PDA

View Full Version : You removed the population count in social.

Drekle
02-28-2017, 05:53 PM
They player population has been removed in the social tab. This is most important to the community as it gives us some sense of how the game is doing and directly will affect matchmaking in terms of time and balance. This only hides information from us. Why would you do this?

Panzer_Cmndr
02-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Didnt know they had such a thing....

HarambeVendetta
02-28-2017, 05:58 PM
This is a really bad move, it should come back, without it we can't know the state of the game.

Drekle
02-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Didnt know they had such a thing....

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/170412655656905161/E652384BD7EACA8F4AF6538403C9B433669B7FCF/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black

Now it only shows friends.

Xynrex
02-28-2017, 06:19 PM
they removed it because the player count was dropping hard.

RetroStyIe
02-28-2017, 06:34 PM
they removed it because the player count was dropping hard.

this.
They would only show positive player counts, but when it gets negative then they will very conveniently remove it.

EvaDenVille
02-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Maybe because the player base went down to 20k from 70k at mid sunday in just one week.

HarambeVendetta
02-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Most likely but that is bad reason to remove it, we have every right to know the state of the game.

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 06:48 PM
In Closed Beta the counter showed about 80 k players. In the Open Beta the counter showed about 100 k players. In the release I didnt see more than 40 k players.
If they hide the population counter just because the shame, then it is really bad way they choose to go :/

Panzer_Cmndr
02-28-2017, 06:56 PM
Yeah, if it were removed to hide declining numbers, that would be a bad move on Ubis part. Wonder if they will post a reply to this?

Valtaya
02-28-2017, 06:59 PM
I actualy did wonder why it is there in the first place and when they will remove it... for anyone to see how the numbers drop is actualy like a snowball, visible dropping numbers result in "vloggers" and others to show off and say how bad the game is doing, resulting in less sold copies.

SpringReborn
02-28-2017, 07:13 PM
They removed it because the number was declining drastically, just as their company. That's what they get for focusing more in getting money from people rather than focusing on making quality products. It's a bad business habit always catches up to a company and brings them several heavy consequences, one way or another.

HarambeVendetta
02-28-2017, 07:27 PM
We should try and keep this thread on the front page in my opinion.

SpringReborn
02-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Definitely. People need to know what ubisoft is trying to do us.

Kharneth88
02-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Bush did 9-11.

Gnarxly
02-28-2017, 07:31 PM
I don't care about that number as long as my queues are nearly instant like they are now (pc).

Fa3r.
02-28-2017, 07:33 PM
This is the first company that I have ever had such a distasteful chain of experiences with that led me to boycott any further products. I wish I had not purchased the game like my first instincts told me. I'm unable to get a refund from my vendor. Never have I felt so ripped off with a video game purchase. So much greed is apparent in this title.

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 07:34 PM
They removed it because the number was declining drastically, just as their company. That's what they get for focusing more in getting money from people rather than focusing on making quality products. It's a bad business habit always catches up to a company and brings them several heavy consequences, one way or another.

Need to say that... you cannot say this just because FH is not well made title yet costing like an AAA title. Ubi is great company with several teams developing many games at the same time. Yes, I read a lot about watch dogs 2 fail etc., but still I have a lot more Ubi games where are not as bad.. ;)

Anyway I agree that showing low population counters is counter advertisement if it relates to a pure multiplayer game...

SpringReborn
02-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Need to say that... you cannot say this just because FH is not well made title yet costing like an AAA title. Ubi is great company with several teams developing many games at the same time. Yes, I read a lot about watch dogs 2 fail etc., but still I have a lot more Ubi games where are not as bad.. ;)

Anyway I agree that showing low population counters is counter advertisement if it relates to a pure multiplayer game...

Its not just for honor. Its also the division, watch dogs 2, the 2 last assassins creed, and from the beta i can tell wildlands will be the same. In all of them they have focused on revenue over quality. It used to be just a massive downgrade of the game's graphics (like in watch dogs 1). But now they go for the aproach in which they actually make the game look astonishing but the gameplay is utter crap. Not to mention their heavy focus on microtransactions.

