PDA

View Full Version : High level conqueror

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-01-2017, 02:04 AM
Hi. I main conqueror. And I like him. I mean, what s not to like? Cool flail, big shield, big bully. So far so good. The thing is, at high level, in order to be efective, my moveset reduces almost to non: shield bash, block, shield bash, some heavy against the wall... and that is it. NO feint, NO parry, (you would only get yourself exposed most of the times...)
My opponents hate me, and I get it. Conq is a one note character. What I m trying to say is, every character has a very limited moveset. There are not many choices already when you open with an attack in this game BUT, feint mechanichs, that's what spice it up, right? Parry, feints, timing, that's what the game is all about... Except, of course, for conq.
So, I'd like to ask, is there a plan in the future to enlarge moveset, not just for conq, but for every character? Is there a way to improve the repetitive game mechanichs, especially with a guy who can not feint and could only attempt to win by spamming ONE move?
I know you may suggest to change my main but, I like him, and i'd like to know if we conqs can have some hope of not becoming spamming machines.
Thanks.

Vordred
03-01-2017, 02:06 AM
but there are things the conq can do that other classes can't do, and one thing no other class can do, which is safe parry attempts. which is really nice against someone that faints alot.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-01-2017, 02:13 AM
When you miss your timing trying to parry, (when your opponent feints) you will get yourself exposed, letting him parry you instead. You can cancel your attack by going turtle, but it costs a lot of stamina. Therefore, Parrying is not easier with conq, is harder.

Hogmin
03-01-2017, 02:15 AM
From what I've seen from the one (1) tournament I've watched.

Short answer: no.

Your only real source of semi-reliable damage seems to be the shield bash - > light / heavy +parries -> wall punish
And even then Assassins can sort-of punish your shield charge, but most other classes can't really manage it without putting themselves just as much at risk.

However, I'm no real expert, there might be a professional lurking who can tell you otherwise.

Vordred
03-01-2017, 02:16 AM
but thats what i was saying that the conq can do something, that no other class can do, if say they throw out a unblockable, with the counq you simply do the parry but hold down the button, that way if he fients all you do is start changing up your charged heavy. you can then block there next attack and let that charged attack fly, or simply cancel it if need be. and if he does go through with the attack you get a parry, so your safe either way

croute_chef
03-01-2017, 02:22 AM
Hi. I main conqueror. And I like him. I mean, what s not to like? Cool flail, big shield, big bully. So far so good. The thing is, at high level, in order to be efective, my moveset reduces almost to non: shield bash, block, shield bash, some heavy against the wall... and that is it. NO feint, NO parry, (you would only get yourself exposed most of the times...)
My opponents hate me, and I get it. Conq is a one note character. What I m trying to say is, every character has a very limited moveset. There are not many choices already when you open with an attack in this game BUT, feint mechanichs, that's what spice it up, right? Parry, feints, timing, that's what the game is all about... Except, of course, for conq.
So, I'd like to ask, is there a plan in the future to enlarge moveset, not just for conq, but for every character? Is there a way to improve the repetitive game mechanichs, especially with a guy who can not feint and could only attempt to win by spamming ONE move?
I know you may suggest to change my main but, I like him, and i'd like to know if we conqs can have some hope of not becoming spamming machines.
Thanks.

As a conq main I disagree, I use almost every move in his moveset :
- light attack is good for harassing enemy despite being slow for light it is still a good tool for catching an opponent whos trying to do an heavy attack, unblockable, etc.
- light and heavy attack cancel to full gard is used to bait step / parry
- light cancel to full guard to shield bash => fastest shield bash and it wall splats !
- zone attack is situational <= to finish an enemy after a heavy attack (2hp left cause heavy is 23 damages) (in this situation you can also try lights)

and of course heavy, charged heavy, dash shield bash etc.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
03-01-2017, 02:24 AM
Vordred, when you do that, not once, but a few times, your oponent learns and punish you by feinting and then grabbing. All I say is: turtle is the only way to be effective against really good players. I mean, I tried, but at prestige 6+ that's the only strat I could do in order to win. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to... But I couldn't do anything else just yet. Is there a video to prove me wrong? please send the link

Vordred
03-01-2017, 02:33 AM
well if funny that you didn't even seem to know about doing that a minute ago, but ok, so if you get pridictable and he starts GBing, just let go of the attack right after his feint and you will smash him in the face well he tries to GB.

or just don't hold down the button if you know he is going to go for a GB.