PDA

View Full Version : Barn stormin!

brasil66
03-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Just finished a QMB dogfight in the Crimea between a Gladiator and an Italian 42 biplane.
My GOSH is that fun. Its astounding what those extra wings allow you to do in terms of turn and roll, etc. After the dogfight..we both gave up apparently, I barnstormed the streets of Fedosia until augering into a factory.
What a total blast! I highly recommend you try a biplane dogfight or just barnstormin around Berlin or Moscow.
This game is a miracle.

brasil66
03-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Just finished a QMB dogfight in the Crimea between a Gladiator and an Italian 42 biplane.
My GOSH is that fun. Its astounding what those extra wings allow you to do in terms of turn and roll, etc. After the dogfight..we both gave up apparently, I barnstormed the streets of Fedosia until augering into a factory.
What a total blast! I highly recommend you try a biplane dogfight or just barnstormin around Berlin or Moscow.
This game is a miracle.

tsisqua
03-06-2004, 12:38 PM
The Gladiator will definitely replace the I-152 as THE aerobatics plane in IL2. I spent an hour with it having the time of my life.

Oh, yeah! The cockpit model is the most beautiful, real looking cockpit in this sim. Absolutely breathtaking!

Tsisqua

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/tsisqua-nedChristie.jpg
Tsalagi Asgaya Galvladi

brasil66
03-06-2004, 12:42 PM
I'd neglected to mention that...but yeah...the cockpit is amazing. The bad part is I cant see squat out of the thing. The 42 kept disappearing behind my wing. Guess limited visibility is a tradeoff for the incredible aerodynamics.
Wonder if anyone has tried to design a jet biplane.
I say again..this game is incredible...but whats more incredible is that people will find things to complain about with IL2. Its like there are 3000 great things about it...and people focus on the 5 things they see as problems. Oh well....*****ing is a hobby for some I suppose. I'll enjoy the game and wait for each new add-on.