PDA

View Full Version : Is every1 reroll to Vikings after the first round?

supremechi
03-01-2017, 10:11 AM
The good question is, why should i stay on the side of the looser Samurais, if the Viking hordes dominate every single time, and prolly will win the season one?
Im not sure if it's a lot or not, but i had 210k (prolly not to much, but i got a job so...) war assets during the round 1, and i can't imagine how much should i play to make a diffrence.
Well, i got my p4 character, and don't want to lose my reputation lvl, but im really considering to join for the Viking faction. Ofc in round 1 it was not a huge diffrence between the rewards (3-2-1 crates), but should be a huge diffrence at the end of season 1.
Even the first day of round 2 in faction war, the Vikings has already 30+ terretoryes, and Samurais around 10...it's a joke! :) Every1 should just join to the Viking and let's see what will Ubisoft doing with that....:)

Anyway, ofc at the end of the day, im gonna stay at side of the Samurais, but if the things keep going like this, then the Faction War will be pointless, coz it will be nothing else at the end of every season but "Let's rewards the Vikings again".

I don't want to cry like a bi**, i can accept when i lose, but Ubisoft really should do something about it. For example: Only the last 8-12 hours what is really matter at the end of the rounds. The end of the first round was after midnight in my time zone, so i really couldnt do anything about it, just log in the next day, and see, that we are the worst facetion, when during the round one we had more terretoryes than the Knights....so it's a little bit wierd. Basicly deploying war assets is pointless till the last day.

Any thoughts?

KingTheokoles
03-01-2017, 10:18 AM
If you change factions after the first round I believe you forfeit all end of season rewards, so even if you did now it wouldn't matter. You have to wait till after the season ends and then there is a safe time to switch.

GRAFTAuk
03-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Personally I think its controlled by ubisoft until the last day or something similar, I think the samurai would have been wiped off. I was avidly putting War assets down for nothing really as I joined the Knights. Its a good idea but I've lost interest in it. It should be based on the character for a start, If you use a Viking and your on the Viking team then Viking War Assets should be worth more and if your using a different character from your faction your war assets should be worth less. its only an idea, one thing for sure, I wont be annoyed if I forget to put war assets down anymore

teksuo1
03-01-2017, 12:09 PM
forfeit a few scavenger crates to ensure being in the faction with 75% winrate?! sounds like a fair deal. :rolleyes:

m0u-1337
03-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Don't QQ, vikings are just better. we were best in open beta and we will be the best in season 1.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Don't QQ, vikings are just better. we were best in open beta and we will be the best in season 1.

Thats where you are wrong though, vikings are far from best. There is a systemic imbalance that vikings sweep under the rug so that they can flex their muscles and crap on everyone else because they cant lose.

Also you lost open beta (though I do concede that had the last turn played out in full vikings would likely be undefeated) so a loss inherently means you werent the best that round.

Vikings need a massive nerf in the faction war or else there will be no faction war. You dont see Jets, Bills, and Dolphins fans getting excited for the new season because they know the Patriots will crap on them all season long and then rub their god status in their faces all offseason. For Honor's faction war needs to not reflect that same level of win rate balance. Im not saying rig it against vikings for a while and make them assuredly lose the season, but I am saying that something needs to change fast or vikings will have the season win locked after round 3.

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 01:28 PM
People will change, no doubt about that if you know people at all.
Look at how greedy people are for rewards, even if those rewards are only superficial.
There's an increasing trend towards reward driven gaming, and some of the things I've seen people go mad about (Gold tank skin in BF1 anyone?) are crazy.

Maybe the glitch I got when I logged in last night is actually a sign of things to come ...

https://i.imgsafe.org/5d174bda09.png

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 01:36 PM
That glitch is already the history (open beta would most likely have been theirs if the final turn played in full). The only people okay with this are viking players and apparently the devs because not a word has been said on the subject of non stop viking domination and as far as we can tell nothing is going to change in the forseeable future.

