PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client – February 28 Update

Ubi-Johan
02-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Hello Folks,

Today we released a patch for the Uplay PC Client including a new chat window that makes it easier for the user to keep several chats open at the same time. You can find this new feature in the clients navigation bar.

Changes in this release:

A new Chat button can be found next to the Friends button in the top right of the client. This will give you quick and easy access to all of your conversations in one window
We’ve made some changes to the way games are pre-loaded. In some cases this will help minimize the size of any additional data needed once the game becomes playable
Using the “Go Online” option will now override “Always launch in Offline mode” causing the client to run in online mode the next time it is launched

Bug fixes:

Fixed Actions and Rewards not loading for games that are not yet playable
Fixed certain instances in which the “Remember Me” function was not working correctly and displayed a false error message about incorrect log in details
Fixed the activation window not disappearing after clicking “Ok” when activating a free game/demo/beta from an external link

Additional Notes:

For users that are missing VoIP chat please be aware that it will be returning in the near future

We hope that you like the new patch and we welcome any feedback that you might have!

You can give us feedback directly on the official Uplay feedback forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1027-Feedback-amp-Suggestions).

- The Uplay team

xamon288
03-10-2017, 02:08 AM
Hi there Ubi-Johan, good update.
Is Uplay going to have new features added such as in game web browser, screenshot sharing, time tracking for all games, in client profile, etc, in future update (maybe near future)?

Lamdiel
03-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Hello,

when will it be turned on again? Actually it fkd up my recording settings in Rainbow. Alternatively, where can I adjust the settings manually?
(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600773-What-happened-to-the-Uplay-client-s-voice-chat-settings)

Greetings

Ubi-Johan
03-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Hello,

when will it be turned on again? Actually it fkd up my recording settings in Rainbow. Alternatively, where can I adjust the settings manually?
(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600773-What-happened-to-the-Uplay-client-s-voice-chat-settings)

Greetings

Hello,

We have no current information of when this feature will be reintroduced in our client.

However, we released a update today that might have addressed the issue you have been experiencing. Make sure that the correct recording device is selected in Windows, and try again after having updated the Uplay client

Let me know if it still doesn't work!

/ Johan

Lamdiel
03-23-2017, 05:33 AM
Hello Johan,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the record settings still reset.
Recording device is selected correctly, the mic works in all other applications I use (Discord, Curse, TS)

Ortografy

VegasWasLit
03-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Hello, i've also wondering when it'll be back. I got a new pair of HyperX Cloud Cores after the Uplay update so i never got to switch it in my chat settings. I have tried everything including setting it to default device and disabling other devices. It used to work at one point then the whole mic icon just disappeared. The mic still works in discord and every other game. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

LardoFacchetti
06-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Hello Folks,

Today we released a patch for the Uplay PC Client including a new chat window that makes it easier for the user to keep several chats open at the same time. You can find this new feature in the clients navigation bar.

Changes in this release:

A new Chat button can be found next to the Friends button in the top right of the client. This will give you quick and easy access to all of your conversations in one window
We’ve made some changes to the way games are pre-loaded. In some cases this will help minimize the size of any additional data needed once the game becomes playable
Using the “Go Online” option will now override “Always launch in Offline mode” causing the client to run in online mode the next time it is launched

Bug fixes:

Fixed Actions and Rewards not loading for games that are not yet playable
Fixed certain instances in which the “Remember Me” function was not working correctly and displayed a false error message about incorrect log in details
Fixed the activation window not disappearing after clicking “Ok” when activating a free game/demo/beta from an external link

Additional Notes:

For users that are missing VoIP chat please be aware that it will be returning in the near future

We hope that you like the new patch and we welcome any feedback that you might have!

You can give us feedback directly on the official Uplay feedback forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1027-Feedback-amp-Suggestions).

- The Uplay team
Can't talk in game anymore, in fact it doesn't even detect my microphone...This update is complete garbage. You ruined the most important part of this game for me, thank you. Before you copy and paste the same message i've seen many times, Yes I already set my microphone has default, Yes I made sure my drivers were gucci, and yes it has nothing to do with me. Fix your stupid client please!:mad::mad:

Get_Banned_Boi
06-29-2017, 01:41 PM
It has been 2 months since you guys promised to let us adjust our voice chat settings in the uplay client. Guess what??? Nothing happened at all. I am still sitting here waiting for you guys to fix this problem. And what do you guys mean with ''The near future''. It has been 2 months maybe 3. Is that near to you guys or what. I can't even play my favorite game properly. Thanks ubi!!!!:mad::mad:

Ballmunch
08-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Its already almost half a year that you disabled this function and you still did not bring it back!!! I dont get my mic workin in Rainbow Six Siege so its useless to play this game...gg ubi...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

N4ziLoli
08-15-2017, 06:43 AM
So... VoIP chat.. When??

XDegg
08-16-2017, 12:27 AM
its now august 16:th and its still not the near future holy **** you guys think long term. so in about a year i will play siege again when you sort your **** out.

Ubi-gabelikes
08-17-2017, 10:37 AM
its now august 16:th and its still not the near future holy **** you guys think long term. so in about a year i will play siege again when you sort your **** out.

Saying "near future" was a poor choice of wording and I apologize that the wrong expectation was set. We weren't happy with how voip was functioning, which is why it was removed. Now we are making sure that VOIP is in a spot we want it to be before releasing it.

The Uplay VOIP settings don't effect VOIP in R6 Siege. So removing the VOIP from Uplay made it so you can't talk through the client, but will not have impacted your ability to use the R6 Siege VOIP. If you aren't able to use it, unfortunately that's not something we can assist you with and I recommend you get in contact with the game team.

/gabelikes

Dcuk_lord
08-23-2017, 09:45 PM
So how the F**K am i supposed to get in contact with the game team? This game has had so many flaws and this just makes it ****ing horrible!

Dcuk_Falcon007
08-23-2017, 09:57 PM
The removal of the Voice Settings in Uplay DOES impact the game and leaves me unable to select a recording device - a Setting, which apparently Rainbow 6 inherits from the client, since it doesn't have its own options on that. So far I have not been able to get the Microphone to work in game, and I can not check weather it's using the right device or not, or change ANYTHING at all towards the microphone settings - Because now neither the Client NOR the Game have any microphone settings. The settings in Game merely adjust Volume on VoIP, but do not allow for chosing a device, let alone changing anything for that matter, since all changes made to recording volume reset after closing the Options Menu without a correct device recognized by the game. Funny enough: All other Software on my PC recognizes my Default Mic, except for your Game and Your Uplay Client.

Killer-_-B3st
12-20-2018, 05:04 PM
thanks ubi thanks for this garbage upates ..... voip sevices are broken and you do nothing.