PDA

View Full Version : Do the Developers see Revenge Mode Gear as broken?

PS_D0G3
02-28-2017, 02:33 AM
Can we just get some clarification on whether or not the developers see revenge gear as broken? Ridiculous going up against 108 gear with all revenge stats. There is nothing you can do unless you manage to beat them without them getting 3 blocks in. (Blocks, not even parry...)

Want to know if it's time to completely abandon elimination and dominion. There are hundreds of threads on the absurdity of getting revenge so easily. Absolutely breaking the game. I rarely get matched with anyone below at least 80 gear.

Exaffect
02-28-2017, 02:35 AM
Revenge mode is fine.

PS_D0G3
02-28-2017, 02:36 AM
Revenge mode in 1v1 is fine. Absolutely not

Thief183
02-28-2017, 02:40 AM
It's so easy to keep distance in this game that revenge is fine as it is, just stay away for a little

Egotistic_Ez
02-28-2017, 02:42 AM
Revenge mode is fine.

It's so easy to keep distance in this game that revenge is fine as it is, just stay away for a little

Revenge mode is fine, revenge gear is not. In a 1v1 I get revenge up incredibly quick and then I essentially win. I can just wail on the enemy knowing that if he ever actually attacks me I can just press y and one shot him.

In Xv1s it's even worse. Unless someone grabs me the moment I use revenge my zone attack usually kills one or two people right off the bat.

Exaffect
02-28-2017, 02:46 AM
Revenge mode and gear is fine.

TCTF_SWAT
02-28-2017, 02:52 AM
You can't one shot people in revenge mode at full health. The best damage boost you can get I believe is,

Max atk=20% increase
max revenge mode atk= ??? (the base is 30% so I'm guessing 50% at max)
min defense loss= 10%

So in all that's would be 80% damage in one attack. Which the shugoki's charged heavy does 60. So that now deals....108 damage in one hit. Still not one shotting anyone at full health.

CaptainPwnet
02-28-2017, 03:20 AM
You can't one shot people in revenge mode at full health. The best damage boost you can get I believe is,

Max atk=20% increase
max revenge mode atk= ??? (the base is 30% so I'm guessing 50% at max)
min defense loss= 10%

So in all that's would be 80% damage in one attack. Which the shugoki's charged heavy does 60. So that now deals....108 damage in one hit. Still not one shotting anyone at full health.

You can easily one shot people in revenge with proper gear lol. I've seen a zerker top heavy hit me on the ground for 130 damage or so. Raider unblockable does 115 on ground as well. If you aren't 1 shotted it won't take any more than 3 hits before a max revenge geared player kills you.

Your arbitrary numbers don't mean anything especially since you don't even have a concrete value for revenge mode attack increase. But 1 shotting in revenge is definitely a thing once gear gets involved.

It's also not even the damage. You become almost unkillable once you start popping revenge. You see it all the time, PKs will just nonstop spam lights and zone cancels even if 2 other players are beating on them and you will be lucky to get the revenge overshield depleted by the time they have killed 1 or 2 players just through spamming. You can try to distance yourself but it doesnt matter cause they were still half health or more when they got revenge so they only need to block or get hit 2 more times and they have revenge again already.

Nobushi zone attack will 2 shot most people in max revenge gear as well. If you weren't full health for the first one you may be dead before the 2nd one is even needed lol.

Then you can also try to 1v1 them, but with gear you will get revenge in 1v1 almost 100% of the time before you die even if you let them hit you pretty much lol.

GewaltSam
02-28-2017, 03:33 AM
This is also the first time I would weigh in for a balance change. I love revenge as a mechanic, but if most if not all end gear heroes are specialized in revenge (and, to be honest, it's hard NOT to increase some of the revenge stats), then it gets kinda ridiculous. There should be a variety of different builds, not only those that are suited for doing some defensive actions and effing up the opponent with Super Saiyan mode.

