses: permanent ban
Exploiting: Triggering and using a bug or glitch, or bypassing established game rules by to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.
First offense: character reset
Second offense: character reset and temporary suspension
Extent of a character reset will be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis
Duration of a suspension will be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis
Actual disciplinary action may differ from the list of examples depending on the severity of the behavior and shall be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis

Do you need me to point out the 2 that apply?

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:29 PM
It's actually covered by Ubisoft's Terms of Service, in section 3.2. I imagine it is also covered in the games ToS, as well as xbox or psn ToS. They sometimes seem like they are worded rather vague, but that is by design. If you really do not understand the ToS and wish to change that. You could always take an intro class on Contract Law. It may prove to be very enlightening.

Short answer... Yes!

Relax, I am sure an Ubi rep, will be right along to say the same thing.

Yes, "law" is what my masters degree has written on it, that's why I , unlike majority of people here, took my time to go over the available Code of Conduct, and didn't find a single line remotely describin the issue, that's why I've been asking on several different threads for an official response, because as I said, the only reason why developers haven't commented on this on day one - must be that they don't think it's a player issue to begin with, but rather a coding issue which they are probably working to fix on rather than procecuting players whom if you ask the Code of Conduct - are doing nothing wrong.

"Relax, I am sure an Ubi rep, will be right along to say the same thing."

I wish, I've been asking every day for one and a half week without replies

RatedChaotic
Any conduct that interfers with the general flow of gameplay ect ect.... Its in your link find it. I did. It can easily go into that category.....Nice try....

AveImperator85
It's not about simply "going afk." There's nothing wrong with going AFK, nobody is advocating that.

The problem is that people are intentionally circumventing the anti-AFK measures to get rewards while being AFK in an infinite loop. In a vacuum, nobody cares, but they're not in a vacuum, they are negatively impacting other players. It's the intentional dodging of anti-AFK measures that is the problem here.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:36 PM
It's not about simply "going afk." There's nothing wrong with going AFK, nobody is advocating that.

The problem is that people are intentionally circumventing the anti-AFK measures to get rewards while being AFK in an infinite loop. In a vacuum, nobody cares, but they're not in a vacuum, they are negatively impacting other players. It's the intentional dodging of anti-AFK measures that is the problem here.

Again, rubbish, because you can't even prove that the person is afk to begin with, if somebody choses to stay woke 16 hours with a single button pressed down because that's the way he or she want's to play the game do they still deserves a ban?

I'm being quite serious here, how are you gonna proove that somebody i afk?

Running in circles for 16 horus straight is not necesaraly a sign of somebody being afk.

If you ever played League of Legends, players use to stay AFK out of spite if they didn't like their team mates or to be d*cks in general, being a d*ck is not a banable offence, being AFK - IS NOT, a banable offence, it simply can't be, it's not a part of ToS for very obvious reasons

You may think I'm being outlandish here, but I'm simply blowing holes through the gaps in your narrative, as this is very clearly not a player issue.

Zerxis001
03-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Yes, "law" is what my masters degree has written on it, that's why I , unlike majority of people here, took my time to go over the available Code of Conduct, and didn't find a single line remotely describin the issue, that's why I've been asking on several different threads for an official response, because as I said, the only reason why developers haven't commented on this on day one - must be that they don't think it's a player issue to begin with, but rather a coding issue which they are probably working to fix on rather than procecuting players whom if you ask the Code of Conduct - are doing nothing wrong.

Gotta call bs on you here bro. In another thread you basically post the same set of arguements about this topic and then have an exchange (you respond to him in the same thread) with a Ubisoft employee who does respond in the thread. Seems like a strange mistake for someone with a Masters in Law to make...

Peace out :)

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Gotta call bs on you here bro. In another thread you basically post the same set of arguements about this topic and then have an exchange (you respond to him in the same thread) with a Ubisoft employee who does respond in the thread. Seems like a strange mistake for someone with a Masters in Law to make...

Peace out :)

Ubisoft employee quite litteraly said :

"Here's the link to code of conduct, read it" (not an actuall "yes, it's illegal / no, it's not legal" type of answer is it?)

I asked them to clarify, but got no response.

So I did proceed to read the code of conduct which didn't say anything about AFK'ing, now what?

awolcz
03-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Again, rubbish, because you can't even prove that the person is afk to begin with, if somebody choses to stay woke 16 hours with a single button pressed down because that's the way he or she want's to play the game do they still deserves a ban?

Running in circles for 16 horus straight is not necesaraly a sign of somebody being afk.

If you ever played League of Legends, players use to stay AFK out of spite if they didn't like their team mates or to be d*cks in general, being a d*ck is not a banable offence, being AFK - IS NOT, a banable offence, it simply can't be, it's not a part of ToS for very obvious reasons

You may think I'm being outlandish here, but I'm simply blowing holes through the gaps in your narrative, as this is very clearly not a player issue.

People like you make me sick. You can not gain XP by regular play, therefore you have to cheat and then trying to argue like "Yes, I do cheat, but you can not prove it, so it is ok to cheat". What about playing fair? No?

RatedChaotic
03-01-2017, 10:42 PM
See my previous post....I pointed right out for you. Lmao.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 10:43 PM
People like you make me sick. You can not gain XP by regular play, therefore you have to cheat and then trying to argue like "Yes, I do cheat, but you can not prove it, so it is ok to cheat". What about playing fair? No?

They don't care, man. These are the same kind of people who threatened to SUE Blizzard when they got banned for cheating at Overwatch. They think they have the right to do whatever they want without consequences because they paid for a copy of the game.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:43 PM

I've stated before, that your virtue signaling morality fantasies mean nothing to me, my question is "is it against the rules, yes or no?" and only Ubisoft officials can answer this question.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:44 PM
See my previous post....I pointed right out for you.

And I debunked it in my response, new narrative please

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 10:46 PM
I've stated before, that your virtue signaling morality fantasies mean nothing to me, my question is "is it against the rules, yes or no?" and only Ubisoft officials can answer this question.

You're just showing yourself to live up to your name. It may not be against the LETTER of the law, but it's definitely against the SPIRIT of the law. But then again, people like you don't care about that, do you? People like you are why I actually quit tabletop gaming.

Is it fair? No.
Is it sporting? No.
Is it fun? No.
But is it against the rules? No, so I can get away with it.

