PDA

View Full Version : I'm kinda new here, so i would love some explanation about gear.

topeira1980
02-28-2017, 11:42 PM
I am rather low level in the handful of heroes that i like, and i get into matches with prestige 6 with gear score higher than my grandma's age.
but since im such a beginner and havent gotten high level gear yet i dont understand how much of an advantage does gear give you?
i see a lot of complaints about high level gear or gear catering into revenge and such but does gear really helps you win fight by upping every one of your stats or is it balanced to high level gear can make you really tanky but make your damage output very low, or make damage output and defense really low but up your revenge damage etc?

Zordrage
02-28-2017, 11:44 PM
I am rather low level in the handful of heroes that i like, and i get into matches with prestige 6 with gear score higher than my grandma's age.
but since im such a beginner and havent gotten high level gear yet i dont understand how much of an advantage does gear give you?
i see a lot of complaints about high level gear or gear catering into revenge and such but does gear really helps you win fight by upping every one of your stats or is it balanced to high level gear can make you really tanky but make your damage output very low, or make damage output and defense really low but up your revenge damage etc?

high level gear ( the epic gear after rep 3 ) have Huge gain with very minimal trade off

if you put your gear together well its a HUGE buff

but any gear befor Purple gear after rep 3 is weak and bad and barely make any difference.

TripSin.
02-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Pay Ubisoft $25 on top of the $60 you already paid for the game and you can get the ability to have constant revenge mode and 1-shot people. True story.

m3gas_
02-28-2017, 11:48 PM

Don't even mind the ramblings about gear, seriously. Play the game. Level up. Get the hang of your chosen hero or two (doing more at the same time is not advised) and by the time you can actually play them using more than the basic fighting mechanic you'll be at Prestige 3 where you'll be starting to get your own gear anyways.

high level gear ( the epic gear after rep 3 ) have Huge gain with very minimal trade off

You do realise gear actually takes away more in one area than is gives you in the other, right ? The revenge gain is the only thing masking the true trade offs.

m3gas_
03-01-2017, 12:17 AM
purple gives you two stats + and one stat -

Doesn't really matter that much if it even gave you + to 3 stats when it punishes you in another. So for example even if you have +10% in damage, speed and stamina pool, you still get -20% health and it will matter in a fight. As I said if Revenge wasn't such a huge thing we would all notice it.

FRAKTICA
03-01-2017, 12:19 AM

if you put your gear together well its a HUGE buff

but any gear befor Purple gear after rep 3 is weak and bad and barely make any difference.

All max-level gear (level 18) will have one full bar and one virtually nonexistent bar with the other in between. Depending on character type and play style, some of those trade-offs are significant. For example, on a blade, which do you want to be "zero" attack, defense, or stamina reduction, in order to have one bar at maximum? I would not characterize the trade-offs as minimal, but some certainly are depending on your other choices.

I bought some packages and upgraded gear at Rep 1; there is less of a trade-off in attributes on the blues IMO and you will have them until you get Rep 3 and go purple, so I thought it worth it (I bought steel, so using it at Rep 1 was NBD to me)...

Good Luck!

PhYcE-
03-01-2017, 12:22 AM
Gear is officially explained more here in the Dev livestream: https://youtu.be/ywiqxjE9rQI

42:34 Interview with Damien Kieken (Online Game Director) - Gear stats, revenge, and more.

Be careful of what information you trust on any Forum.

FRAKTICA
03-01-2017, 12:32 AM
Gear is officially explained more here in the Dev livestream: https://youtu.be/ywiqxjE9rQI

42:34 Interview with Damien Kieken (Online Game Director) - Gear stats, revenge, and more.

Be careful of what information you trust on any Forum.

Why the extra dot in YouTube?

PhYcE-
03-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Why the extra dot in YouTube?

Not sure, I copied the link straight from their video.

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 12:46 AM
Doesn't really matter that much if it even gave you + to 3 stats when it punishes you in another. So for example even if you have +10% in damage, speed and stamina pool, you still get -20% health and it will matter in a fight. As I said if Revenge wasn't such a huge thing we would all notice it.

False

weapon example

95% defense
70% attack
almost 0 stam reduction

Get shoulder armor with 95% Stam regen

there are lots of stats on gear that are SUPER bad and sacraficing them does not mean ANYTHING

almost every gear peace have a stat like this

Block dmg
Stam cost reduction
Debuff reduction ( only good right now because its bugged ) otherwise worthless
Feat Cooldown reduction

so you can easily sacrafice stats to almost max out other ending up only as Gain with MINIMAL tradeoff at parts that barely even make a difference.