PDA

View Full Version : Is controller re-bind possible on a PC?

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 08:31 PM
Has anyone been able to figure out any way to rebind controllers (gamepads) on a pc?

Braegulfer
02-28-2017, 08:34 PM
Has anyone been able to figure out any way to rebind controllers (gamepads) on a pc?

Yes, you can do it through Steam "Big Picture Mode" if you're playing on steam. I don't think you can if you're playing directly through uplay.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about uplay.

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 08:36 PM
Yes, you can do it through Steam "Big Picture Mode" if you're playing on steam. I don't think you can if you're playing directly through uplay.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about uplay.

I am in fact playing on Uplay, Joy2Key perhaps, has Ubisoft said anything is it legal or not to use J2K with their games?

Currently it is impossible to do fainting with a gamepad, as you need your right thumb on the stick, while feinting is the B key, which is the furthest away from the stick, it's simply not possible to perform feinting with original setup

yenboi3025
02-28-2017, 08:47 PM
I am in fact playing on Uplay, Joy2Key perhaps, has Ubisoft said anything is it legal or not to use J2K with their games?

Currently it is impossible to do fainting with a gamepad, as you need your right thumb on the stick, while feinting is the B key, which is the furthest away from the stick, it's simply not possible to perform feinting with original setup

If that was the case you'd never be able to counter gb either.

The above statement is not true.

Braegulfer
02-28-2017, 08:49 PM
If that was the case you'd never be able to counter gb either.

The above statement is not true.

Well, he may be using a scuff controller like I am which allows us to rebind guardbreak and dodge to underslung paddles (beneath the controller) so we only need to leave the right analog to feint. I re-bound feint to clicking the r-stick for awhile, but ended up prefering it in its default location.

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 08:52 PM
yes. you cant feint at all if you're using gamepad. oh wait.no,you can
those treads about controls is just silly,if that would be the case there would be no reason to play with controller over kb&m
but almost every top player plays with a gamepad. theres no difference. if you're good - you're good. dont try to find out why u cant beat someone

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 09:01 PM
yes. you cant feint at all if you're using gamepad. oh wait.no,you can
those treads about controls is just silly,if that would be the case there would be no reason to play with controller over kb&m
but almost every top player plays with a gamepad. theres no difference. if you're good - you're good. dont try to find out why u cant beat someone

False, every "pro" high level player right now plays only with keyboard, no mouse, as you can set up in a way that will allow you to "lawnmover" faint spamming with PK / Berserker / Orochi and just outright kill ur oponent without them being able to do anything, its on exploit territory but this story is for another time.

Look at the XBOX one controller

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/11/dsc6281-zf-0498-58860-1-008.jpg

It is insanely inconvenient when you have to do GB, Dash, and especially fainting, since your right thumb can either control the right stick for directional guarding, or press one of the XYBA buttons, and in that time you have to leave directional grabbing unatended, and it adds to the delay because your thumb has travel time between switching like this, its insanely hard, if you have XBOX Elite controller its easier since you can rebind your paddles to take some of the load of your thumb, but on normal setting - forget it, KB lets you setup in such way that you have separate fingers for GB, dodge and especially faint-spamming, this is a serious issue on a PC exclusively, because Keyboard-Only players physically have tenfolds mores of reaction time over GamePad users

Don't even attemp to argue with a straight face that 1 thumb using a controller with the standard setup (XBOX Elite controller is a different story) can maintain the same reaction levels while controlling the stick for directional guarding, dodging, grabbing, and feinting, when on keyboard you can set up in a way that you'll have a separate finger on each guard direction , dodging, grabbing, and fainting at the same time - all the time.

XBOX One ELITE controller fixes the issues, but it also costs nearly 200 dollars, but I personally can't afford that right now.

If gamepad users could actually change the settings to for example X - left block, Y - top block, B - Right block, A - guard break, and drop the right thumb-stick completely, then it would be a completely different story, but as it is right now, the difference in reaction time allowance is just not even in the same ZIP code

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 09:15 PM
im sorry. last 200dollars tournament on pc won a guy who played warlord on controller,he fought pk who played with controller. ur point? who is the pro? you can do everything with controller just as with keyboard,you can spam feints because (yo) feinting heavy is not instant. you need to windup your weapon before feint,thats enough time for you to move your thumb from right stick to B button(although im playing with ds4). Dont bring up facts thats complete false.thats just silly.