People like you are toxic and kill gaming communities with your selfish, ******* behavior.

awolcz
03-01-2017, 10:47 PM

Report A Player

Well, I believe that this is something you should solve generally, because it is starting to be wide-spread issue and you are the ones loosing money. People who rubber band their controller, go to sleep and receive free steel after they have woken up are not buying any steel from micro transactions. Why would they? It is free. So not only those players are ruining our game, but stealing your money. And you are not solving this on general level....

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Well, I believe that this is something you should solve generally, because it is starting to be wide-spread issue and you are the ones loosing money. People who rubber band their controller, go to sleep and receive free steel after they have woken up are not buying any steel from micro transactions. Why would they? It is free. So not only those players are ruining our game, but stealing your money. And you are not solving this on general level....

Allegedly rubberband their controllers, you don't know, maybe that's just how they play the game, maybe their only dream in life is to run in circles in For Honor for 16 hours straight, you just don't know

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 10:55 PM
You're just showing yourself to live up to your name. It may not be against the LETTER of the law, but it's definitely against the SPIRIT of the law. But then again, people like you don't care about that, do you? People like you are why I actually quit tabletop gaming.

Is it fair? No.
Is it sporting? No.
Is it fun? No.
But is it against the rules? No, so I can get away with it.

People like you are toxic and kill gaming communities with your selfish, ******* behavior.

Last time I checked it's mandatory to follow the law in real life, and regulations in online video games , morality is not mandatory,

Funny enough, this is actually in essence why Donald Trump became the democratically elect president of the United States, mainly due to regressive left pushing their "everyone must be PC" fantasy, and the majority of voters saying "we don't want to" with their votes.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Last time I checked it's mandatory to follow the law in real life, and regulations in online video games , morality is not mandatory,

Funny enough, this is actually in essence why Donald Trump became the democratic elect president of the United States, mainly due to regressive left pushing their "everyone must be PC" fantasy, and the majority of voters saying "we don't want to" with their votes.

Funny that you bring up politics, considering you're the one saying "**** you, I'll do what I want because I think consequences are for other people." I was going to assume YOU were the regressive leftist.

Allyrion8
03-01-2017, 11:01 PM
AFK-ing has to be considered griefing. If someone rages and afks for the rest of the match in a PvP game while moving slightly to not get booted, that is textbook griefing.

If you do it against AI, it's no different. The few times I do AI dominion matches for Orders, it's filled with these people running in circles to farm xp. But you also meet people who want to finish the match or even just like playing against AI but their team has no interest.

It's just as bad as afk-ing in a regular match and both should be bannable (at least, starting with a suspension). This is considered griefing in any multiplayer game I've played (with matchmaking) and I've played a lot.

Also, if there is an AFK system while people are just running in circles to bypass it, then that is obviously an exploit so it has to be an offense.

RenfieldX
03-01-2017, 11:03 PM

Exploiting: Triggering and using a bug or glitch, or bypassing established game rules by to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.

There is a system in place to automatically kick inactive characters so that they are not causing other players to fight at a disadvantage, and so that they are not getting rewarded (xp/steel) when you're not actually playing (progression). Using a rubber band or similar method so that their character is running in circles is deliberately circumventing this system, therefore against the CoC.

Now, I don't have a fancy law degree, but that seems fairly straightforward to me. ;)

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Funny that you bring up politics, considering you're the one saying "**** you, I'll do what I want because I think consequences are for other people." I was going to assume YOU were the regressive leftist.

And just as everybody in regressive left, you've devolved to lieing and putting words in my mouth, as you can clearly see yourself from this thread, nowhere have I said that' I'll do whatever I want with no regards to consequences

Quite opposite, I've only been asking for official statement from the developers which would answers what the consequances are if any to begin with, instead of trying to come up with my own consequences and starting witch hunts on unsuspecting people, just like you lot are trying top do.

Talk about immoral.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:06 PM

There is a system in place to automatically kick inactive characters so that they are not causing other players to fight at a disadvantage, and so that you are not getting rewarded (xp/steel) when you're not actually playing (progression). By using a rubber band or similar method so that their character is running in circles is deliberately circumventing this system, therefore against the CoC.

Now, I don't have a fancy law degree, but that seems fairly straightforward to me. ;)

Most of the time you can't punish for being AFK, this time you can't even prove that players ARE afk, especially if they are running around in circles.

What you can do is check for bots and scripts and ban players using them on the spot, if there aren't any - the player may simply be running in circles by his own choice, 16 hours straight or not thats not any of your concern, if not the Code of Conduct would say "people volunteraly running in circles for over 16 hours will be banned", which then would be fair and reasonable, if it was ratified.

You maybe saying "well if I talk to player and he doesn't respond - he must be afk", but that also doesn't work because players have no obligations to respond, and it doesn't matter whos asking them , you , CEO of Ubisoft, or gods themselves, you don't even know if they speak english, and even if they did they are still not obliged to respond

awolcz
03-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Exactly. Game has mechanics to boot players which are AFK for some period of time, but these people are using tools to avoid it. They ARE AFK, but make the game THINK THEY ARE NOT AFK. And from what I know, pretending something to get some advantage is fraud, therefore punishable.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Exactly. Game has mechanics to boot players which are AFK for some period of time, but these people are using tools to avoid it. They ARE AFK, but make the game THINK THEY ARE NOT AFK. And from what I know, pretending something to get some advantage is fraud, therefore punishable.

So if someone is not afk, just holding down their Thumbstick to run around in circles for 16 hours straight - that's ok then?

awolcz
03-01-2017, 11:17 PM
So if someone is not afk, just holding down their Thumbstick to run around in circles for 16 hours straight - that's ok then?

"Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, or any other Ubisoft medium is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to, spamming, advertising or soliciting other products."

Even holding a sticks 16 hours and running in circles interrupts general flow of gameplay and therefore is violation of code of conduct. It is same like killing teammates in other games. If you do it regularly - therefore interrupting general flow - you got banned.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 11:17 PM

In sexual harassment cases, there is what is called the "Reasonable Person" clause. The behavior has to be within the realm of what a "reasonable person" would consider sexual harassment. ie: no reasonable person would claim sexual harassment by somebody who just said "good morning."

Ergo, no "reasonable person" would assume that anybody sits around just holding down their thumbstick to run around in circles for 16 hours straight. In such an instance, it's safe to assume they are AFK and gaming the system.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:20 PM
"Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, or any other Ubisoft medium is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to, spamming, advertising or soliciting other products."

