PDA

View Full Version : Leveling alts is impossible

Lorr-Rhedet
02-28-2017, 10:48 PM
You guys need to figure out something about matchmaking, and you need to do it fast. First of all, there's no reason to have THIRTY REP LEVELS and to hit max gear score at prestige three. Secondly, there's NO REASON that I, on a LEVEL THREE LAWBRINGER would be matched against a team of purp and orange rep 3+ with one prestige 2 on our team and the rest lowbies like me. What the **** were you guys thinking? If you're going to hype up dominion and give us class specific orders, then you need to figure out what the **** you're going to do with matchmaking and you need to figure it out fast. I feel sorry for anyone just now picking up the game, because matchmaking is a ****show. |

What you need to do is have people pick their champs PRIOR TO ****ING MATCHMAKING so it can match people based on LEVEL. Create brackets, like every other civilized game in the natural world. That makes ****ing sense, yeah? Why didn't you think of it? Who ****ing knows.

Zordrage
02-28-2017, 10:50 PM
one thing i agree with is that we dont need 30 rep level.... its pointless and the rewards are crap for it also.

10 should be the max and at 10 it should unlock something realy cool not just some generic stuff...

Gnarxly
02-28-2017, 10:51 PM
git good

Zordrage
02-28-2017, 10:51 PM
go duel, go brawl, go ai

thats just avoiding an issue instead of getting it fixed.

ParadigmFringe
02-28-2017, 10:58 PM
PvAI is your friend.

Gnarxly
02-28-2017, 11:06 PM
4v4 is NOT about fair play and even field, and it never will be.
Now get off forums and practice your skills. If for some reason you can't deal with your emotions when playing the game, than there are modes like 1v1 or vsAI that can let you bypass exactly what seem to be trouobling you. You're still not happy? Not enjoying the game? Maybe WoW than? Or even better, get your mind in order.

Munktor
02-28-2017, 11:45 PM
thats just avoiding an issue instead of getting it fixed.

It's pretty clear to me that the game intends for you to learn and develop your chars in 1v1 & 2v2 before taking them into the 4v4 modes.

FRAKTICA
03-01-2017, 12:03 AM
You guys need to figure out something about matchmaking, and you need to do it fast. First of all, there's no reason to have THIRTY REP LEVELS and to hit max gear score at prestige three. Secondly, there's NO REASON that I, on a LEVEL THREE LAWBRINGER would be matched against a team of purp and orange rep 3+ with one prestige 2 on our team and the rest lowbies like me. What the **** were you guys thinking? If you're going to hype up dominion and give us class specific orders, then you need to figure out what the **** you're going to do with matchmaking and you need to figure it out fast. I feel sorry for anyone just now picking up the game, because matchmaking is a ****show. |

What you need to do is have people pick their champs PRIOR TO ****ING MATCHMAKING so it can match people based on LEVEL. Create brackets, like every other civilized game in the natural world. That makes ****ing sense, yeah? Why didn't you think of it? Who ****ing knows.

Leveling an ALT is EXTREMELY easy and fast in this game if you use your head...just think about it!

TCTF_SWAT
03-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Why not just play vs the AI or go duel and get some practice in? What's the issue?

ghostirq
03-01-2017, 12:46 AM
Oh bo ho

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 12:52 AM
It's pretty clear to me that the game intends for you to learn and develop your chars in 1v1 & 2v2 before taking them into the 4v4 modes.

i think its the oposite XD

its waaaaay easyer to play 4v4 because the casual zerg mind sets then the more competitive mindset people use in 1v1 2v2

Tocki92
03-01-2017, 12:55 AM
Casuals prefer game modes like dominions or elimination. It's the thing in each game, the more player, the more casual. The less players (1vs1) it gets more competitive.
So tell the casual he should stop playing casual, because Ubisoft ****s up the matchmaking;)
Casuals are the majority, I wouldn't ignore that. Piss off the majority and bye bye game, was a funny start.

B3NNS
03-01-2017, 01:02 AM
The fact that you need to level a character to reputation 3 to start receiving heroic gear is stupid.

Scavenger crates cost the same no matter what level you are. If you already have a reputation 3 character, you shouldn't have to level another character to reputation 3 just for that character to start receiving heroic gear. This isn't a mmorpg so this entire regrind thing makes no sense at all.

The reason you don't see people play on new classes is because of this very reason.

Mathonn
03-01-2017, 01:18 AM
The reason for 30 rep levels is that some people will stick to one Hero and so they give them a way to continue earning little trinkets for a long time. The continued rep levels don't improve character stats and they don't hinder the opposition so they're simply an option for those that prefer one class. If you don't want to level that high, don't.

As for balancing based on individual hero rep, who's to say that those lowbies you're with aren't leveling a second character, or that those higher rep guys are any good at actually playing the game? A system that simply matches rank to rank does not weed out overmatching players, it only serves to minimize the pool of players to pull from. Rep relates to time played, not necessarily ability of opponent.

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 01:19 AM
The fact that you need to level a character to reputation 3 to start receiving heroic gear is stupid..

