PDA

View Full Version : Uncounterable guardbreaks?

PepsiBeastin
02-28-2017, 04:55 AM
Yes I'm aware of the strange behavior of guardbreak interrupt timing in actual pvp, but that isn't what this is about.I was ****ing around with the guardbreak training bot, and noticed that if the bot guardbreaks me mid-dodge, there is no window for me to counter it at all. Is this intentional? It doesn't seem fair against heroes that have to rely on dodges, mainly assassins.

TCTF_SWAT
02-28-2017, 05:04 AM
Yup, it's to prevent endless dodging. Want to stop people constantly dodging? Throw out Gb's. Gets em' everytime.

FunnyYaygerBoi
02-28-2017, 06:45 AM
There are some moments in your life you cannot counter GB:

- From the moment you start dodging until about half of a second after the dodge (unless you start an attack combo with the dodge)
- Right after being parried (unless you staggered a lot and move out of your opponent's GB range)

I might miss some cases

Altair_Snake
02-28-2017, 06:53 AM
In some cases you cant after being blocked.

And if you're deep into the execution or in the recovery of some attacks, I suspect you also can't.

Orolinwe
02-28-2017, 08:02 AM
- Right after being parried (unless you staggered a lot and move out of your opponent's GB range)

I thought this was true but I've seen Berserkers do it. Bug?

godseamonkey
02-28-2017, 08:21 AM
so this doesn't seem to work with all classes. for ex on valk when someone dashes and I try to grab em doesn't work.

either make it work with every class or make it work w/ non.

honestly I think you should be able to counter gb when your grabbed during a dash.

ArcheDemonm
02-28-2017, 11:26 AM
You can also free GB at the first frames of a heavy start.

And if you misjudge attack range and are stuck into recovery frames on ALL kinds of attacks

Aarpian
02-28-2017, 12:19 PM
When you can get a free guard break on dodging opponents varies by character.
For example if a conqueror dashes, you can actually get a free guard break after he's finished the dodge entirely. The peacekeeper on the other hand can tech guard breaks even during the dodge unless you catch her during the start of it.

PepsiBeastin
03-02-2017, 03:21 AM
I just fought a berserker and whenever I would try to GB, he would do the dumb dodge-swipe and my GB would bounce off even before he hit me. How is it fair that as an orochi, people literally slide across the ground to track me with a guardbreak, but a berserker and take one to the face while dodging and be fine? And yes, try dodging backwards from a GB as an orochi, the enemy hero slides across the gap to make up the space and successfully guardbreaks you.

Grimmyke
03-02-2017, 03:39 AM
Faster classes close quite a bit of distance during their GB attempt, where most heavier classes are practically nailed to the floor when they GB attempt. Theres a lot of hidden nuances between all the classes when it comes down to the GB system.
I wish they would explain these intricacies a bit more in depth somewhere in the game because right now you have to learn these nuances through YT videos or trial and error.

PepsiBeastin
03-03-2017, 02:02 AM
I've noticed that when fighting many heroes, including the conqueror, if I dodge backwards at the same moment they guardbreak, if I was in range of the break, they will shift forwards like 5 feet just for the break to actually work. This is complete ********! If I technically dodge it, the game shouldn't correct the player position so they can still get the break.