Even holding a sticks 16 hours and running in circles interrupts general flow of gameplay and therefore is violation of code of conduct. It is same like killing teammates in other games. If you do it regularly - therefore interrupting general flow - you got banned.

Very nice hyperbole, but if we are going to be policing how players play, then every Vortexing Warden would have SWAT squads sent to break down their doors, try again

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Ergo, no "reasonable person" would assume that anybody sits around just holding down their thumbstick to run around in circles for 16 hours straight. In such an instance, it's safe to assume they are AFK and gaming the system.

What if I Twitch-Stream myself holding a thumbstick down for 16 hours straight ?

suboptiml
03-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Just got dumped into the same match with the same two afk botting people, three times in a row.

Hope the devs are on this and fix it quick.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Very nice hyperbole, so now we are policing how players play, if that was the case every Vortexing Warden would have SWAT squads sent to break down their doors, try again

You're the one going off into hyperbole. The Warden's vortex is a gameplay mechanic and design, the same way the anti-AFK mechanic works to kick inactive players out of a match. By rubberbanding their thumbsticks or "holding them for 16 hours straight" as you seem so fond of saying, these people are actively avoiding/exploiting/circumventing game mechanics. Technically, they are getting around game systems in order to get away with things that they are not intended to be able to get away with. That IS the very definition of exploiting and cheating.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:26 PM
You're the one going off into hyperbole. The Warden's vortex is a gameplay mechanic and design, the same way the anti-AFK mechanic works to kick inactive players out of a match. By rubberbanding their thumbsticks or "holding them for 16 hours straight" as you seem so fond of saying, these people are actively avoiding/exploiting/circumventing game mechanics. Technically, they are getting around game systems in order to get away with things that they are not intended to be able to get away with. That IS the very definition of exploiting and cheating.

You are assuming people are rubberbanding their gamepads, when it's so easy to just hold the thumbstick yourself, it's only 16 hours, no problem whatsoever, the more we talk here the more I am actually tempted to do a 16 hour thumbstick holding marathon live on Twitch.

Will you come to watch and then leave a like and share?

Allyrion8
03-01-2017, 11:29 PM

It doesn't matter if they're there in front the keyboard/controller or not. If you don't do anything but you're in front of the keyboard, then you're technically not AFK, but you will still be booted.

If you are intentionally throwing the match, whether by only throwing your teammates into pits or afk-ing during a pvp match then that is considered griefing. It can be filed in "bypassing established game rules" which is vague enough.

They should change the harassment part of the CoC to include actions instead of just text and then any disruption of normal gameplay would fall under such categories. It can then be dealt with on a case by case basis.

But in any case, no one cares if you're at your keyboard when you get booted for inactivity. All that matters is that you're not taking part in the gameplay which hurts the experience for others. This would be the only multiplayer matchmaking game not to consider that an offense if that's acceptable, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

Offenders can get a warning first since it's so unclear in CoC, I guess.

D0MFTW
03-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Hopefully Ubisoft Montréal has a plan for these lazy a-holes. I stumbled upon 2 AFK players in less than 24h hours.

It's quite simple really, play the game or gtfo.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 11:31 PM
You are assuming people are rubberbanding their gamepads, when it's so easy to just hold the thumbstick yourself, it's only 16 hours, no problem whatsoever, the more we talk here the more I am actually tempted to do a 16 hour thumbstick holding marathon live on Twitch.

Will you come to watch and then leave a like and share?

Sure. Go ahead and record it. I'm not gonna watch it live because I'm an adult and I have responsibilities like a JOB, but sure. You go ahead and prove your moronic point by livestreaming yourself holding down the thumnstick for 16 hours straight.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Offenders can get a warning first since it's so unclear in CoC, I guess.

That is actually the most reasonable thing I've heard so far in this thread, altho I personally think it would be better if Ubisoft officials made a statement in which thei either condone or condem the activity, so we would know.

If they outright say "no it's illegal, stop or else", than I woudln't care if anyone still doing it would get banned on the spot.

Even tho if someone just choses to run in circles, I still don't understand under which law can you police them or tell them "hey you, don't play like you want, play like me".

It would be so much easier to fix it by removing rewards if you don't accumulate enough points, then problem would solve itself

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Hopefully Ubisoft Montréal has a plan for these lazy a-holes. I stumbled upon 2 AFK players in less than 24h hours.

It's quite simple really, play the game or gtfo.

Allegedly* AFK players, please cut down on the hyperboles

RenfieldX
03-01-2017, 11:35 PM

Good grief, really? Yeah, because that's a thing.

For the sake of argument, assume that you're right and someone isn't AFK, they're physically sitting there running their character around in a circle at the spawn point. That would still be against the CoC - it's still griefing and/or exploiting, take your pick. They'd still be deliberately causing their teammates to fight at disadvantage and negatively affecting their gaming experience, and obtaining progression in a way that, in my opinion at least, any reasonable person would agree isn't intended. Sure, if they did it for a short period of time, maybe someone's toddler or dog sat on the controller, but that would be easy to distinguish from people exploiting.

This is Ubisofts sandbox; they don't have to 'prove' that you're physically 'AFK' like you're suggesting to the same standard that you would have to in a court of law.

That being said, I can't imagine that Ubisoft would immediately ban a player for this. Progressive action is the typical way that they go with CoC violations. Warning and/or short suspension, escalating to a ban.

suboptiml
03-01-2017, 11:35 PM

Report A Player

That's a really ****e system for reporting cheating. There should be easy access links from directly within the game client. Hell, at the very minimum from within Uplay itself. Making honest players go to the website to fill out a friggin form is throwing hurdles in front of the honest player.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 11:37 PM

Look, if some ******* is intentionally throwing the match by doing absolutely nothing, but is still cheating the anti-AFK system to get rewards, that falls under disruption of normal gameplay and griefing (as you are deliberately harming someone else's game experience) and tricking a system designed to punish non-contributing players (exploit by definition). Regardless, it should be punishable. You keep trying to argue hypothetical technicalities to try to make this behavior ok.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Good grief, really? Yeah, because that's a thing.

For the sake of argument, assume that you're right and someone isn't AFK, they're sitting there running their character around in a circle. That would still be against the CoC - it's still griefing and/or exploiting, take your pick. They'd still be deliberately causing their teammates to fight at disadvantage and negatively affecting their gaming experience, and obtaining progression in a way that, in my opinion at least, any reasonable person would agree isn't intended.

