PDA

View Full Version : A simple matter of "Git Gud"

RippingLotus
02-28-2017, 01:19 AM
A lot of the post that I come across on the forums are simply...Irrelevant. Now, don't get me mistaken, there are definitely some improvements to be made before ranked makes it's debut. But, a majority of it comes down to a matter of "git gud". Any character complaints that don't pertain to that of the Shugoki, irrelevant. Any that pertain to particular game modes, irrelevant. Here is why... I strongly believe that each character is unique in their own way, and each has a counter to them. Yes, some may be stronger than others. The Conqueror is literally a walking wall, with fast heavy attacks and light, and with a certain feat upgrade, his shield is able to do damage/heal him. The Beserker, or as I like to call them, "The Gods of the Feint" the only characters with the ability to feint light attacks and ability to chain a true infinite combo that takes no stamina. There are other strong characters such as the Warden, Warlord, and Kensei (and anyone who says otherwise on Kensei, obviously never fought a skilled one).

It all comes down to how well you are able to perform with your character of preference, in other words your "main". Believe it or not that character that you choose to prioritize when starting the game and whom you choose to commit to, will determine your initial play style of the game. Assassins would have the hardest of them, simply being due to not being able to hold their guard and being inevitably squishy. So really unless you have beta experience of the game your on the short of the stick. Those who committed to Conqueror and Warlord have very solid defenses in which you would have to work around (me being a warden, relies heavily on my top light and zone attack). Each character has something that makes them "strong". Your job as a player is to highlight this strength to cover your weaknesses. And for the people who accomplish this well, send majority of the community running to the forums to complain. I salute you for it.

The one thing I adore about this game is how quickly you are able to "weed out" the weaklings. That is for those who fall into the trap of the Warden's vortex easily, continuously getting shield bashed by a Conqueror, allowing a Lawbringer to push and guard break you repetitively, and allowing any assassin or Kensei to destroy you with side strafing attacks. These are all maneuvers to weed out those who's, to be blunt, a waste of space and not worth the effort to put time into a face off. The different levels of skill are what the majority are truly complaining about. Now, don't get me wrong, there are those who merely spam certain things and will attempt to exploit this. But, then again if you are "gud" enough you can shut it down relatively quick and then they'd be stuck with the alternative of either spamming a different attack or running to a teammate for support if one is available.

Sorry for the essay, please constructive criticism only. If you feel I'm wrong, tell me, and I'll reply back with support for my argument.

zeshoot
02-28-2017, 01:36 AM
A lot of the post that I come across on the forums are simply...Irrelevant. Now, don't get me mistaken, there are definitely some improvements to be made before ranked makes it's debut. But, a majority of it comes down to a matter of "git gud". Any character complaints that don't pertain to that of the Shugoki, irrelevant. Any that pertain to particular game modes, irrelevant. Here is why... I strongly believe that each character is unique in their own way, and each has a counter to them. Yes, some may be stronger than others. The Conqueror is literally a walking wall, with fast heavy attacks and light, and with a certain feat upgrade, his shield is able to do damage/heal him. The Beserker, or as I like to call them, "The Gods of the Feint" the only characters with the ability to feint light attacks and ability to chain a true infinite combo that takes no stamina. There are other strong characters such as the Warden, Warlord, and Kensei (and anyone who says otherwise on Kensei, obviously never fought a skilled one).

It all comes down to how well you are able to perform with your character of preference, in other words your "main". Believe it or not that character that you choose to prioritize when starting the game and whom you choose to commit to, will determine your initial play style of the game. Assassins would have the hardest of them, simply being due to not being able to hold their guard and being inevitably squishy. So really unless you have beta experience of the game your on the short of the stick. Those who committed to Conqueror and Warlord have very solid defenses in which you would have to work around (me being a warden, relies heavily on my top light and zone attack). Each character has something that makes them "strong". Your job as a player is to highlight this strength to cover your weaknesses. And for the people who accomplish this well, send majority of the community running to the forums to complain. I salute you for it.

The one thing I adore about this game is how quickly you are able to "weed out" the weaklings. That is for those who fall into the trap of the Warden's vortex easily, continuously getting shield bashed by a Conqueror, allowing a Lawbringer to push and guard break you repetitively, and allowing any assassin or Kensei to destroy you with side strafing attacks. These are all maneuvers to weed out those who's, to be blunt, a waste of space and not worth the effort to put time into a face off. The different levels of skill are what the majority are truly complaining about. Now, don't get me wrong, there are those who merely spam certain things and will attempt to exploit this. But, then again if you are "gud" enough you can shut it down relatively quick and then they'd be stuck with the alternative of either spamming a different attack or running to a teammate for support if one is available.

Sorry for the essay, please constructive criticism only. If you feel I'm wrong, tell me, and I'll reply back with support for my argument.
+1, well said Mate. Nothing to add.