PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one....

Gillerd29
03-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Am I alone in thinking that you shouldn't be able to play any character you want? I think you should only be able to play the characters in your faction. It would have made the whole war seem more real I guess idk. Its like oh I'm fighting for the Vikings but I'm a knight or a samurai just does not feel right. If you could only use your factions ppl it would have made picking a faction a little more meaningful to me. Does anyone else agree or am I just crazy?

EothK
03-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Not crazy per se. Personally I think you should be able to play whatever class/hero you want. Personally I like Lawbringer and Bezerker.... so having to choose would be a problem.

But I do feel that only heroes from the chosen faction should add points to the Faction war, so I am Lawbringer main and he only adds to my Knight faction, whilst my Bezerker does not.

Alchemist-21-
03-01-2017, 04:46 PM
It would make sense for the faction war but any design that restricts the freedom of choice from the players is a bad idea (especially if they were already given the choices and they take them away).

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 05:23 PM
There have been several suggestions, and I agree, that there should be at least one mode where you have to play as a character from your faction. I think that would add a real sense of your faction choice mattering, a feeling of personal contribution, a feeling of pride and a feeling that we are at war, that there even is a war.

Just one mode, call it Faction War, make it 3 vs 3 vs 3 maybe and then let us fight it out.

Prophit618
03-01-2017, 05:27 PM
At the very least, you should get a penalty to your war assets when you play a game with someone outside of your faction.

I'm able to rationalize the Samurais fighting for Knights (and so on and so forth) as Mercenaries and the like, and from a fiscal perspective, I don't want to have 2/3 of the game I paid for locked off for 14 weeks at a time (or have to suffer never getting faction war results for switching). But there should be a little coercion at least to use people in your faction.

Of course, I say this as a Samurai faction player who mains a Peacekeeper, and alts Warlord and Valkyrie.

RatedChaotic
03-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Just one mode, call it Faction War, make it 3 vs 3 vs 3 maybe and then let us fight it out.

Good idea. I like it.

Gillerd29
03-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Not crazy per se. Personally I think you should be able to play whatever class/hero you want. Personally I like Lawbringer and Bezerker.... so having to choose would be a problem.

But I do feel that only heroes from the chosen faction should add points to the Faction war, so I am Lawbringer main and he only adds to my Knight faction, whilst my Bezerker does not.

Ok I can agree with you on the points for the faction war that at least would make me feel better about it.

xXl Plan B lXx
03-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Here is my issue with the stance that only knights fight for knights. Having played a few chapters of the game, and having been involved in war outside of the console world, peoples allegiances aren't just I'm fighting for X. They're fluid. Couple that with the fact that you have 12 characters at your disposal, and people like me who have favorites outside of the Knight Faction, wouldn't be able to play them. I'd have to change factions. To do that I'd have to give up all my rewards for that faction war and any future war during that season.

That's a big ask to just ensure that you're playing a character that resides in your faction.

Am I alone in thinking that you shouldn't be able to play any character you want? I think you should only be able to play the characters in your faction. It would have made the whole war seem more real I guess idk. Its like oh I'm fighting for the Vikings but I'm a knight or a samurai just does not feel right. If you could only use your factions ppl it would have made picking a faction a little more meaningful to me. Does anyone else agree or am I just crazy?

CarnivalLaw
03-01-2017, 06:02 PM
I agree with this.