The sad reality is that if you didnt choose vikings you chose wrong.

cragar212
03-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Well who says barbarians are going to win. Alot of playerbase changes will probly occur by then. But yeah some will probly switch to winning side but who cares they obviously are lame people anyways.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 01:42 PM
People arent going to leave the winning faction. If anything people are going to start fleeing the knights and samurai for the vikings in droves.

Valtaya
03-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Am knight, was knight, will stay knight, no matter what viks do.
Faction war is... whatever it is, I do not trust that it is not rigged in some way, I do not believe viks are better (that though is just incopatible to my observation). Worthless until Ubisoft finds enough courage to release some info about the Faction War and how they balance out the different member numbers.

buff_Nobushi
03-01-2017, 02:00 PM

Well, I won't change either (mostly because I would have to wait for the after-season-break first)
But not everyone shares that view. Lots of people want those cosmetics and other ingame rewards.
I'm almost 100% sure, that there will be an increase of Viking-Faction-Players. If not now, then after the season.
Something surely has to be done; something that can prevent that misery.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 02:01 PM
No matter what their balancing methods are something is far too weighted in favor of the vikings.

buff_Nobushi
03-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Wait, how exactly does the game determine what cosmetics, for what class, you get? Do you get rewards for your most-played class? Do you get rewards for every hero in your faction?

The latter surely would encourage going back to the faction your hero is on, wouldn't it?
Because, what does it matter if I get fancy cosmetics for Vikings, if I only play with, for example, Warden?

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 02:15 PM
I am staying Knight for the duration of the game.
Now there is your honour.
In the end, if this does turn out to be a constant Viking whitewash, then the Ornaments they 'proudly' wear in battle to me will just be symbolic of cheesy traitors who faction switch.

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Wait, how exactly does the game determine what cosmetics, for what class, you get? Do you get rewards for your most-played class? Do you get rewards for every hero in your faction?

The latter surely would encourage going back to the faction your hero is on, wouldn't it?
Because, what does it matter if I get fancy cosmetics for Vikings, if I only play with, for example, Warden?

Interesting point.
I would imagine if there's any sense to it, that you would get rewards that relate to the winning faction.
A bit like with story mode where you get an Ornament for your Warden when you complete the Knight section.
Winning as a Viking and then getting rewarded with an Ornament for your Knight character would be a bit odd and undermine the whole point a little imho.

LucasLoci
03-01-2017, 02:29 PM
you just forfeit that rounds rewards.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Very well said my honourable friend.
The true honour is staying with your faction no matter how dire for one day the winds of change shall come to those warriors who stay true..
I shan't be leaving my Bushido brother and sisters,,for when the sweet taste of victory comes it'll be like a long lasting blooming of cherry blossom..
HAI

puzonyyx
03-01-2017, 02:43 PM
I will stay loyal to Knights. I don't care about shiny loot. If you prefer loot than honor then yeah - switch on filthy heathens!

CoyoteXStarrk
03-01-2017, 02:47 PM
I chose the Vikings in the closed Beta before it was cool :(

Flippin_Finch
03-01-2017, 02:59 PM
I cant w8 for all that ranting after end of season:

"OMG UBI WHERE IS MY SEASON REWARD???"

"I DIDNT KNOW I FORFEIT MY REWARDS WHEN CHANGING FACTIONS AFTER 1 ROUND".

I've been viking for 3/4 of round 1 and switched to Samurai so i can get dem cosmetics at th end of season for my Shugoki.

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 03:01 PM
I chose the Vikings in the closed Beta before it was cool :(

We will remember you are one of the OV's (Original Vikings) :D

I grew up playing with these guys, I was always going to be Knight faction ...

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/images/lego_knight.jpg

DrExtrem
03-01-2017, 03:04 PM
We will remember you are one of the OV's (Original Vikings) :D

I grew up playing with these guys, I was always going to be Knight faction ...

