PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft need to step up in balance priorities

Kawira1
03-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Ok so I'm gonna start with quoting a guy from Lawbringer thread:

This Tuesday during their live stream game director said that according to the data they've collected, Lawbringer's win-rate in Duels is 46%, but in 4v4 games he is one of the top tier characters..

There is one thing that concerns me. Ubisoft take into account general winratio in all modes - including unbalanced Dominion/Elimination crap.

In terms of longevity it is fatal mistake - most of all rookie one.

I'm not sure if there are any esport/fighting games veterans in dev team but to keep game healthy the balance HAS TO BE done according to the highest level of play. Weaker players will grow in skill or just leave anyway but it's the competitive level that keeps the games alive for years.

Atm many top players agreed that none character should have free safe damage (Headbutt, vortex etc) and so far both 1v1 tournaments were dominated by Warlord. This SHOULD lead to certain conclusion so let's face it. If you care for this game start talking about balance with the best Ubi, don't do noob mistakes

DrExtrem
03-01-2017, 11:49 AM
No.

They have to fix connection issues, networking, matchmaking, gameplay mechanics and itemisation first.

Only after the basement is rock solid, it makes sense to balance the heroes.

Why? Because certain heroes might only be strong or not underpowered, because of the previously stated problems.

Derity
03-01-2017, 11:57 AM
No.

They have to fix connection issues, networking, matchmaking, gameplay mechanics and itemisation first.

Only after the basement is rock solid, it makes sense to balance the heroes.

Why? Because certain heroes might only be strong or not underpowered, because of the previously stated problems.

The people working on the networking, items/UI/Faction War and balance are not the same people, so patches will usually includes updates for all. Check out the livestream.

With that said, they already said they're looking at the Warlord, but they don't want to make the same mistake they did with Vailkyrie (Huge nerf from top tier to bottom tier)