PDA

View Full Version : How to "git gud" as the Lawbringer?

secrecy274
02-28-2017, 01:43 AM
Yepp, I'm swallowing the last of my pride here, I can't play the Lawbringer... like, at all.
Can't hit opponents, either the range is wrong and go right through them, or I get parried or blocked, even after a successful Parry on my part.
Block -> Shove -> Side Heavy doesn't work because they either block it or dodge away, or even break the chain with a Light Attack. Lets not even mention trying to use Top Heavy, that's a guaranteed way to get parried.

Block -> Shove -> Guard Break doesn't work 50% of the times, either they CGB, or the Shove simple pushes them out of my reach, giving them a free Guard Break or Heavy.
Heck, even Guard Break doesn't guarantee a hit with him, like most if not all other Heroes.
Lets not even mention all the times I get Guard Breaked in the middle of a combo.

I'm at a loss how to deal with dodge heavy opponents.
So, any tips/tricks for him?
I really want to learn how to use him, yet I'm can't seem to figure it out.

Might want to add that I defeat lvl 3 Bots without any problems at all, yet can't even win 50% in PvP.
I'm talking mainly Duel.

Kiiyor
02-28-2017, 10:19 PM
The problem with the LB is that you have have a lot of tools to bully your opponent, but comparatively few to land reliable damage.

This dude has some pretty good pointers, especially when he talks about mixups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haus6cVbpQs

LB isn't my main, but I got a lot out of that guide.

ArlianDeBias
02-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Step 1: Select your game type

Step 2: Select any character other than Lawbringer

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit.

Squ1dF4ce
02-28-2017, 10:47 PM
I feel your pain sir.

LB was my first character but in his current state you are only gonna get kills if the other person makes mistakes.

Essentially until they change something he is basically ''scrub benchmark''

Still fun to play in dominion/team fights tho.

ThePrincePipi
02-28-2017, 11:24 PM
I'm a lawbringer main and I kill a ton of people. True he lacks speed and some damage but I'm still able to land a ton of kills.

Get good a blocking and parrying, shove after every block(it's free). Play defensively and when you're able to drain their last bit of stamina with let's say a parry, get agressive. Throw them on the ground and land a heavy, throw them on the ground again as soon as they get up but make sure to check your own stamina too. Get some map awareness to push them in places and walls. A nice combo is GB ->side heavy -> shove. He's a very hard character to play because he is SLOW. Fast characters always have an edge in a fast reflex pacing game. There is no doubt LB does poorly against good PK and Orochis. Hell even warden can become an nightmare with their lightning fast top light and area.