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/images/lego_knight.jpg

I know that feeling

P4ntoufle
03-01-2017, 03:09 PM
[...] It should be based on the character for a start, If you use a Viking and your on the Viking team then Viking War Assets should be worth more and if your using a different character from your faction your war assets should be worth less. its only an idea, one thing for sure, I wont be annoyed if I forget to put war assets down anymore

I totally support this idea ! :) I play warden and I'm Knight-side. It should worth more than when I'm using champions from other factions.

Well who says barbarians are going to win. A lot of playerbase changes will probly occur by then. But yeah some will probly switch to winning side but who cares they obviously are lame people anyways.

+1

That glitch is already the history [...] The sad reality is that if you didnt choose vikings you chose wrong.

Maybe we (Knights and Samoura´s) could play "together" in order to smash down Viks' skulls and send them all to Valhalla ?
We just need to defend our kingdom respectively and attack as one - unstoppable force - the last day of the round.

Faction war is... whatever it is, I do not trust that it is not rigged in some way, I do not believe viks are better (that though is just incopatible to my observation). Worthless until Ubisoft finds enough courage to release some info about the Faction War and how they balance out the different member numbers.

You could assume that the map or the "war factions" is kind of unfair and Ragnar and his kin get the better of it.

To me, there are simply more Vikings players.
Just check the resources deployed and the graphs, they don't even need to get the +20% bonus to totally kill the game.
Everytime they have the highest rate of ressources deployed.
And if you look closer you could see that once they get spoiled of few lands from a faction they almost instantly get them back and more.

Anyway, I will remain Knight until my last breath (when I will stop playing this game xD)

But definitely, we need from Ubisoft more intel about how this faction war works :)

Kharneth88
03-01-2017, 03:10 PM
I will be a Knight for every season that I participate in.

I was a Knight and we can in second and our reward was the equivalent of 1,000 Steel. If we came in 1st or in last I really wouldn't be any happier. It didn't matter before the rewards and it surely doesn't matter now.

I have a feeling the Season 1 rewards are going to be nothing special. If it isn't exclusive, it isn't ****. Anything they reward you with at the end of season 1 is something you could've earned along the way.

You think after playing for 120 hours over two weeks I really needed 2 crates? lmao.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Sadly the faction war will be killed by player apathy and unbeatable vikings before Ubi acknowledges there's a problem and fixes it.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-01-2017, 03:14 PM
I cant w8 for all that ranting after end of season:

"OMG UBI WHERE IS MY SEASON REWARD???"

"I DIDNT KNOW I FORFEIT MY REWARDS WHEN CHANGING FACTIONS AFTER 1 ROUND".

I've been viking for 3/4 of round 1 and switched to Samurai so i can get dem cosmetics at th end of season for my Shugoki.

No honour...

You wanted Samurai cosmetics at the cost of betraying your Valhalla brothers and sisters,,,treasonous treachery at the highest level for ehmm vanity....

Go back to your brothers and sisters and beg forgiveness.

Flippin_Finch
03-01-2017, 03:23 PM
No honour...

You wanted Samurai cosmetics at the cost of betraying your Valhalla brothers and sisters,,,treasonous treachery at the highest level for ehmm vanity....

I didnt want cosmetics for round 1 cuz if there even were such, I wont get those cuz I switched faction. I switched cuz I want proper Season rewards.

DrExtrem
03-01-2017, 03:44 PM
I didnt want cosmetics for round 1 cuz if there even were such, I wont get those cuz I switched faction. I switched cuz I want proper Season rewards.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

A lot of people do have that mindset. Samurai and knight factions will bleed players as predicted.

Not only trash players will leave. God plauers, who feel let down by other factors will also "howl with the wolves" ...

Iuslez_
03-01-2017, 03:48 PM
I will change at end of season, but for "roleplay/immersion" mostly. I joined samurai because I wanted to play Kensei, but I ended up liking my raider more. To me it makes sense to play for the faction of your main. It just looks stupid when you fight for say samurais vs knights, and my team ends up with 3 vikings, 1 knigts, vs 4 samurais.