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 09:16 PM
if you want me to believe in your words,just show me a video of a pro player that does some crazy feints that cant be done using controller.

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 09:28 PM
im sorry. last 200dollars tournament on pc won a guy who played warlord on controller,he fought pk who played with controller. ur point? who is the pro? you can do everything with controller just as with keyboard,you can spam feints because (yo) feinting heavy is not instant. you need to windup your weapon before feint,thats enough time for you to move your thumb from right stick to B button(although im playing with ds4). Dont bring up facts thats complete false.thats just silly.

I am sorry, it's not even that you are wrong, but it's that you haven't even begun to comprehend where the issue is, if you are playing on a PC, grab your keyboard, set it up using directions in this thread ( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594002-is-playing-for-honor-with-only-keyboard-recommendet ) ( these are not the best I've seen, but a good start for testing purposes ), and once you are done researching then come back here, I'm not even trying to be condecending, I'm honestly saying that this is currently over your head since you are not aware that recently this is being used / abused whatever you wanna call it by more and more people (PC exclusively obviously)

In essence, people are using keyboards as giant, rebindable gamepads, that allows them to set up keys in a way that reduce reaction timing to alarming extents, and PK's can simply lawnmover using this because mashing guard zones, heavies and feints can let you do feinting 2-3 times per second , LOL , its insane.

And also don't forget that this removes some other margins for errors, like for example using a stick you can mess up and not hit the correct guard zone, for example if you want to do overhead but accitentaly pushed stick to diagnal position and not vertical, game can do side attack instead, this is completely removed by setting guard zones to dedicated buttons on keyboard

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 09:53 PM
im going to ask again. link me a video of PK triple feint in 1 sec using a keyboard. All your words are just a water. Linking me another thread like that is just silly and doesnt prove anything.
how can you claim something and give no proofs?
Im assuming you didnt read my previous words,but anyway.
2 people. Finals. 200$ . PC. both using gamepad.
explain me that

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 10:02 PM
2 people. Finals. 200$ . PC. both using gamepad.
explain me that

You are pretty much asking "explain why 200 years ago everyone was riding horses and now we are driving cars"

Easy - discovery & inovation.

The game was new, and gamepad was a no brainer at that time, because people didn't have time to explore other possibilities, now other ways of gameplay have been discovered and need developers attention.

I honestly refuse to believe that you are so ignorant that when you see a post like this you don't rush into training mode to test it out if it gives you advantage or not, my personal theory is that you are already aware of this and probably been using for quite some time, and only throwing confetti in my thread to distract people from an existing advantage.

I can assure you it will not do you any good, because any innovative man or woman has already rushed to training mode after seeing this threa.

If it's not your cup of tea, I understand, but please go be ignorant somewhere else, because covering your eyes and ears and shouting "lalalalala I can't hear your", will not undo the fact that it's not only doable, but everyone who knows about it including me has been using it and will continue using it, untill Gamepad remapping is released

TournyMasterBot
02-28-2017, 10:03 PM
I think if you're using uplay, you can use the account link to steam, then launch through steam for big picture mode. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I bought through steam so can't actually test if it works.

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 10:04 PM
I think if you're using uplay, you can use the account link to steam, then launch through steam for big picture mode. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I bought through steam so can't actually test if it works.

Interesting, I will research this, thank you for suggestion

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 10:05 PM
tourney was yesterday. You claimed best players play exclusively on keyboard
are you on something? am i speaking to the child?

p.s.
im not the one who likes to play with ******ed advantage. ubi should get rid of kb only style of play.
only thing comes to my mind like that is scripts in dota like for invoker.
Some people claim it gives HUGE advantage,but in fact only for bad players.
im out

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 10:08 PM
tourney was yesterday. You claimed best players play exclusively on keyboard
are you on something? am i speaking to the child?