This is Ubisofts sandbox; they don't have to 'prove' that you're physically 'AFK' like you're suggesting to the same standard that you would have to in a court of law.

Game policing is not a thing yet, nobody can tell you how to play your game, lol. Next time we will be banning players who have negative kill/death ratios for bringing their teams down, can you imagine? Git Gutt - or get baned, LOL priceless.

Stop living in the fantasty world.

You are right tha this is Ubisofts sandbox and they can do what they want, but so can you if you get banned for something that is not in the ToS, you can submit a claim to PayPal and next day you'll get back every penny you ever spent on Ubisoft, so that's a bit of a double edged sword

Allyrion8
03-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Well on PS4, when you check someone's profile from the scoreboard there's "Report Cheating" and "Report Griefing". So it's pretty easy on console, though I'm not sure how it works.

There's also "Report Offensive Emblem" so it's specific to "For Honor", not some general psn report.

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Look, if some ******* is intentionally throwing the match by doing absolutely nothing, but is still cheating the anti-AFK system to get rewards, that falls under disruption of normal gameplay and griefing (as you are deliberately harming someone else's game experience) and tricking a system designed to punish non-contributing players (exploit by definition). Regardless, it should be punishable. You keep trying to argue hypothetical technicalities to try to make this behavior ok.

Not a single thing in this hyperbole is truth, you can't tell anyone how to play their games, if they are at the controls, playing the game, they can do whatever they want.

You don't know, maybe it's a mentaly handicaped person holding down the stick just watching the colors which make him happy, are you gonna ban him too? LOL, imagine the headlines.

I get it, your bloodlust is strong, and you must feed your desires by witch-hunting down players who may not even suspect that they are doing something that may or may not be wrong (you know because the ToS doesn't say anything against it and developers have not made an official statement yet), but Jesus dude, have your really no shame nor empathy for fellow man

suboptiml
03-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Wow, the last three different matches I've gotten into have been at least one person afking in the spawn. The last one was all three of the other players.

KingRyuShin
03-02-2017, 12:00 AM
Not a single thing in this hyperbole is truth, you can't tell anyone how to play their games, if they are at the controls, playing the game, they can do whatever they want.

You don't know, maybe it's a mentaly handicaped person holding down the stick just watching the colors which make him happy, are you gonna ban him too? LOL, imagine the headlines.

I get it, your bloodlust is strong, and you must feed your desires by witch-hunting down players who may not even suspect that they are doing something that may or may not be wrong (you know because the ToS doesn't say anything against it and developers have not made an official statement yet), but Jesus dude, have your really no shame nor empathy for fellow man

I hope Ubisoft take a look into your account. Defending such a ******** meta.. you must be doing it yourself ^^

D0MFTW
03-02-2017, 12:03 AM
Actual* AFK players, but hey, keep on defending it.

http://xboxclips.com/DomTheKilleur/581b0e4d-0b85-4a32-9be0-5d5edb20746a

http://xboxclips.com/DomTheKilleur/da93fb33-8ac4-408e-a3eb-e23222a6c6d1

awolcz
03-02-2017, 12:05 AM
I hope Ubisoft take a look into your account. Defending such a ******** meta.. you must be doing it yourself ^^

Actually MassiveD is doing it by himself. Check his other posts. Some other player provided the screenshots of massiveD. exploiting AFK in PVE. MassiveD originally wanted to make some video explaining that he is actually not cheating - same as he does now. Just throwing stupid and empty arguments like "I paid for this game so I can do whatever I want". He is kind of forgetting that this is multiplayer game. Stupid and selfish behavior.

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:07 AM

Or you could just read through the entire thread and see that I am not defending anything, but in factt simply asked for developers to make a statement about it, which resutled to me immediately being jumped by outraged hyenas and forced to defend myself, because how dare I not demand satisfaction from banning players without any evidence that they are breaking or not breaking the Code of Conduct.

You people trully sicken me

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Actual* AFK players, but hey, keep on defending it.

http://xboxclips.com/DomTheKilleur/581b0e4d-0b85-4a32-9be0-5d5edb20746a

http://xboxclips.com/DomTheKilleur/da93fb33-8ac4-408e-a3eb-e23222a6c6d1

What is your proof that the player is AFK?

Once you provide it I will withdraw my argument immediately

awolcz
03-02-2017, 12:11 AM
These are the screenshots some other player provided in different thread, showing that MassiveD is AFK exploiting. Images are from one game - start of the game and end of the game.

http://imgur.com/a/KvSF1
http://imgur.com/a/dgIK6

D0MFTW
03-02-2017, 12:13 AM
What is your proof that the player is AFK?

Once you provide it I will withdraw my argument immediately
The videos are the proof that those players ARE being AFK on top of bypassing the AFK timer, open your eyes.

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:13 AM
These are the screenshots some other player provided in different thread, showing that MassiveD is AFK exploiting. Images are from one game - start of the game and end of the game.

http://imgur.com/a/KvSF1
http://imgur.com/a/dgIK6

I see the images, which are nice and all , but where's the proof of anything?

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:17 AM
The videos are the proof that those players ARE being AFK on top of bypassing the AFK timer, open your eyes.

I don't know, all I see are active players running around in circles by their own choice, in no way AFK. If they are botting I bet its easy to check that from the logs of the anti-cheat thingy.

Unless you can proove otherwise, you'll need to come up with better evidence than that, and this is why I have been asking for an official statement from Ubisoft for weeks now, which would clearly state what is legal and what is not to do

Thanapetus
03-02-2017, 12:17 AM

Report A Player

You know there is no legal mandate that requires you NOT to post their names. There is no existing caselaw regarding privacy that can not say someone was banned or punished when they break the rules. Infact, the precedent is in YOUR favor as criminal registry's have the same principle. Now the stretch is making the argument that disclosing gamerid's benefits the public by allowing compliant customers to disassociate with cheaters.

You can even write it into the TOS/EULA that any claims of privacy are waived if you decide to play the game and violate anti-cheat/griefing/botting/boosting rules.

Now, I cant think of a current gaming company with the testicular fortitude to do it because most of the gaming companies are anti-confrontational cucks who are scared of people like AngryJoe, Totalbiscuit and most of the Japanese cartoon fetish furries on twitch.

awolcz
03-02-2017, 12:19 AM
I see the images, which are nice and all , but where's the proof of anything?