Ubisoft should give an incentive (not force) to play for the faction of your main. Like +1 crate at end of round if you spent most hours on a character of your faction? or +x% xp if you play a character from your faction. Anything really that would make it a bit more immersive.

No honour...

duh didn't know that, the reward crate give you items with special cosmetics?

Flippin_Finch
03-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Quod erat demonstrandum.

A lot of people do have that mindset. Samurai and knight factions will bleed players as predicted.

Not only trash players will leave. God plauers, who feel let down by other factors will also "howl with the wolves" ...

You wit m8?

I joined Samurai, nit left them. And i did it for sake of getting rewards for class I play. No matter they win or not.

EffectedMink0
03-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Thats where you are wrong though, vikings are far from best. There is a systemic imbalance that vikings sweep under the rug so that they can flex their muscles and crap on everyone else because they cant lose.

Also you lost open beta (though I do concede that had the last turn played out in full vikings would likely be undefeated) so a loss inherently means you werent the best that round.

Vikings need a massive nerf in the faction war or else there will be no faction war. You dont see Jets, Bills, and Dolphins fans getting excited for the new season because they know the Patriots will crap on them all season long and then rub their god status in their faces all offseason. For Honor's faction war needs to not reflect that same level of win rate balance. Im not saying rig it against vikings for a while and make them assuredly lose the season, but I am saying that something needs to change fast or vikings will have the season win locked after round 3.

And how would that happen? Make Viking war assets count for less? Add a 50% chance that you'll attack your own territory?

RatedChaotic
03-01-2017, 04:07 PM
I blame the History Channel series "Vikings". Its causing a major surge in viking numbers(no im not serious). lmao. I love that show.

TripSin.
03-01-2017, 04:11 PM
If everyone joins the same vikings faction - everyone wins

don't let these incompetent french developers divide us

PilotRice
03-01-2017, 04:49 PM
First of all, I don't understand the "loyalty" thing in regards to faction choice. It is not like one faction is "Asia" and the other is "Europe" or something personally divisible like "home team". You can play any factions heroes regardless. For me, the choice of faction (made in Beta) came down to the one single variable among the factions: The shape of the Symbol. Any statements of "loyalty" is an entirely self-induced artificially-imposed delusion. Which shape do you prefer? Rectangle? Triangle? Circle? I liked the circle best because I could make emoji's out of it. Rectangles are nice for making flags or portraits. The triangle leaves little to work with. Besides this variable, there is NO OTHER reason to choose between the factions except if you change to be on the winning side.

The winning side will always be the side with the lower population of players. Why? Asset balancing. A small example would be if the Samurai had 10 members and the Knights had just 1, and the Samurai members get ~100 war assets from a victory, the single knight would gain ~1000 war assets per victory. With asset balancing, members of the side with the lower population are making higher and more focused individual asset contributions. So, using the example from above, if 8 members of the Samurai places their assets on 4 of the knights territories, one defended the Samurai territory and the last forgot to make his distribution, then after 10 Turns, the Knight would win. The odds of someone not making their contribution is increased with population density.

To summarize: Everyone switching to the Vikings would just shift the population density to make one of the other factions the lower population, and you'll end up still losing. This circles us back around to the opening statement... The only reason to choose a faction is for the shape of its emblem.

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 05:16 PM
First of all, I don't understand the "loyalty" thing in regards to faction choice. It is not like one faction is "Asia" and the other is "Europe" or something personally divisible like "home team". You can play any factions heroes regardless. For me, the choice of faction (made in Beta) came down to the one single variable among the factions: The shape of the Symbol. Any statements of "loyalty" is an entirely self-induced artificially-imposed delusion. Which shape do you prefer? Rectangle? Triangle? Circle? I liked the circle best because I could make emoji's out of it. Rectangles are nice for making flags or portraits. The triangle leaves little to work with. Besides this variable, there is NO OTHER reason to choose between the factions except if you change to be on the winning side.