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Same thing happened with CoD. Game is dying and they try to hide it, and in the attempt only worsen suspicions.

Drekle
02-28-2017, 07:47 PM
They removed it because the number was declining drastically, just as their company.

Yeah I'm told watchdogs 2 didn't do that great, though I liked the campaign. For Honor is not doing amazing. And Wildlands Beta was reviewed worse on steam than For Honor is.

Drekle
02-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Same thing happened with CoD. Game is dying and they try to hide it, and in the attempt only worsen suspicions.

CoD had a free weekend recently. I don't have the game and never watched a review. I wouldn't even install it based off of the steam reviews being in the 30's or something.

nf_Straydog
02-28-2017, 07:51 PM

bad business habit always catches up to a company and brings them several heavy consequences
You mean like topping sales the week of its release in both the UK and Japan, raking in tons of cash, plus whatever they made from the 1,000 peacekeepers and conquerors who paid for flaming shoulders? I don't think For Honor's quality is particularly awful in the spectrum of good games to bad games, but it's a huge fallacy to assume that delivering low quality products equals low profits. In fact it's quite the opposite. The number one thing that determines profit is cost efficiency, not quality. Huge successful businesses perpetuate this lie that consumer driven capitalism rewards the companies who produce the best products, but in reality it rewards the companies who can cheaply produce reasonable facsimiles of quality products and market them well.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Console numbers are still pretty good.. 46k online atm (xbox) and peak hours still get around 70k.

Munktor
02-28-2017, 07:59 PM
The conspiracy theorists are "out" today lol.

You guys know the patch isn't on either of the consoles yet right? This means you can still see the population count for XB1 and PS4.

If they were trying to hide the population count in general, they'd have timed the removal for all 3 platforms at once.

I'm sure it's some other reasoning.

Besides, PC gaming can die for all most companies care. It's the console market that is driving the industry.

troops_2015
02-28-2017, 08:12 PM

You guys know the patch isn't on either of the consoles yet right? This means you can still see the population count for XB1 and PS4.

If they were trying to hide the population count in general, they'd have timed the removal for all 3 platforms at once.

I'm sure it's some other reasoning.

Besides, PC gaming can die for all most companies care. It's the console market that is driving the industry.

Ah yes, because marketing would never be used to fix a flaw.

'Yves Guillemot, the CEO of Ubisoft, was quoted in the company's third-quarter 200809 sales report as saying "as some of our games did not meet the required quality levels to achieve their full potential, they need more sales promotions than anticipated."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

emoKittenCZ
02-28-2017, 08:12 PM
Its not just for honor. Its also the division, watch dogs 2, the 2 last assassins creed, and from the beta i can tell wildlands will be the same. In all of them they have focused on revenue over quality. It used to be just a massive downgrade of the game's graphics (like in watch dogs 1). But now they go for the aproach in which they actually make the game look astonishing but the gameplay is utter crap. Not to mention their heavy focus on microtransactions.
If I speak for myself, I can agree with the division disappointed me a bit, but it was not as bad. Have the assassins creeds but could not play them yet due to lack of free time :D and what comes to wildlands beta, even it is not as optimized as I would like, I liked it and preordered it, so I hope it will not be as bad :D But yes, I am shocked how one team can make a game which has some details in beta and the other one have problems to even add the detail after some patches in regular release...