Someone mentioned "Reasonable person". Any reasonable person knows, you are doing this exploit. You didn't kill single soldier, character, didn't revive anybody or even did not pick power-up in the whole match, but game did not boot you for inactivity. Also, by reading your previous posts, all are full of stupid arguments why rubbering sticks and being AFK is not cheating. Any reasonable person knows you are cheater and you make me sick. I hope Ubisoft has some good game data and will wipe your progress.

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:20 AM
You know there is no legal mandate that requires you NOT to post their names. There is no existing caselaw regarding privacy that can not say someone was banned or punished when they break the rules. Infact, the precedent is in YOUR favor as criminal registry's have the same principle. Now the stretch is making the argument that disclosing gamerid's benefits the public by allowing compliant customers to disassociate with cheaters.

You can even write it into the TOS/EULA that any claims of privacy are waived if you decide to play the game and violate anti-cheat/griefing/botting/boosting rules.

Now, I cant think of a current gaming company with the testicular fortitude to do it because most of the gaming companies are anti-confrontational cucks who are scared of people like AngryJoe, Totalbiscuit and most of the Japanese cartoon fetish furries on twitch.

I love this, a child is holding down his gamepad stick to run in circles - CRIMINAL, PUNISHABLE BY PUBLIC EXECUTION.

Hahaha, there just isn't any hope for humanity is there *clap clap clap clap*

D0MFTW
03-02-2017, 12:21 AM
I don't know, all I see are active players running around in circles by their own choice, in no way AFK. If they are botting I bet its easy to check that from the logs of the anti-cheat thingy.

Unless you can proove otherwise, you'll need to come up with better evidence than that, and this is why I have been asking for an official statement from Ubisoft for weeks now, which would clearly state what is legal and what is not to do
"Hey let's go play For Honor and just run in circles because why the hell not?!"

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Someone mentioned "Reasonable person". Any reasonable person knows, you are doing this exploit. You didn't kill single soldier, character, didn't revive anybody or even did not pick power-up in the whole match, but game did not boot you for inactivity. Also, by reading your previous posts, all are full of stupid arguments why rubbering sticks and being AFK is not cheating. Any reasonable person knows you are cheater and you make me sick. I hope Ubisoft has some good game data and will wipe your progress.

I was doing graphics configuration you dingus, after the patch my game was lagging and I was trying to figure out why, it didn't lag in training room, but it only lagged in dominion, that's why I went against BOTs to try and fix it, I have since found the problem which I can prove, next "evidence" please

Thanapetus
03-02-2017, 12:33 AM
I love this, a child is holding down his gamepad stick to run in circles - CRIMINAL, PUNISHABLE BY PUBLIC EXECUTION.

Hahaha, there just isn't any hope for humanity is there *clap clap clap clap*

No, I didnt say capital punishment in any sense of the word. However, if someone cheats you seek civil litigation in the predetermined jurisdiction that we all agreed to by playing the game.

Here is how you seriously deter cheating in a game.

1) Be willing to take people to court.
2) Seek damages against the cheater, where the cheat was hosted, cheat creator.
3) In case any of them cannot pay, you send them to collections AND publish it on your website ensure the EULA and TOS grants your permission to do this.
Cheaters can not claim defamation as the ultimate defense to slander/libel and/or defamation is the Truth.
4) Permanently ban that accounts form of payment and ask console company to block the hardware ID from accessing your servers in the future if it is PC I think you can do the same thing.
5) Region lock servers that are hosted by YOUR company not P2P.

Done.

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:35 AM
No, I didnt say capital punishment in any sense of the word. However, if someone cheats you seek civil litigation in the predetermined jurisdiction that we all agreed to by playing the game.

Here is how you seriously deter cheating in a game.

1) Be willing to take people to court.
2) Seek damages against the cheater, where the cheat was hosted, cheat creator.
3) In case any of them cannot pay, you send them to collections AND publish it on your website ensure the EULA and TOS grants your permission to do this.
Cheaters can not claim defamation as the ultimate defense to slander/libel and/or defamation is the Truth.
4) Permanently ban that accounts form of payment and ask console company to block the hardware ID from accessing your servers in the future if it is PC I think you can do the same thing.
5) Region lock servers that are hosted by YOUR company not P2P.

Done.

A child was running in circles in an online game- QUICK, TAKE HIM TO COURT!

IF HE CAN'T PAY. SEND HIS FAMILY TO URANIUM MINES!

This has reached the critical mass of comedy, I can't, I can't breathe

Thanapetus
03-02-2017, 12:38 AM
A child was running in circles in an online game- QUICK, TAKE HIM TO COURT!

IF HE CAN'T PAY. SEND HIS FAMILY TO URANIUM MINES!

This has reached the critical mass of comedy, I can't, I can't breathe

Maybe you could breathe if you would take that pretentious stick out of your rearend that is compromising your ability to not be a pathetic neckbeard troll.

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 12:41 AM
Maybe you could breathe if you would take that pretentious stick out of your rearend that is compromising your ability to not be a pathetic neckbeard troll.

And if I choose for the stick to remain untouched, will you take me to court?

And if I can't pay will you send me to the gulag?

Because these are all things that happen in the real world, yup.

Sure do.

All the time, really.

Grimmyke
03-02-2017, 01:27 AM
I was doing graphics configuration you dingus, after the patch my game was lagging and I was trying to figure out why, it didn't lag in training room, but it only lagged in dominion, that's why I went against BOTs to try and fix it, I have since found the problem which I can prove, next "evidence" please

Classic.

You got caught, probably reported well over a dozen times because you've been doing it for days/weeks now, video and screenshot evidence is most likely already in Ubisofts hands by the looks of it.
You're just scared they're going to whipe all your ill-gotten progress. Why don't you try the "It was my brother who logged into my account."? That's what most kids do when they get VAC banned on steam. Though it never works as an excuse and they still get banned.

I hope ubisoft has the same balls steam does and just bans your ***, but then again, it's ubisoft so you might just get away with it, who knows.

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 01:40 AM
Classic.

You got caught, probably reported well over a dozen times because you've been doing it for days/weeks now, video and screenshot evidence is most likely already in Ubisofts hands by the looks of it.
You're just scared they're going to whipe all your ill-gotten progress. Why don't you try the "It was my brother who logged into my account."? That's what most kids do when they get VAC banned on steam. Though it never works as an excuse and they still get banned.