The winning side will always be the side with the lower population of players. Why? Asset balancing. A small example would be if the Samurai had 10 members and the Knights had just 1, and the Samurai members get ~100 war assets from a victory, the single knight would gain ~1000 war assets per victory. With asset balancing, members of the side with the lower population are making higher and more focused individual asset contributions. So, using the example from above, if 8 members of the Samurai places their assets on 4 of the knights territories, one defended the Samurai territory and the last forgot to make his distribution, then after 10 Turns, the Knight would win. The odds of someone not making their contribution is increased with population density.

To summarize: Everyone switching to the Vikings would just shift the population density to make one of the other factions the lower population, and you'll end up still losing. This circles us back around to the opening statement... The only reason to choose a faction is for the shape of its emblem.

Nah that's your own opinion and highly subjective if not downright false.
I come from a culture that is overflowing with tales and legends of knights and am surrounded by references to them in daily life, including real castles in every direction I turn.
Others are Scandinavian and identify strongly with the Vikings as it's part of their cultural heritage.
I think there was a lady posting that her husband is Japanese and is playing as a Samurai, in the thread about the Manji emblem.
So you couldn't be more wrong with your 'it is not like one faction is ... home team' comment.
Basically entire national identities are tied into these factions.
Now many people might ignore that for loot or just not care, but I know many do care.

TL;DR You picking a faction for superficial reasons doesn't mean everyone else is.

Ulfhedinn_.
03-01-2017, 05:20 PM
As a player, it doesn't make sense to me for us all to be on opposite sides. It doesn't benefit us at all to lose this glorified Facebook game, so we might as well just all join the same side and profit. It has NO impact, other than the occasional freebies every couple of weeks.

emoKittenCZ
03-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Well I went into the game in Closed Beta, could not choose the faction because in fact I love all the three. I choosed Samurai because of the emblem shape so I have Samurai since the Closed beta, during open beta, still being Samurai after regular release and I will keep to Samurai even if we will loose every round. Just because my emblem paintings suits this shape the best. If I will move to other faction, it will not be decided by winning or loosing the faction wars as it is commonly known that the one who looses before last days and catch up will win thanks to bonuses. So even if we can dominate the whole round, we will loose by the rules at the end. So I dont care about faction wars and wont leave my current faction.

To be honest, the most challenging and fun part of the game for me is not a faction war but trying to make real emblems in game from those in game pictures :) Creating real nations emblems, real region/country emblems, real city emblems... It is nice :P But I would like to have more possibilities to make even more precise emblems :)

Anyway I would like to see everyone moving to one faction what it will do with the game...and after that maybe ubi will do something with faction wars to be really enjoyable.

CarnivalLaw
03-01-2017, 06:08 PM
They need to make it so you only earn War Assets when playing a character from your chosen faction.

DrExtrem
03-01-2017, 06:12 PM
They need to make it so you only earn War Assets when playing a character from your chosen faction.

Or only half of them, when playing a hero from a different faction.

Prophit618
03-01-2017, 06:13 PM
I started out as Knight faction because my main and original alt were both Knights. I switched over to Samurai faction because my friends play that faction and we wanted to be able to all have the same emblem when grouping together. Even without them I'd probably stay away from viking for personal reasons.

Making one small change would greatly even out the playing field for faction war and it was already said earlier in this thread.
If you make it so you either get a bonus to assets for playing with someone of your faction, or you suffer a penalty to asset deployment for playing with someone off-faction, it would balance things a lot. I know about 75% of the viking faction players I run into in games are running Samurai, because Vikings are pretty clearly the worst overall faction from a character perspective.