Kaymmi
02-28-2017, 03:36 AM
I have an Shugoki with revenge mode gear at 98 and I can easily one shot heroes like Nobushi, Bezerker , Warden.
But only when these guys are greedy to kill me. Most of the experienced players stay away or keep using the guardbreak. And thats might be the best way as revenge is activated by damage or blocked atacks. The only problem is the lack of equality on those matches.

Allyrion8
02-28-2017, 03:45 AM
Interestingly in another thread, somone tested a full revenge build over a starter build and the difference wasn't only a few less blocks. But there's no video so I guess it's not conclusive. I might do a test myself to confirm.
(Source:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1591808-Actual-Gear-Stats-(Tested-with-Orochi)?highlight=Revenge+gear )

It's hard to gauge since both injury and block revenge happens in a real fight (attack too if traited) but injury is harder to gauge.

I agree that -
1) Its gain should be reduced in 1v1.
2) Matchingmaking could be better (though it will never know what hero you will pick)

I don't think it should be changed in Xv1 situations. It punishes people for zerging enemies without thinking.

suboptiml
02-28-2017, 04:42 AM
Video of somebody who made a gear score 108 revenge build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlyV2bIBwrs

He gains revenge incredibly fast. It lasts a long time. And it hits like a truck.

Revenge mode itself is fine. But the gain, heal, damage and duration amounts from gear can be stacked to a fairly ridiculous degree.

We_Wuz_Kongz
02-28-2017, 05:22 AM
Heroic gear is where things start to get stupid. If it was only one stat given and two stats severely lowered it would be fine.

CaptainGelo
02-28-2017, 05:46 AM
Playing new Hero, without my gear, i still get revenge very fast and do tons of damage.
Gear doesnt add that much, stop whining and blaming your lack of skill on gear
bye

We_Wuz_Kongz
03-01-2017, 01:54 AM
Playing new Hero, without my gear, i still get revenge very fast and do tons of damage.
Gear doesnt add that much, stop whining and blaming your lack of skill on gear
bye

You're just objectively wrong 108 gearscore characters who specialize in getting revenge and power while in revenge are just too strong. Getting revenge off 5 blocks in a 1v1 is just dumb. I 1v1'd a 108 warlord he revenged 4 times before he killed me with block damage. If Ubisoft based your gear drops off of total rep between all characters I think people could live with the current system. If they don't do anything new players are just gonna quit or refund the game and old players will feel less inclined to try new charcters. They may just quit since alot of people's duels are dropping just before they get xp and loot.

HarambeVendetta
03-01-2017, 02:11 AM
Revenge gear is not fine , everyone who says otherwise is clearly enjoying their 2 hit kill capacity a little bit way too much. It needs adjusting.

Vordred
03-01-2017, 02:12 AM
it was in the live stream, that they know about revenge and gear issues and plan to fix it

HarambeVendetta
03-01-2017, 02:14 AM
Really now?
That's great news.

Bob__Gnarly
03-01-2017, 02:17 AM
No variety in end game builds, everyone just builds for revenge. In a months time, everyone will be geared up and running around in constant revenge mode and spamming knockdowns and zone attacks, sounds like fun huh?

Vordred
03-01-2017, 02:39 AM
Really now?
That's great news. yeah though they did say they wouldn't change the way revenge builds (so it will still build in 1on1) they will try adjusting the stats first to see if that will fix it, and then if not move one to other solutions

MrForz
03-01-2017, 02:49 AM
Base revenge is nice, the gear that boosts it isn't. To activate it fairly quickly in 1vs1 through injuries makes the fights bland for the activation can be used as an insane deterrent that kills the will to fight altogether.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-01-2017, 02:52 AM
The only people who think Revenge mode is fine and the revenge gear is fine are the people who desperately cling to it as their only chance to be slightly good at the game.

You should not be able to go super saiyan after I hit you TWO times. That is BS and the fact that the gear makes it spammable is ridiculous.

It IS broken. It DOES need to be adjusted.

Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't want their crutches taken away.