I hope ubisoft has the same balls steam does and just bans your ***, but then again, it's ubisoft so you might just get away with it, who knows.

I can hear the rage and tears in your words, quite sweet really, but ultimately pointless as your fantasies have no impact on reality.

I've proposed a ton of arguments that no one was able to refute so far, as well as asked the developers to give us an official statement.

You are free to rage and spew you're hyperboles, even attempt to assassinate my character without a scrap of evidence to support it, LARP all the power fantasies your heart desires, ask for blood and reperations, but ultimately you will be forced to accept the reality and the fact that apart from whining and moaning you do not have a valid argument, nor does your opinion matter in any way shape or form, since only, and only the developers can say what is illegal and what is not.

I am so sorry that you are so irrelevant.

I hope your ego and sense of entitlement are not hurt?

Reign
03-02-2017, 01:42 AM
MassiveD: If you do have a master's degree and use "lieing" instead of "lying", you should ask for a refund. Because not only are you full of sh*t, but you can't spell for it either. What you are is an afk'er acting like something special to justify your disgusting behavior and using verbal loop holes to account for it. It's painfully obvious and on the verge of comical what you really are and neither of them is educated or honest. But by all means keep defending your right to run in circles to gain a level in a video game that means absolutely nothing in the long run. When this game is no longer played you will still be sitting there with your low moral standards to keep you company.

TheRealNichivo
03-02-2017, 01:43 AM
You should see about getting a refund on that degree, it does not appear to be worth the paper it was printed on. Heck! I am just a crotchety old fool, but the ToS and CoC still made perfect sense to me.

First offense: character reset
Second offense: character reset and temporary suspension

bypassing established game rules, (getting around AFK kick by putting a rubberband around controller sticks, or any of a dozen other things)
Multiple offenses: permanent ban, (doing it all night long while sleeping, each game being a separate offense)

Cheating / Modding / Hacking: Player is running a modified or otherwise unauthorized version of the game client or a third party software providing an unfair advantage (wallhacks, aimhacks…) or causing detriment to other players’ experience:

or causing detriment to other players’ experience: (do I really have to explain how spinning in circles AFK effects other players?)

You mentioned no proof earlier.. Do you honestly think they can not pull up metrics showing a number of zero sum games and flag an account ... I bet you are wrong!
The only thing I cannot for the life of me understand... Is how someone who claims to have studied the law can not understand a simple ToS or CoC.

So I called and asked my 3 sons to read the CoC and even the youngest who is 17 understood it. I will not mention what the 25 year old said, because personal attacks and such... I can almost hear someone screaming hearsay. LOL!

Please send responses via snail mail to, :nonchalance:
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
425 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY. 10017

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 01:50 AM
MassiveD: If you do have a master's degree and use "lieing" instead of "lying", you should ask for a refund. Because not only are you full of sh*t, but you can't spell for it either. What you are is an afk'er acting like something special to justify your disgusting behavior and using verbal loop holes to account for it. It's painfully obvious and on the verge of comical what you really are and neither of them is educated or honest. But by all means keep defending your right to run in circles to gain a level in a video game that means absolutely nothing in the long run. When this game is no longer played you will still be sitting there with your low moral standards to keep you company.

I am not a native english speaker, I speak 4 languages and english is not even my second.

It is so original for you to be another doomsayer prophesying that the game is dying, even tho its clear that the game is going nowhere, and the fanbase is huge.

It is very clear that majority of you are simply venting your frustrations, projecting your anger and looking for scapegoats and people to blame without an ounce of evidence just because you suck at the game.

Get over over yourselves already, you can't even refute a few logical statements without fully mentally collapsing, you got nothing

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 01:53 AM
rubbish

It is yet to be proven than any of these people you accuse are in fact AFK, and just like that your entire wall-o-text is debunked, next

Grimmyke
03-02-2017, 01:53 AM
I can hear the rage and tears in your words, quite sweet really, but ultimately pointless as your fantasies have no impact on reality.

I've proposed a ton of arguments that no one was able to refute so far, as well as asked the developers to give us an official statement.

You are free to rage and spew you're hyperboles, even attempt to assassinate my character without a scrap of evidence to support it, LARP all the power fantasies your heart desires, ask for blood and reperations, but ultimately you will be forced to accept the reality and the fact that apart from whining and moaning you do not have a valid argument, nor does your opinion matter in any way shape or form, since only, and only the developers can say what is illegal and what is not.

You just running scared, look at all the jibberish coming from you. If anything you're the one whose irrelevant with a massive ego and sense of entitlement.
You have a mental problem where you ascribe your own problems to other people, it's quite telling actually. Seek some professional help.

Thanapetus
03-02-2017, 02:01 AM

I have a valid argument that cheating or intentionally breaking the contract that you entered into with UBISOFT by continuing to play the game. If you breach the contractual terms UBISOFT has set, then all of the remedies they set forth in said contract are applicable. Since you boast that you bot during Dominion AI games then you admit you a in breach.

Here is some language from the UBISOFT Terms of Use Agreement
Section 14

IN THE EVENT OF A BREACH OF YOUR LEGAL OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS, UBISOFT RESERVES THE RIGHT (i) TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND TERMINATE YOUR LICENSE FOR USE OF THE GAMES AND SERVICES AND (ii) TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION ON GROUNDS OF CIVIL OR CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY IN ORDER TO HALT THE VIOLATION AND OBTAIN COMPENSATION FOR ITS LOSSES. IN PARTICULAR, WITHOUT LIMITATION, UBISOFT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY USER WHO WAS DELIBERATELY DAMAGED OR ATTEMPTED TO DAMAGE THE SERVICES OR DISRUPTED THE LEGITIMATE FUNCTIONING OF THE SERVICES OR PROVIDED ASSISTANCE FOR SO DOING.

Section 16
• you behave unsuitably or reprehensibly on the Services, including, without limitation, on the Forums;
• you do not comply with these Terms or any special condition relating to a particular Service or Services;

Section 20.3
The formation, construction and interpretation of these Terms shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.

So it is safe to say that YOU are breaking the law. I sincerely hope UBISOFT goes after you with it's full might.

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 02:01 AM
You just running scared, look at all the jibberish coming from you. If anything you're the one whose irrelevant with a massive ego and sense of entitlement.
You have a mental problem where you ascribe your own problems to other people, it's quite telling actually. Seek some professional help.