I also think that Faction War needs some restructuring overall as well. To quote myself from another post (because I'm lazy today):

"The way it is set up now, we have 13 days of uselessness, followed by 1 fraction of a day that matters. This doesn't encourage people to care about the system. It actively discourages caring about it, as all the assets you deploy end up not counting for jack when the Vikings come in heavy in that last segment and take the whole thing.
To me Faction War should be handled more like dominion. You get escalating points for holding territories across multiple segments. Every time an update is made to the FW front, points are gathered for each territory your faction is holding. Each territory that was held during a previous update gets a streak bonus. At the end of the round, points are tallied to determine the victor. This makes the entire round matter, not just the end, and encourages strategic placement during the asset deployment, as some territories would inherently become bigger battlegrounds than others, based on wanting to break or gain streaks.
As it is, the FW is so minimal that there's no motivation for people to care, so why not just give up and join the vikings, where you can not care and still win based on one 7-hour period (or however long it is between updates)."

These two changes alone would go a great ways towards restoring balance to the Faction War.

ShadowFetus
03-01-2017, 06:28 PM
I chose the Samurai in both Betas and did the same when I picked up the actual game. I don't really care about the Faction War, and missing out on a maximum of 1000 steel just isn't that worrisome to me personally (we still got 1 box as a participation trophy I guess).

But I can understand people who do enjoy this aspect of the game, becoming frustrated with the current state it is in. Because it doesn't seem to have been well thought out, and there seems to have been plenty of time to fix this problem as this isn't the first, second, or third time it has been brought up since Betas.

Many people have already stated it, but the fact that only the last round matters is pretty poor design. You basically alienate anyone who is outside that particular window of time, as lot of people are working or sleeping when the only part of the Faction War that matters is actually happening. This causes imbalance as you literally have no say in what happens, you just get to log on and see what happened while you were unable to do anything that actually affected your faction.

FramboisMan
03-01-2017, 08:22 PM
I chose the Samurai in both Betas and did the same when I picked up the actual game. I don't really care about the Faction War, and missing out on a maximum of 1000 steel just isn't that worrisome to me personally (we still got 1 box as a participation trophy I guess).

But I can understand people who do enjoy this aspect of the game, becoming frustrated with the current state it is in. Because it doesn't seem to have been well thought out, and there seems to have been plenty of time to fix this problem as this isn't the first, second, or third time it has been brought up since Betas.

Many people have already stated it, but the fact that only the last round matters is pretty poor design. You basically alienate anyone who is outside that particular window of time, as lot of people are working or sleeping when the only part of the Faction War that matters is actually happening. This causes imbalance as you literally have no say in what happens, you just get to log on and see what happened while you were unable to do anything that actually affected your faction.

Pulling from another Thread:

Don't get me wrong, I understand how you are trying to justify what this "final day - most territory = winner" mechanic emulates but again. It is just a game. And all factions start out with the same amount of land and the same tool to conquer it. That's all they have and it renderes the entire process of gaining land over the campaign obsolete when your previous gains are nullified on the last day and only what is achieved that day essentially determines the outcome.

In the end its supposed to be fun and it is supposed to reward players for their repeated efforts over the course of two weeks not just the final day.

Take it step further and have that last-12-hours-of-the-round window be manually controlled by Ubi. Basically whenever Ubi decides the round will end will determine who wins the round.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594028-Shouldn-t-the-Round-End-at-6AM-EST

Capoupacap
03-01-2017, 08:45 PM
KNIGHT A DAY, KNIGHT EVERYDAY :rolleyes:

suboptiml
03-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Maybe we (Knights and Samoura´s) could play "together" in order to smash down Viks' skulls and send them all to Valhalla ?
We just need to defend our kingdom respectively and attack as one - unstoppable force - the last day of the round.

This is actually a somewhat viable response when one factions dominates. The two lesser sides could agree to not attack each other in the final 2-3 rounds. Or agree to not attack each other in some of the territories they share that are most removed from the dominant faction. Then they race to see who can gobble up the most of the previously dominating faction's territory.