You know you can do that in a week? Or less.
How long would you like it to take, a couple of hours? 15 minutes? Free for buying the game?
Honestly, what ever happened to the concept of working for your gear ...

Gray360UK
03-01-2017, 01:22 AM
As to the OP, levelling alts is no problem at all.

If you have a main that can handle the PvP orders while you level your alt in P vs AI Skirmish, Dominion and Elimination then you have nothing to worry about.

Totally new players though, well I don't know who they get mateched against, if you are brand new and get matched vs Rep 3 gear 108 then that is wrong.

But I don't know if that happens.

The_B0G_
03-01-2017, 02:48 AM
If revenge builds weren't so broken this wouldn't be an issue, 1v1 fights shouldn't charge revenge, even with top end gear.

Vordred
03-01-2017, 02:51 AM
they did say in the live stream they are award of the gear problems and revenge builds, and plan to fix it so there is hope in the long run. but yeah at the moment levelling a new character is really frustrating

Gnarxly
03-01-2017, 08:53 AM
The fact that you need to level a character to reputation 3 to start receiving heroic gear is stupid.

Scavenger crates cost the same no matter what level you are. If you already have a reputation 3 character, you shouldn't have to level another character to reputation 3 just for that character to start receiving heroic gear. This isn't a mmorpg so this entire regrind thing makes no sense at all.

The reason you don't see people play on new classes is because of this very reason.

We do see people playing new classes every day, what are you smoking...

Gnarxly
03-01-2017, 08:59 AM
they did say in the live stream they are award of the gear problems and revenge builds, and plan to fix it so there is hope in the long run. but yeah at the moment levelling a new character is really frustrating

I think it's fun.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 09:23 AM
go duel, go brawl, go ai

Um, you get matched against the guys with 90% win rate if you're 90% win rate on one character, and you try out a new one. So on my level 1 character I'm trying to learn, I'm fighting the same group of people I fight on my Zerker with 85% win rate. Why would duel be any better?

This is absolutely ridiculous. I suck with characters until I learn them, and there isn't any real viable way to learn, other than just jumping into a game after you practice the moves.

puzonyyx
03-01-2017, 09:24 AM
Can you guys tell me what's the best way to level alts? Playing with AI? Which mode? How much XP less we gain for AI games than PvP?

The_B0G_
03-01-2017, 09:31 AM
Can you guys tell me what's the best way to level alts? Playing with AI? Which mode? How much XP less we gain for AI games than PvP?

Just grind it out, by the time you hit level 3 rep and get good gear, you'll be wrecking people. Thats what happened with my LB.

puzonyyx
03-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Just grind it out, by the time you hit level 3 rep and get good gear, you'll be wrecking people. Thats what happened with my LB.

I have rep 5 on Conqueror but I want to try other heroes. Just don't want to play with skilled and geared people with my new char.

So again: what's the fastest way to make rep3 with my alt?

Kaotic_CipherTV
03-01-2017, 09:59 AM
It can be frustrating but you just need to power through it, it will only make you better at each class.

When i start a new character i go to bot practice lvl 0 and learn the moves and then i go into matches.

Honestly the fastest way to level a character is to do the orders with them.

I have a rep 5 108gs orochi, rep 1 warden, rep 1 zerker, lvl 11 kensei (hes next to rep 1)

Trust me i understand the frustration against revenge builds as a fresh character but you can still win and you can still learn. I also did this without buying gear before rep 1. All my gear on new toons is purely end game loot. Makes it a little more challenging, but i still find myself doing decent at the end of a game. I may not be number 1 (sometimes i am) all the time but i definitely have the skill to block, parry, and dodge.

You can do it, just power through it and youll be a better warrior for it.

Good Luck!

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Uhm yeah then go versus ai or to practice mode until you learned the character. Not the games fault.

AI is harder than most players if you have the win rate to be matched against level 3 bots.

Practice mode doesn't give exp, and doesn't teach you how to play.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Winning and losing gives around the same xp and most orders can be completed without winning, giving a huge boost. Bots level 3are completely and utterly easily to abuse. Parry, gb, and throw off a ledge. Works 100% reliably.

Lol, no. You're not fighting level 3 bots with your 50% win rate dude. Regardless, you get crap xp for fighting bots and it would take someone far longer to level up fighting them. You also aren't learning anything because bots play nothing like real players.

The_B0G_
03-01-2017, 10:41 AM

The LB was my second character... I think the fastest way IS grinding it out, if you have friends that are good that would be the best way for 4v4 modes, you get less xp per win when playing AI.

If you can sweep people 3 wins in a row in duel and brawl consistently that might add up to being faster.

Munktor
03-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Lol, no. You're not fighting level 3 bots with your 50% win rate dude. Regardless, you get crap xp for fighting bots and it would take someone far longer to level up fighting them. You also aren't learning anything because bots play nothing like real players.

FYIBTW, the world's first to Rep 30 did it fighting bots 100%.

DOM vs AI is the fastest XP with champ boost due to the speed in which you can finish a round (roughly 4mins if you're good enough).

So yes, playing against players provides more XP, but it's slower leveling because going against players takes an average of 10-15mins per round.