Wow, CoD is still played? Were playing in from CoD1 to CoD4 in competitive scene leaving the game as they destroyed it completely. :( So many years lost :D

You mean like topping sales the week of its release in both the UK and Japan, raking in tons of cash, plus whatever they made from the 1,000 peacekeepers and conquerors who paid for flaming shoulders? I don't think For Honor's quality is particularly awful in the spectrum of good games to bad games, but it's a huge fallacy to assume that delivering low quality products equals low profits. In fact it's quite the opposite. The number one thing that determines profit is cost efficiency, not quality. Huge successful businesses perpetuate this lie that consumer driven capitalism rewards the companies who produce the best products, but in reality it rewards the companies who can cheaply produce reasonable facsimiles of quality products and market them well.
Topping sales means nothing. They got like 300+ k owners on steam, another group of buyers on ubi, xbox, ps, but why it should be a top seller in release day if a month after release it is played by 20k ppl?... Look for for example Rust copies sold and look on their development team count. Credits of For Honor are almost infinite while having multiple times lesser sells, because if you cannot sell the game over time, it will not be very profitable. However, microtransactions may safe the profit. If they will keep players.

yenboi3025
02-28-2017, 08:43 PM
They really shouldn't have had it in the first place...

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 08:46 PM
Ah yes, because marketing would never be used to fix a flaw.

'Yves Guillemot, the CEO of Ubisoft, was quoted in the company's third-quarter 2008–09 sales report as saying "as some of our games did not meet the required quality levels to achieve their full potential, they need more sales promotions than anticipated."

What the hell does that even mean? They didn't make enough sales, so that's the reason their games were bad? So if we all buy Wildlands, it'll suddenly not suck terribly?

Sieger300
02-28-2017, 09:04 PM
thats just bm. Numbers didnt decreased that much tbh. I saw 70k during last turn of the round yesterday. And it was prime time only for murica.
120thousands was second day of the release. Yea well that was kinda obvious that release days will be the highest played days of all time.
average numbers now is like 30-40thousands which in my sight is pretty damn solid. and thats just a pc

Drekle
02-28-2017, 09:06 PM
They really shouldn't have had it in the first place...

Why?

frank1ller
02-28-2017, 09:16 PM
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/170412655656905161/E652384BD7EACA8F4AF6538403C9B433669B7FCF/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black

Now it only shows friends.

29895 online :)

AlsoaTV
02-28-2017, 10:20 PM
Bumping out of interest

Munktor
02-28-2017, 10:25 PM
'Yves Guillemot, the CEO of Ubisoft, was quoted in the company's third-quarter 200809 sales report as saying "as some of our games did not meet the required quality levels to achieve their full potential, they need more sales promotions than anticipated."

Translation for the business-mind challenged, "Some products didn't sell as well as hoped, so we need to discount them."

BTW, has nothing to do with marketing and you've failed to address my actual point. Why wouldn't they schedule such a "master plan" to roll out on all platforms at once? Especially when consoles are the market they have the most invested in?

Drekle
03-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Bumping out of interest

+1. Did anyone get an answer on this? I saw a couple of posts.

PandaCDN
03-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Um...Console patches come later cause they have to get approved by the other companies first...not to mention consoles currently have 2x the amount of players than PC so why would they want to try to hide solid numbers.

When i was keeping track just before the patch, WEEKDAYS normally it was about 23-25k on steam + 4000-5000 from Uplay which worked out to be around 27000-30000. This was during NA CST primetime.

Now the patch came out about 4 days ago only. Yesterday NA CST prime time, there was 18000 on steam, then add about 3000-4000 from Uplay, you get about 21000 to 22000. Again a weekday, but still theyve lost about 6000 to 8000 players give or take..in 4 days. I think mostly cause people had higher expectations for this patch to fix the glaring issues and right now according to the latest dev interview they are still "considering" things. So we wont get a patch for a while. Will be interesting to see how much it drops by next week.

The game is 2.5 weeks old and it went from 65000 to 22000 during primetime. I think thats pretty obvious they would want to hide that.

teksuo1
03-04-2017, 07:41 PM
I thought this kind of counter was a questionable idea...
But once you commit to having the feature on release ; you need to keep it there for good.
removing it when it pleases you is just shady af.

