PDA

View Full Version : This game is just.

Lemonjuices_
02-27-2017, 02:24 PM
So i just got in contact with Ubisoft Customer support and was declined a refund due to having the game 6 days and played 6 hours in total.

The game is far from playable,
The MM is absolutely fubared.
The Servers are disgraceful and not only that Ubi has not said one word about a hotfix.

Working 14hour days i would love to just get home, play some for honor and relax. But the game is rage inducing, broken beyond repair and Ubi can not refund me the money i unfortunately paid for the gold edition.

This game is well and truly dead.

Now i know some of you do enjoy the game and have time to learn everything, but working 14 hour days does take its toll and i would just love to sit and play but with errors happening, friends cant join party and randomly getting kicked out of matches it really is disheartening that my hard earned money was wasted like that,

What do YOU guys think about the game, i want the good, the bad and the ugly.

spawn10459
02-27-2017, 02:28 PM
how is it dead?
I've never had to wait for a game. i guess its dead when there is 0 wait time.

does this game has a ton of issues.. with out a question.
Is this the worst game ive ever played. Not even close.

This game has a very very high learning curve. typically the people complaining about the game are the ones who have only played 5 matches and got stomped.

Lemonjuices_
02-27-2017, 02:35 PM
I never get 'Stomped' as you call it, but the game is in severe need of a revamp. What i don't understand is why have they brought a game out in such poor condition. Yes the Devs maybe working hard on a fix now but why can i not just get a refund.

I understand the people who have time to put into the game have a box standard 9-5 job and weekends free. While me, i have to work 14 hours and sometimes 15.5 hours and dont even get home till the very next day.

I just don't understand the game and why it rewards people who can either no-life or put time into it. They need to sort out the bugs and MM and then maybe just MAYBE it will be enjoyable again but for now. I will just stick with playing snake on my Nokia 3310.

Aarpian
02-27-2017, 02:46 PM
I just don't understand the game and why it rewards people who can either no-life or put time into it.

This is true of almost everything not just in gaming, but in life as a whole.

I think the only game I ever played that didn't reward dedicated playing was Utopia, an old browser-based game.

troops_2015
02-27-2017, 02:48 PM
They can refund you, they just don't want to.
Nobody wants to give money away but it's not a physical impossibility.

If your hardware meets min spec and is supported and you have working internet but don't expect to get a better performance out the game than you're internet can normally provide, then you have met your end of the bargain.

If you're unable to properly access a feature then they are not meeting theirs.

You can all ways try your bank or point of sale.

And keep asking really really nicely.

Lemonjuices_
02-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Yeah, i just rang them again. I am always polite to customer service because i too once worked in a call centre and you do see the horrible side to people over the phone.

I will just keep asking nicely and hopefully get somewhere.

And Aarpian i agree with you, but i just feel as a buyer that the game did not meet my requirements.

A shop has a 14 day return policy. Why cant games? If you are unhappy with a product within a certain time span then you should be entitled to a refund.

I just hope i can get the refund on a game that didn't give me what it looked like it would, otherwise i feel as though i have just wasted the money i work hard to obtain.

spawn10459
02-27-2017, 03:04 PM
the biggest issue with this game is the match making system. Matching a rep 2 vs a level 1 is a complete joke.

the game in its current state isnt that bad. BUT is it the best game in the wrold NOT even close.

Obdach01
02-27-2017, 03:28 PM
The problem I have with this post is only a single thing. I too, like you, have a 14 hour day. In need of sleep of 6-8 hours (depends on my physical state), leaves 2-4 hours. Take one more out for eating, taking showers and other small things, leaves 1-3 hours. The game is barely out a month. How is it possible that someone with 1-3 hours maximum playtime a day thinks this game is in need of a REVAMP? (not patch or something... a freaking revamp).

I don't want to be disrespectful, and I am by no means attacking. I am geniunly surprised, as I can put in 1,5-2 hours a day, and there is still 11 toons I have not touched yet and the one I do play is far from top level. To me, the game is just getting started.

And to your refund post. A game can be refunded within 14 days, as well. As long as you have a hard copy. And the shop is not interested in your playtime... you could've played 300 hours in those 14 day... or not a single minute.
On the other hand, a digital copy will get refunded if used LESS than 2 hours... be in 14 days or 6 months... but if you played more than 2 hours... you get the point.
Both have pros and cons.

Aarpian
02-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Yeah, i just rang them again. I am always polite to customer service because i too once worked in a call centre and you do see the horrible side to people over the phone.

I will just keep asking nicely and hopefully get somewhere.

And Aarpian i agree with you, but i just feel as a buyer that the game did not meet my requirements.

A shop has a 14 day return policy. Why cant games? If you are unhappy with a product within a certain time span then you should be entitled to a refund.

I just hope i can get the refund on a game that didn't give me what it looked like it would, otherwise i feel as though i have just wasted the money i work hard to obtain.

Oh I totally agree that you should be able to return the game, I'm just not surprised that Ubisoft won't let you because, well, it's Ubisoft.

Pope138
02-27-2017, 04:10 PM
So i just got in contact with Ubisoft Customer support and was declined a refund due to having the game 6 days and played 6 hours in total.

The game is far from playable,
The MM is absolutely fubared.
The Servers are disgraceful and not only that Ubi has not said one word about a hotfix.

Working 14hour days i would love to just get home, play some for honor and relax. But the game is rage inducing, broken beyond repair and Ubi can not refund me the money i unfortunately paid for the gold edition.

This game is well and truly dead.

Now i know some of you do enjoy the game and have time to learn everything, but working 14 hour days does take its toll and i would just love to sit and play but with errors happening, friends cant join party and randomly getting kicked out of matches it really is disheartening that my hard earned money was wasted like that,

What do YOU guys think about the game, i want the good, the bad and the ugly.

I work a standard 8 hours a day, but I only play on the weekends so I would say our game times match up close enough. I main a warlord and just hit rep 2. I haven't even touched the other characters.
I like this game so much that I'm in it for the long haul. I've learned all the Warlords moves/combos (I can do them in my sleep) but feel like I still have a long ways to go before I master him.
P2P sucks and I'm disappointed that a full priced game with microtransactions doesn't have dedicated servers, but the disconnects haven't been anywhere near frequent enough for me to give up on the game.
I think our experiences differ because I prefer to play one hero at a time and maybe I haven't experienced as many disconnects?