"No you", is that what we are devolving to now?

*Yawn* I'm going to sleep, by the time I wake up I expect some more developed arguments, so far you lot have been utterly pathetic, a crowd of 5 hyenas unable to refute a single argument from 1 man without degenerating to whining and moaning, lol, damn, I am so scarred right now, me and my gibberish* (that has yet to be debunked) are going to bed, sweet dreams

MassiveD.
03-02-2017, 02:05 AM
*hilbilly rant*.

Those are related to physical damages by the means of DDoS attacks etc. You twit. When an actual money loss or disruption of service is involved, not children running in circles online, lmfao, seriously I'm done here, good night

TheRealNichivo
03-02-2017, 02:11 AM
It is yet to be proven than any of these people you accuse are in fact AFK, and just like that your entire wall-o-text is debunked, next

What are you a public defender? That would almost make sense.

I have not personally accused or reported anyone, you assuming I had is just silly. Trying to say that they can not be proven to be afk is even more silly. Quoting me as saying, " rubbish" is a missquote.

Here have a cookie! You can eat it under your Bridge.

Grimmyke
03-02-2017, 02:11 AM
"No you", is that what we are devolving to now?

*Yawn* I'm going to sleep, by the time I wake up I expect some more developed arguments, so far you lot have been utterly pathetic, a crowd of 5 hyenas unable to refute a single argument from 1 man without degenerating to whining and moaning, lol, damn, I am so scarred right now, me and my gibberish* (that has yet to be debunked) are going to bed, sweet dreams

You're not worth the time anyone has already given you.

You've been proven wrong by everyone in this thread, multiple times. All you come up with are flimsy excuses and just straight up turning the facts around.
Don't forget to hold down the left stick while you sleep... and when you wake up, please, do us all a favor and seek some professional help with the perpetual lying and questionable morals.

devilarms14
03-02-2017, 02:13 AM

Walking around is also a game mechanic soooo....

Thanapetus
03-02-2017, 02:43 AM
Those are related to physical damages by the means of DDoS attacks etc. You twit. When an actual money loss or disruption of service is involved, not children running in circles online, lmfao, seriously I'm done here, good night

Actually no, Riot Games is suing for software automation, teaching people how to manipulate the system, and for boosting specfically.Here is the cite for it, 2016 WL 4177501 (C.D.Cal.) (Trial Pleading) United States District Court, C.D. California.

I wont post the entire 68 page pleading but here are some quick reference pleadings that are on Westlaw.

- It is absolutely imperative to Riot and to the future of LoL that the game provides to its players a fair, competitive, and enjoyable environment that rewards its players' skill and experience. By enabling some LoL players to cheat in the game or to automate their performance, L# disrupts (and threatens to destroy) Riot's carefully crafted gameplay, and ruins the game experience for players that take the game seriously and who wish to play fair.

- Defendants have engaged in numerous unlawful acts under United States law. Defendants have violated Section 1201 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. § 1201(a)(2), by selling, importing, offering, providing, and otherwise trafficking in technologies that circumvent or evade Riot's sophisticated anti-cheat software. Defendants also have knowingly and intentionally induced thousands or tens of thousands of Riot players in the United States to breach Riot's Terms of Use, which explicitly prohibits the precise type of cheating that L# enables. Defendants not only know that their conduct is unlawful, but they engage in that conduct with the deliberate intent to harm Riot and its community.

-product or actions that is specifically designed to enable a subset of LoL players who do not wish to play fair to gain substantial unfair advantages over legitimate players (in other words, to cheat).

-The importance of maintaining game balance and fairness for players cannot be overestimated. Because LoL is a competitive game, any perception that a player may be cheating or have an unfair advantage results in players becoming frustrated or alienated and potentially leaving the LoL community. Should such perception become widespread, it could destroy or severely impair the game as a whole, since LoL relies on the existence of an active and engaged player community. If players lose interest in LoL, Riot also will be unable to recoup the enormous expense it incurs in maintaining and servicing the game.

There you have it, cheating or the mere presence of it can entice the playerbase to leave and thereby losing company profits for UBISOFT.

Sorry Massive, I just destroyed any argument you have, will develop in any shape form or fashion. You stand 0 chance against me in a legal argument. You need to go to sleep and wipe the salt from your face as you are now owned.

http://massived.just.got.owned.aninote.com/

Thanapetus
03-02-2017, 06:06 AM
No sarcasm? Massive? Didnt think so.

kinzie87
03-02-2017, 06:11 AM

well I remember seeing massive D afking in several games, so I guess thats why he would want to know if its against the rules.....

Butonfly
03-02-2017, 07:43 AM

You can call them whatever you like, you can call them nothing, it's irrelevant. What's obvious however is that one look at this tells you something isnt right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAoZmrgW3rs

If you want objectivity, I joined this game attempting to complete daily orders. But because of these three players choice and behavior it became an impossible task. Zero chance in this match. The result being grief.

Having a player at the keyboard makes no difference, as per this example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBCEyNtINHc

~Fin

MacCait
03-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Reported 17 people yesterday, no response from Ubisoft. Same people in their today. One guy has levelled an Orochi to Rep 4 with 108 gear, and he's still running in circles. This game is unpalyable. I really just want a refund at this point and wash my hands of the whole experience. Never seen anything like this and can't believe it :mad:

brochacho78
03-02-2017, 06:13 PM

yes they still deserve a ban, they are intentionally doing nothing to help said team.

my in game name is Vrgadin fyi, i never give up on a match or surrender no matter the odds, i am rep 5 all legit, anyone whos played with me knows this.

its called integrity people, get some

awolcz
03-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Someone put the video of MassiveD AFKing again. This guy must have done in for almost two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4YCeVw7r0&feature=youtu.be

Lokeshusse
03-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Haha ubi doing anything against cheaters/exploiters is a joke. Don't waste your time sending the ****. Post the vid on YouTube and spread it the best way possible. Maybe when the player base does a nose dive ala The Division, they start paying attention.

Ahlos_Dahel
03-04-2017, 03:14 PM
yeah, and now with the Dominioin event there are atleast 1 always running against the wall in spawn entire match... ****ing useless... Staying in spawn should get them kicked like afk does

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Have you people been living under a rock for the last few days?

Developers already released a statement against AFK farming.

They didn't outright blame players like everyone wanted them to, but instead did the sensible thing of comming up with a strategy to catch people doing it, and better AFK detector, alongside with the official statement that they do not approve AFK farming and they made an entry to the Code of Conduct stating so.