Ok, I've tryed reasoning, but since this thread is way above your IQ and comprehension levels, I'm forced to ignore your comments onwards, best of luck

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 10:10 PM
lul. please give me a real video of someone doing 3ple feint with pk in 1 sec
isnt that something that proves your theory of keyboard gaming?
you cant,you just ignore words you cant answer.
such a child. whatever.be good with ur 50% w/r on kb

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 10:12 PM

Ok so there is no way to add Uplay games to steam, but from what I understand you can still add non-steam games to Steam and still get the overlay etc, I'm wondering if this will also let change the keys on controller

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 10:13 PM
lul. please give me a real video of someone doing 3ple feint with pk in 1 sec
isnt that something that proves your theory of keyboard gaming?
you cant,you just ignore words you cant answer.
such a child. whatever.be good with ur 50% w/r on kb

For the last time - go try it yourself if you own a keyboard, and stop embarassing yourself, this is my final reply

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 10:21 PM
Do you want me to upload a video of me feinting 3 times at MAX speed with pk into light attack with all 3 direction used for you to close this stupid thread?
using ds4

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 10:40 PM

So I've added forhonor.exe to my Steam as a "non-steam game", and it seems like its allowing me to use the interface and also allowing me to change the input keys , sort of like using gamepad to send keyboard command, this is actually even better if it works, I'm about to go and test, I'll let you know, if this works, man you're a Saint

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 10:59 PM
I agree that if a player is good in one controlling method, he can win no matter the controlling method. I agree that everything is achievable on controller just with fast fingers gamers usually have. But I really dont agree that just because some 200 dollars tournament won a man with a controller over a man with a controller, that the best players uses only gamepads!

And please...this thread is about whether it is possible to change bindings on pc gamepads or not, so stop flaming this offtopic title. It is really boring scrolling through 3 pages offtopic to see if someone really answer the OP's question.

Yes, it is possible to change gamepad bindings through FH's configuration file.

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 11:06 PM

Which file is that?

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 11:08 PM
I agree that if a player is good in one controlling method, he can win no matter the controlling method. I agree that everything is achievable on controller just with fast fingers gamers usually have. But I really dont agree that just because some 200 dollars tournament won a man with a controller over a man with a controller, that the best players uses only gamepads!

And please...this thread is about whether it is possible to change bindings on pc gamepads or not, so stop flaming this offtopic title. It is really boring scrolling through 3 pages offtopic to see if someone really answer the OP's question.

i never claimed that best players are using only controller.
i mean that using controller doesnt strict you from playing at full potential.
that dude insisting that using controller is worse then keyboard.
Game has her own limits. Right now speed of fingers are faster then the game allows,so i dont see a reason to make an idea that something is better for people that using controller,which this guy does.

MassiveD.
02-28-2017, 11:20 PM

Omfg thank you! It totally worked, I can't believe it :D it's gonna take some time to set it up in order to squeeze out the maximum advantage out of this, and probably a week to reprogram the brain to not grab the right thumbstick anymore, but I can already feel the power, I tried PK lawnmowering and it totally works, even better than on keyboard actually, just still my brain wants to grab the right stick , grrr :D but once I can overcome that, the sky is the limit, thank your for a trully brilliant suggestion

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 11:26 PM
i never claimed that best players are using only controller.
i mean that using controller doesnt strict you from playing at full potential.
that dude insisting that using controller is worse then keyboard.
Game has her own limits. Right now speed of fingers are faster then the game allows,so i dont see a reason to make an idea that something is better for people that using controller,which this guy does.
Yea, as I told, I agree with that it doesnt matter what you are using, only how skilled with that controll method you are.

Which file is that?

legacygamepads_user.ini in Documents\My Games\For Honor

MassiveD.
03-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Yea, as I told, I agree with that it doesnt matter what you are using, only how skilled with that controll method you are.

legacygamepads_user.ini in Documents\My Games\For Honor

Keep telling yourselves that sunshines. The next time when your girlfriends tell you not to worry because size doesn't make a difference, spoiler alert - it does. Just like how controlling 5 buttons with 5 fingers as oppose to 1 finger makes all the difference in the world for your reaction time.

Not to mention that unless you can grow 3 extra fingers out of your thumb - controlling 5 buttons with 1 finger you won't even be able to do some properly advanced moves like orochi zephyr into direction switching heavy into faint into grab, and boy there are more advanced fakes than this.

Altho to be fair, that can easily be fixed by remapping your gamepad controls or using a keyboard.

No matter, stay ignorant all you want, I've got my answer thanks to the guy who actually contributed to the thread unlike you 2, the thread can be closed now.

Bye!

emoKittenCZ
03-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Lol
if you failed in remapping your gamepad by the way ubisoft provided with full detailed guide than it is your problem
if you failed in skill or slowness of your fingers it is also your problem
if your size is small, it is your problem
the only one ignorat man...or maybe a boy there are you so bye bye, wont help you anymore