PDA

View Full Version : The gear breaks this already unbalanced game so ****ing bad.

King_Mandu
02-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Prestige 4 Raider with high defense and I'm still dying in 3-4 hits. Headbutt spam from Warlord, Warden vortex spam, unable to block Peacekeeper light attack spam, broken guard break ,etc etc. A shame because the core game is really fun outside of all the ********. The amount of disconnections and frozen games (PC here) in a 2017 game is inexcusable. I got my money's worth but I think I'll be sticking to the occasional no gear modes from now on. Back to Nioh. :)

Yeah yeah, overdone topic but until something changes or we get some sort of communication, the devs need to keep hearing this over and over and over.

OIUHD
02-27-2017, 04:03 PM
I used to have a problem with PK light attack spam. Here is a hint, Press X (ps4) once to dodge back. Get some separation and you can actually win. You can Heavy hit to a stun tap and grab, push to the floor and raiders fury.

Warlord and Warden, you must dodge to the side. I know it is difficult.

King_Mandu
02-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the tip. I can dodge all those moves 90% of the time but I always seems to get sucked in by the Warlord's headbutt. I guess that's what I get for playing one of the lower tiered classes, lol :)

CaptainGelo
02-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Gear adds like 10-14% .-..
l2p

King_Mandu
02-27-2017, 04:15 PM
l2p

ltt

Nah. It breaks the game. Make gear purely cosmetic.

Flippin_Finch
02-27-2017, 04:18 PM
I suggest you all gear crybabies to try out 1v1 for few hours. For those revengegear crybabies mostly.

OIUHD
02-27-2017, 04:26 PM
ltt

Nah. It breaks the game. Make gear purely cosmetic.

I disagree on this. Yes, you may get high attack bonus from the weapon with high gear but you lose other stats.

I feel the gear here is balanced compared to other games where you just destroy someone if you are a higher lvl and have higher gear.

Keep your distance against the Warlord. You need to guard break him.

Braegulfer
02-27-2017, 04:51 PM
l2p

Look, I got no problem with the gear, but that's a wacky stat. Revenge build does a hell of a lot more than that.

Braegulfer
02-27-2017, 04:52 PM
I suggest you all gear crybabies to try out 1v1 for few hours. For those revengegear crybabies mostly.

Yeah, as soon as everyone stops exploiting my zerker by getting an auto GB off every ******* light attack, I'll go back since I prefer the duel modes, until then...eat my glowing yellow axe.

Drekle
02-27-2017, 04:53 PM
I cannot begin to play Valkyrie without gear...

Kharneth88
02-27-2017, 05:01 PM
Look, I got no problem with the gear, but that's a wacky stat. Revenge build does a hell of a lot more than that.

Do you even understand how stats work?

If you get a 100% damage buff for 50% of the time than you have a 50% damage buff, relatively.

People act as if Revenge mode lasts forever and is always happening. You do know that it is your fault that the enemy gets revenge, right? ALL that revenge gear is wasted when you and your allies decide to kill your foes in a 1v1 fight and can actually do it.

I can't tell you how many times I've been killed by a mediocre player with a high gear score simply because my **** ally came up and start wailing on them mindlessly, giving them revenge, and resulting in both of us getting two shot.

Countering revenge gear/mode is actually not very hard, but you need to learn how to do it. It doesn't just happen. Two players, both with a gear score of 108. The winner will be the one whose allies don't come to help.

Just last night I was playing against a 108 Peacekeeper who I'd consistently crush by myself, but my teammates were terrified of her, everytime they saw her they would tell everyone else and everyone would come running. She'd be fighting 2 or 3 people at once and crush them all. I had to keep telling them to leave her alone and not attack her so I could kill her, because when they came to help all they'd do is get me killed.