Ontari
03-04-2017, 07:50 PM
>Be Ubisoft
>Ignore complains of the users
>Think that P2P is so cool
>Know that people will still buy this, no matter the price
>Give them crap
>Continue ignoring the biggest problems of the game
>Be happy because you are sill rich
>Already work on For Honor 2, with NEW EXTRA FACTION, and "improved P2P"
>Repeat.

Drekle
03-04-2017, 09:47 PM
So the Community page for For Honor (http://steamcommunity.com/app/304390/) will always display the player count for PC players. I'm not sure if xbox or PS4 have a feature like this. Player counts are recorded from steam here...

http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/player-count

Shows that the game is dipping below 10k concurrent users at times. Wondering what happens when the user base is so low that matchmaking struggles, or whether we are there already. Either way I support a steam sale sooner rather than later, preferably after a big patch.

x LethalNoodle
03-04-2017, 10:42 PM
http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

Also a good insight.

I wouldn't worry until the consecutive playerbase is at 2000 or lower at any given time. Seeing as all gamemodes are only 8 players in one game max we will be fine for a nice long time. No need to spell your doom scenarios just yet.

x LethalNoodle
03-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Oh and for everyone who is going to argue with me. Halo Reach has a playerbase of 600-1000 and I still get into a match within 2 minutes there.

Nomir2016
03-05-2017, 02:12 AM
thread was sudenly at 3rd page, it need to stay at front page, because this behvaiour from devs, hidding something is fishy!

GoodOldSalty
03-05-2017, 02:20 AM
It's UBI, I dont expect anything less shady than this ****.

GamerBucketXbox
03-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Who cares? As long as I can still play vs others. I dont really care if the numbers are in 4 digits. It's a game that requires 8 people to play on the same map. Or....You can play 2v2, 1v1. So....If 2,000 players are online? You do the math of possible matchups.

Not to mention the core playerbase of top tier players are extremely strong with Discord, and grouping.

This game will settle with its own click community and the debbie downers will eventually vanish. Happens in every game, and every company.

Bon voyage

PandaCDN
03-05-2017, 03:56 AM
Who cares? As long as I can still play vs others. I dont really care if the numbers are in 4 digits. It's a game that requires 8 people to play on the same map. Or....You can play 2v2, 1v1. So....If 2,000 players are online? You do the math of possible matchups.

Not to mention the core playerbase of top tier players are extremely strong with Discord, and grouping.

This game will settle with its own click community and the debbie downers will eventually vanish. Happens in every game, and every company.

Bon voyage

Ya, totally agree. Why bother having a game that can attract and keep new players when you can just keep the niche community of 1000-2000 players. The top tier can have their own lil community that instead of addressing developers on the glaring issues, why things are done this way and possible solutions, just say who cares and bon voyage to any chance at a huge playerbase in a well balanced game.

Ill P.M you later cause i got some magical beans to sell you, they might not work as intended but im sure youll be happy none the less.

MOSS-Burningup
03-05-2017, 04:01 AM
On PC you can still tell going by Steam if Steam says 17k there's probably around 6k at least playing on Ubi so you're at 23k. When Steam said 40k the Ubi counter said 50k if I remember right so about 25 pct or so play on UPlay not Steam.

Thief183
03-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Last time I managed to check the number it was Friday or Thursday, and it had 70k player duringe the afternoon, not that bad... actually quite a huge number (on PC). They probably removed it for thiis reason btw:)

GamerBucketXbox
03-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Ya, totally agree. Why bother having a game that can attract and keep new players when you can just keep the niche community of 1000-2000 players. The top tier can have their own lil community that instead of addressing developers on the glaring issues, why things are done this way and possible solutions, just say who cares and bon voyage to any chance at a huge playerbase in a well balanced game.

Ill P.M you later cause i got some magical beans to sell you, they might not work as intended but im sure youll be happy none the less.

Game is pretty well balanced. The best communities are niche ones. Just look at the forums of any game before it settles. Looks like cancer. Just like this one.

Keep the beans though. Maybe you can get a refund on them after you get one for FH.

See? I know sarcasm as well. It's so fun.