Casper5632
03-01-2017, 02:56 AM
The fact you can get revenge mode in a 1v2 while exclusively taking damage, especially when you run into assassins who just spam their aoe attack once they pop revenge making them impossible to guard break, and most likely slaughtering anyone nearby unless one of them can parry the awkwardly timed aoe attack they use. It takes me with maxed revenge from defense a good 4-5 BLOCKS to get revenge in a 1v2, but I have seen assassins not block a single attack and get revenge before they die. Revenge should be an OH **** moment, not a "Oh there is more than one enemy near me, I guess its time to use revenge"

Bob__Gnarly
03-01-2017, 02:58 AM
The only people who think Revenge mode is fine and the revenge gear is fine are the people who desperately cling to it as their only chance to be slightly good at the game.

You should not be able to go super saiyan after I hit you TWO times. That is BS and the fact that the gear makes it spammable is ridiculous.

It IS broken. It DOES need to be adjusted.

Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't want their crutches taken away.

My gear is revenge orientated and I completely agree. It's just too much, there's no point in gearing into anything else. Taking on 1vX is actually easier than fighting 1v1.

Felis_Menari
03-01-2017, 03:04 AM
The devs in the...state of the game sort of video (called warrior's den I think, nearly two hours long) stated that they are taking a hard look at the revenge stats. They didn't say what will be done, but something *will* be done at some point.

Scythe-Of-Vice
03-01-2017, 07:43 AM
The devs in the...state of the game sort of video (called warrior's den I think, nearly two hours long) stated that they are taking a hard look at the revenge stats. They didn't say what will be done, but something *will* be done at some point.

This game will be dead long before enough fixes come into make it balanced in any meaningful way. Gear is a FRACTION of the balance issue right now. Just more visible because of the glowing super colors and insta gibs. Huge issue I agree, but just a small % of the underlying issues this game has. You could literally replace revenge with just an insta gib kill on one hero with lazors shooting out of your eyes and you'd have the same mechanic (actually it would probably be better *in the context of 108 gear vs 0 gear*).

There are about 2-4 characters that you can play with max revenge gear and just MURDER everyone around you.

If you choose low tier characters: Raider, LB, etc. no gear or skill will help you. Anyone who doesn't have a fast zone attack and quick lights is AUTOMATICALLY trash tier.

Combos are the biggest joke in this game for many classes. Raider three heavy combo! LOL. PLEASE FEED ME THE PARRY. You can talk about feints etc. however if you EVER let one off for real, it's a ****ing joke. The timing window is stupidly long after the feint window has passed...

Development will not come quick enough, balance will not come quick enough, this game won't be anything but die hard fans by 2018. Wardens and Warlords just spamming each other to death with lights and zone attacks in between headbutts and shoulders.

While I am sure no one reading this post would be "new" to the game. However if you start this game do not pick any Hero other than what is listed below:

Warden (fast lights / Bash combo ++ / fast zone)
Warlord (fast lights / Bash combo + / fast zone)
Noboshi (fast lights / bleed / fast zone / "kick combo/hidden stance")
PeaceKeeper (fast lights / bleed / fast zone)
Orochi (fast lights / fast zone)
Conquer (Bash Combo+ / slow lights / slow heavy)

Everything else is utter trash and the shugoki is gimmicky as **** with hyper armor - just a tacked on broken mechanic to make a **** hero otherwise semi playable.

NOTICE A FREAKING TREND?

Anything else and you are gimping yourself. Anything else, and by the time you get equal "gear" - you've already lost because other people with the gear just simply have better kits and tools to work with.

Game is fundamentally broken and will never be balanced.

This doesn't even take into account block switching speeds and other factors between characters.

Biggest joke in this game is Raider three heavy combo and Law Bringer's Book Chapter "finisher" (a ****ing 4 part combo). LOL. Get that LB combo off against anyone who has played the game for 6 ****ing second and isn't ****ING blind.

I wish I could reset my account to actually have fun with this game because the more I know and see, the more unbalanced and trashy it becomes.