PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find multi target fights more fun than the 1v1 mentality?

droper66
02-27-2017, 07:05 PM
I cannot stand 1v1 anymore, it is so predictable I cannot enjoy it. 1v1 to me seem more like training than playing this game to its fullest and it keeps you from mastering multi opponent combat.

With group fights you have to really be on your toes because anything can be thrown at you at any time by anyone. I am constantly thinking about position, who to engage first , how to engage and when. Throw in revenge and going off left and right on everyone and things get pretty crazy which I love. Once I mastered switching targets mid fight I no longer think in terms of 1v1 anymore and it seems so much more exciting to me jumping between targets like I do in other multiplayer pvp games. It also completely ruins the 1v1 strategy of wait for your opponent to attack since by attacking their ally you force their move.

dyrak55
02-27-2017, 07:12 PM
And it also always feels great when you parry three attacks at once

Duel is often decided by factor who is better player, meanwhile on gamemode like Elimination it also decided on location, pick-up boosts, heroes players picked, how good are enemy or teammates

I often get more fun out of gamemodes with multiple people, meanwhile i see duel (And by extension - brawl) as mode for more competitive play (Even item stats and abilities turned off for those gamemodes to ensure more fair play)

Casper5632
02-27-2017, 07:48 PM
1v3ing is terrible, as the players usually guard break when I am not looking at them, and the other swing while my guard is down. It is literally 3 people charging at me to get in range to guard break and the other 2 attacking right when the guard break goes through. This usually leads to a pretty quick and unavoidable death. When I am taking part in a 3v1 they usually cleave attack, interrupting my guard breaks, and then giving the 1 guy revenge over and over again until its a 1v1. I have seen enemies get revenge back to back because my team is just attacking wildly thinking that a 3v1 guarantees a quick kill

droper66
02-27-2017, 07:52 PM
1v3ing is terrible, as the players usually guard break when I am not looking at them, and the other swing while my guard is down. It is literally 3 people charging at me to get in range to guard break and the other 2 attacking right when the guard break goes through. This usually leads to a pretty quick and unavoidable death. When I am taking part in a 3v1 they usually cleave attack, interrupting my guard breaks, and then giving the 1 guy revenge over and over again until its a 1v1. I have seen enemies get revenge back to back because my team is just attacking wildly thinking that a 3v1 guarantees a quick kill

Your experience is something I think a lot of people are seeing. Unfortunately the game is designed in such a way that even odds do not happen often.

droper66
02-27-2017, 08:07 PM
And it also always feels great when you parry three attacks at once

Duel is often decided by factor who is better player, meanwhile on gamemode like Elimination it also decided on location, pick-up boosts, heroes players picked, how good are enemy or teammates

I often get more fun out of gamemodes with multiple people, meanwhile i see duel (And by extension - brawl) as mode for more competitive play (Even item stats and abilities turned off for those gamemodes to ensure more fair play)

Brawl is really confusing to me. I see it as a 2v2 match like any other pvp game, but everyone starts calling you names if you attack more than one player at a time. The game culture of brawl has this artificially rule set that has propagated itself into a norm. The game is called for honor though and I think people think it is somehow more honorable to fight 1v1 than 2v2, which makes no sense if you think about it. Also I suspect it has to do with players discomfort with fighting multiple targets at the same time.

Brave_Thunder
02-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Brawl is really confusing to me. I see it as a 2v2 match like any other pvp game, but everyone starts calling you names if you attack more than one player at a time. The game culture of brawl has this artificially rule set that has propagated itself into a norm. The game is called for honor though and I think people think it is somehow more honorable to fight 1v1 than 2v2, which makes no sense if you think about it. Also I suspect it has to do with players discomfort with fighting multiple targets at the same time.
On elimination between power ups and feats is all out war,but brawls are duels with another player to defeat after the first.No one likes to fight 2v1,the combat system shines in 1v1.

Sheynes
02-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Yeah, 2v1 is definitively funnier. It's easier for me to play 2v1 with revench than 1v1...

Gnarxly
02-27-2017, 08:37 PM
I like a bit of both. Its all fun, and honestly people boxing themselves into certain mentality are just robbing themselves of more fun.