It's not perfect, as everyone won't know about it, remember, care or will just be dumb. But with some decent organizing on Ubi forums, reddit and through a few youtubers, it could still be effective in making sure the dominating faction doesn't actually get to win. Then that faction will come whining to the forums!

Or it will quickly devolve into accusations of betrayal and backstabbing.

Either way: Forum Drama! Which we all benefit from.

Pain-Seeker
03-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Joined as Samurai will stay a Samurai . But after first round in which i ve put my assest by myself at the end of every game and actually thought were iam putting them just to see it being completly useless as everything was decided in last 2-3 rounds when i was asleep. Auto putting for me from now on

ParadigmFringe
03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Don't QQ, vikings are just better. we were best in open beta and we will be the best in season 1. reasonably certain there are just more people playing vikings than the other factions.

also, vikings are the most likely characters to ledge spam. they're far from the "best". they're just the highest in cheddar content.

m3gas_
03-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Forget the Season 1 being owned by the Vikings. It's most likely going to happen anyways. My question is what happens with the "war" as a whole when at the beginning of Season 2 where players can switch factions with no penalty and most people go to the Vikings for the rewards? Cause we know it WILL happen in mass outside of a small role-playing community...

xXl Plan B lXx
03-01-2017, 09:57 PM
That is exactly what I saw and couldn't get a screenshot of it completed in time.

People will change, no doubt about that if you know people at all.
Look at how greedy people are for rewards, even if those rewards are only superficial.
There's an increasing trend towards reward driven gaming, and some of the things I've seen people go mad about (Gold tank skin in BF1 anyone?) are crazy.

Maybe the glitch I got when I logged in last night is actually a sign of things to come ...

https://i.imgsafe.org/5d174bda09.png

xXl Plan B lXx
03-01-2017, 10:01 PM
I picked my faction solely because of the player that made the videos on the site.

TL;DR You picking a faction for superficial reasons doesn't mean everyone else is.

xTZ-
03-01-2017, 10:08 PM
It should be based on the character for a start, If you use a Viking and your on the Viking team then Viking War Assets should be worth more and if your using a different character from your faction your war assets should be worth less. its only an idea, one thing for sure, I wont be annoyed if I forget to put war assets down anymore
First of all your war assets are used even if you do not manually do it, secondly it is kind of balance in the way that the winning faction gets less assets and the loosing one gets more.

sSnapcity
03-01-2017, 10:10 PM
The good question is, why should i stay on the side of the looser Samurais, if the Viking hordes dominate every single time, and prolly will win the season one?
Im not sure if it's a lot or not, but i had 210k (prolly not to much, but i got a job so...) war assets during the round 1, and i can't imagine how much should i play to make a diffrence.
Well, i got my p4 character, and don't want to lose my reputation lvl, but im really considering to join for the Viking faction. Ofc in round 1 it was not a huge diffrence between the rewards (3-2-1 crates), but should be a huge diffrence at the end of season 1.
Even the first day of round 2 in faction war, the Vikings has already 30+ terretoryes, and Samurais around 10...it's a joke! :) Every1 should just join to the Viking and let's see what will Ubisoft doing with that....:)

Anyway, ofc at the end of the day, im gonna stay at side of the Samurais, but if the things keep going like this, then the Faction War will be pointless, coz it will be nothing else at the end of every season but "Let's rewards the Vikings again".

I don't want to cry like a bi**, i can accept when i lose, but Ubisoft really should do something about it. For example: Only the last 8-12 hours what is really matter at the end of the rounds. The end of the first round was after midnight in my time zone, so i really couldnt do anything about it, just log in the next day, and see, that we are the worst facetion, when during the round one we had more terretoryes than the Knights....so it's a little bit wierd. Basicly deploying war assets is pointless till the last day.

Any thoughts?

Change all you want. That just means each individual viking will get less assets

sSnapcity
03-01-2017, 10:18 PM

Any thoughts?

Change all you want. That just means each individual viking will get less assets