PDA

View Full Version : Loyal to your main?

ipm204
02-28-2017, 11:34 AM
I personally haven't played any other heroes besides my main. The only time I've played other heroes was during the campaign. I've mastered my mains combos, distance, timing, etc. Call me crazy but I worry that playing other heroes for a substantial period of time could hinder my performance when I come back to my main. I think, what if my timing is off when I return because I got too use to another hero? Things like that prevent me from switching it up. Does anybody else feel this way?

DrExtrem
02-28-2017, 11:40 AM
I am relatively loyal to my main but in order to learn how other heroes work, you should play with them.

My main in prestige 2 - level 9 ... Other heroes are between level one and 10.

Aarpian
02-28-2017, 11:45 AM
I'll be picking up lawbringer in a heartbeat once they fix him

Plutonium Bug
02-28-2017, 11:50 AM
I changed my main to the character that I kept losing too. And now I roll with her with a 78% win/loss and a 2.7 overall K/d my main had 56% win/loss and 1.8 k/d so big improvement for sure.

DrinkinMehStella
02-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Yea i am loyal to my main guy, got him to rep 3 with max gear score 108, every time i use another hero my performance is not great.

Tyrjo
02-28-2017, 12:05 PM
I main Valkyrie and have enjoyed playing her despite her problems. Hoping the fixes will bring her up to par with the better tiers.

Egotistic_Ez
02-28-2017, 12:14 PM
Including betas I played all the heroes to at least rep 1, then stuck with the one that suited my style the most. I may switch when they release new champs, but aside from that (and non-vanguard orders) I don't really play champs other than my raider. Legendary.

I changed my main to the character that I kept losing too. And now I roll with her with a 78% win/loss and a 2.7 overall K/d my main had 56% win/loss and 1.8 k/d so big improvement for sure.

So PK then?

Shoshone Vulpes
02-28-2017, 12:16 PM
One trick ponies are the people who can or will only play one hero/heroine. I'm trying to get 1 rep in each character, it would be nice if the match making wouldn't put me in games with people higher then rep 1 with 108 gear scores but mentioning the match making is off subject, I know.

Juleslives
02-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Yup i just got my main Kensei to rep 3 :) im good with others just like Kensei because everybody thinks he is weak but i rarely lose with him.

Per_Ole
02-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Not at all. I don't have a single hero over reputation 1, and I play actively on 6 different heroes, and sometimes I play a couple others as well.

Variety is the spice of life. I'm sure if I stuck with one I'd be a lot better, but I enjoy playing different heroes. This also leads to me getting matched with people who have really high reputation and gear scores, and I keep getting wrecked in dominion...

Plutonium Bug
02-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Nope Nobushi ;) Warden was my main always got my a** kicked by nobushi

PRAETORlAN
02-28-2017, 12:48 PM
I'll be picking up lawbringer in a heartbeat once they fix him

Same with me. Gave him a good amount of chance (Prestige 2), but feels week as hell still, so I'm back to Warlord until they fix him.
Tho I'm not entirely loyal to the Warlord either, if I get Vanguard / Assassin orders I try to do them.

feuerundblut
02-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Well, mmmh, I mostly main her. But please, don't tell her I have been a bit unfaithful. She might slit my throat while I'm asleep with one of those bloody daggers of hers :)

Obdach01
02-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Valk... always Valk. I don't care how bad she is situated atm. It's simply fun. I play a game to have fun. I compete in real life.
Often I get left alone in a team, as soon as the round is over, because everyone wants to play only with the competetive toons, but I couldn't care less. Got two buddys who really understood how valuable Valk can be in a team and she is fun for me to play.

I will stay loyal until I quit playing this game. Sure I will level the others... one day... but Valk is my love ;)

ThisHermitGuy
02-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Its good to change it up every now and then. My main is the Law Bringer of rep 4 1/2, then Warden & Conq of rep 1.

P.S. If you only play one Hero and you play brawl and was to slow to pick the hero.....What then? muahahaha

Earl_Lemongrab
02-28-2017, 01:45 PM
I am playing my main since Alpha. Never played another class in public matchmaking.

#proud(insermainhere)

PathlessMoss
02-28-2017, 01:56 PM
I main Conqueror. Love his defensive play style. Got to rep 3 and now have a full set of Legendary so I thought it was a good time to try out someone new.... Studied up on the Shugoki all day, went through bot training to fine tune the basics... It felt so weird playing such a different charecter. I tried my hand at duels and got destroyed... 3 rounds later I am back on my Conquerer with a new found respect for him.

Conqueror for life ;)

DrExtrem
02-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Yup i just got my main Kensei to rep 3 :) im good with others just like Kensei because everybody thinks he is weak but i rarely lose with him.

Kensai is not weak.

That's a big misunderstanding made by people, who only use heavy attacks.

Fuzzybutts
02-28-2017, 02:04 PM
I'm trying to have a main in each faction, but then i realized most of the knights are incredibly boring (warden), woefully unimpressive (lawbringer)), or just don't suit my playstyle.

I roll Warden/Shugoki/Nobushi and have raider as a pocket pick.

Brave_Thunder
02-28-2017, 02:19 PM
I started maining pk/orochi,then took kensei to rep 2 and finally found my true main in nobushi.Now I'm playng only her.I have a competitive mindset,wandering around with different heroes would mess with my muscle memory.

Gray360UK
02-28-2017, 02:19 PM
I don't really get the whole main concept in a game like this with 12 distinct characters, especially when that's where 50% (at least) of the content is. But a lot of people like to stick with a certain class and adopt that as who they are in the game.
I'm currently a Peacekeeper / Warden / Shoguki / Nobushi :D

EffectedMink0
02-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Conqueror main during open beta, Warlord main now. Trying to play both. Love the heavy characters.

Kharneth88
02-28-2017, 04:45 PM
Loyal to my main? Yes

Played Orochi until rep1 but wasn't very good with him.

Played Lawbringer until rep1 but wasn't very good at dueling with him (dominated dominion).

Played Warden until rep1 but didn't like shoulder bash.

Played Warlord until level 9 but didn't like the damage output.

Played Peacekeeper and loved her very much. The combination of learning the mechanics well already, learning many of the other classes, her aggressive and quick play style, and her perfect list of moves made her exactly the class I wanted to play. She had everything I needed and nothing extra nor anything missing.

She's nearly at rep5 now.

zwaggs33
02-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Pretty much just play main though I do have some levels in other classes.

Zv1k0
02-28-2017, 05:27 PM
I main one till i get to rep 1, so no i wouldnt say im loyal but to be good at the game you kind of have to play everyone so you know every single hero. Now im on 5th character after getting every Samurai to rep 1. My main main i would say is Nobushi which is rep 2 lvl 16. I will slowly lvl her up to rep 5 to get that psn trophy while I learn others.