Starting next week they will be implementing sanctions:

1. If you been caught / reported durring the last few weeks, you will get an official cautionary warning to never do it again or else.
2. If after first warning you get caught again - temporary ban
3. If you get caught after that - progress wipe
4. If you get caught after that - permanent ban

I personally think Ubisoft have this very professionaly, addressed the issue without doing witch hunting or punishing people who may not have even been aware that they were doing something wrong, well technicly untill few days ago it wasn't even considered wrong as Code of Conduct did not cover it.

All's well that ends well ;)

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 03:27 PM
that´s the opposite of efficient and professional. but whatever floats your boat.

Ah yes, public executions would have been so much better would they have not :confused:

But hey, look at the bright side, at least I get to be smug about it , for predicting and fortelling everything that was gonna happen and happened to a T, which is even more impressive if you consider that I had roughly 50 people screaming to my face at all times , telling me how wrong I am :rolleyes:

Reminds me of that scene from Fargo

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/idPDpeRlxZENF0bOgb3ErQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NjMwO2lsPXBsYW5l/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/tv/2014-06-16/022bdaf0-f5ae-11e3-b5ea-db1eea405e16_Fargo-poster-1.png.cf.jpg

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 03:32 PM
??? public executions? are you in the wrong thread?

It's this new thing called "sarcasm", look it up

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 03:44 PM
what on earth are you talking about? you can´t just write random crap and say it´s sarcasm when it´s not even remotely connected to the topic.

If it's that badly over your head, doesn't mean its off topic, let me dumb it down for you:

The good, morality driven people of these forums were calling for figurative witch hunts: ban them! Wipe their account! Release names and publicaly shame them! Some extra moral individuals even proposed sueing the families of circle running children (I kid you not).

Thankfully, as a company that is being run by adults, Ubisoft handled this with grace, and top professionalism, since it was not a player problem to begin with.

Against which you voiced your displeasure, with a subtle give away that you don't feel like its harsh enough, since no blood was spilled.

To which I sarcasticly replied suggesting that perhaps you would have enjoyed a public execution more.

Comprende?

RatedChaotic
03-04-2017, 03:49 PM
MassiveD is just happy he cheesed his way thru the game and recieved no punishment. Is all. Let the cheater have his victory lap.

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 03:59 PM
MassiveD is just happy he cheesed his way thru the game and recieved no punishment. Is all. Let the cheater have his victory lap.

See that's the problem with monocolor tunnelvisioned morality, it was great in the middle ages, but in the modern days it just not practical. I personally was clearly against AFK farming, but at the same time you guys were requesting corporal punishment on people who didnt deserve it when there was no reason for it to begin with. So I had to speak-out against that narrative, as the proper solution was always tidying up the CoC and game code. I saw that miles away, and been trying to tell everyone. Now be as salty as you want, but you were narrowminded. And wrong

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 04:01 PM
well.. to bad that i didn´t ask for any punishments in the slightest, anywhere. So yeah.. just because you are reading stuff into things, doesn´t mean you are right. So go be a condescending female dog somewhere else, where people are on your level of reading comprehension.

for the sake of it: i voiced my opinion (in this thread and countless others) that afk farmers are just the symptom of a problem that needs to be eliminated:
getting rewards for not doing anything needs to change.

Yeah and I was saying the same thing, however have you not seen the rest of this thread? And the other ones, by saying "you" I obviously don't mean you personally, I mean mainstream view in general regarding this topic

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 04:05 PM
yes, i read this thread and i also read what ubisoft plans, which is plain garbage.

Tell us why it's garbage, I want to see you struggle trying to filter out the lust for blood out of your reasoning.

Remember, the notion to see others hurt for your personal satisfaction is the definition of sadism

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 04:13 PM
i could barely contain myself in my bloodlust.

So, let me get this straight, they are addressing the issue in the exact way you wished for, therefore its garbage?

They did say that they are working on an advanced system that will prevent afking..

Thus fixing the problem, and keeping symptoms in check with the updated CoC, it's perfect really

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 04:19 PM
that can be anything and if they had any plans to change the reward system (which i doubt), they could say so. But they decided to be as vague as possible.

If their anti-afk buster works well, there is no need to rework the rewards system for this particular reason.

Altho I wish they would give better rewards, playing 300 games to get enough steele for an animation is kinda maddening

RatedChaotic
03-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Well I think they just encouraged me to AFK farm til I get my first warning. Thanks Ubi. Great fix.

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Well I think they just encouraged me to AFK farm til I get my first warning. Thanks Ubi. Great fix.

Til Monday is more like it, or whenever the new anti-afk system is implemented

awolcz
03-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Altho I wish they would give better rewards, playing 300 games to get enough steele for an animation is kinda maddening

300 games? It's like two nights of AFK farming for you, no?

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 05:07 PM
300 games? It's like two nights of AFK farming for you, no?

Dominion takes 10 minutes per match, theres 24 hours in a full day, so that means even if you play the entire day and night without rest, you wont do more than 144 games at best, minus que times, cinematics etc. Basically you need about 50 hours of non-stop play for even the cheapest stinking animation. Adults work 40 hours per week, and make roughly 400 dollars for them. Thus you can either play for 100 hours, or spend 10 dollars for 2 animations.

Quite a transparent business model if you ask me, because only a mouth breathing idiot would grind 50 hours for an animation, when they can achieve the same by 1 hour of regular employeement.

SOLID-FAISAL
03-04-2017, 05:14 PM
i saw a lot of player reached rep20 and rep30 unbelievable....... lol

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 05:20 PM
i saw a lot of player reached rep20 and rep30 unbelievable....... lol

I don't think thats possible without actual straight-up hacks.

You need about 60 hours of nonstop play to raech reputation 3. which means you need about 600 hours to reach rep 30... There is 740 hours in a month, and the game has not even been out for a month yet. And even if they had the game permanently on, permanently playing , let's say with a brother or friend , one playing the other sleeping, it would still be physically impossible to be REP 30, and yes I saw someone brag about being 30 like a week ago.

MassiveD.
03-04-2017, 05:26 PM
uhm, you get 1 rep per day just from orders.. what are you talking about? my game time is 27h in pvp and i am rep7.

The game has not even been out for 30 days, even with orders its hard to see how someone could have been rep 30 by the end of week 2 after release