PDA

View Full Version : Item Management needs a lot of work, guys.

PlagueGripes
02-27-2017, 01:08 PM
So, today, I actually hit the item cap from just having one of every skin I've found so far:

http://i.imgur.com/ch7uaFP.jpg

Why do I do this? Well, you can't change the appearance of any item unless you have that item, and it's the same rarity as the other item. I'm not even sure WHY this item cap or system exists, as it doesn't even have any ties to the in-game shop or to the steel resource. It doesn't benefit the financial model at all.

Obvious solution: if you have ever SEEN the weapon skin at that rarity, you can apply it. And that's it.

Really, you should only have, reasonably, about three items per piece, since you have three loadouts. Requiring me to keep one of every item in the game if I ever decide I like the look of something is pretty unreasonable. It's only aesthetic changes, but really. Come on, now. It doesn't even benefit you to inconvenience players like this. It's just a foolish oversight.

Grimmyke
02-27-2017, 01:21 PM
a foolish oversight.

Last couple of years it seems like that has become Ubisofts modus operandi. Just one dumb oversight after the other, bordering really close on negligence and outright incompetence.
Used to make games for gamers, now they just fabricate games for a bunch of board members so they can buy their next expensive toy as fast as possible.

Felis_Menari
02-27-2017, 01:52 PM
I didn't think that there would be enough unique items to fill the inventory like that. Do Ubisoft studios not communicate with each other? The devs of For Honor simply had to look at The Division on how to properly handle aesthetic customization. You get it once, that's it. It's now a part of your vanity collection, separate from normal inventory, with no capacity limit to worry about.

zwaggs33
02-27-2017, 01:53 PM
So you keep a skin of every item in case you want to switch the skin of an item....but you already have the skins of all the items? So why do you need to change the skins of items to skins you already have?

PlagueGripes
02-27-2017, 02:01 PM
So you keep a skin of every item in case you want to switch the skin of an item....but you already have the skins of all the items? So why do you need to change the skins of items to skins you already have?

Because all their stat lines are different. If you want your helms to be -Debuff, +Revenge, ++Exhaustion and your new skin is ++Debuff, you're better off reskinning versus just upgrading the whole item to level 18, which is also pretty expensive. Reskins are just 500 steel. A full upgrade can clip 1,200 or so.

Felis_Menari
02-27-2017, 02:02 PM

Because different items can have different stats.

King_Mandu
02-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Agreed. I could also do without getting blue gear since that became useless around 20-30 hours gametime ago. The entire UI needs a massive overhaul because it takes 3 to 4 clicks to just to get to the actual menu you want. It didn't bother me at first probably because I was so enamored with the game overall but with all the unbalanced crap that goes on in the combat, the QOL stuff is starting to really annoy me.

big-fishy-bob
02-27-2017, 08:25 PM
With the amount of customisation options available I would've thought they knew character appearance is important to some of us. I would suggest only keeping the pieces that you like the most and scrapping others but given that I'm familiar with who you are I know that suggestion would likely fall on deaf ears.

Your solution seems like the best approach honestly. I used to play DC Universe Online and the best things about it was you could change your characters appearance however you wanted without affecting any stats so long as you'd collected an item with that appearance. Kind of strange that this game has such great customisation options for colours and markings but makes actual item appearance so much more irritating.

PlagueGripes
02-28-2017, 12:31 AM
I would suggest only keeping the pieces that you like the most and scrapping others but given that I'm familiar with who you are I know that suggestion would likely fall on deaf ears.

I'm definitely the kind of person that will change their appearance in a game daily (and radically) if given a chance. Coincidentally I'll wear white t-shirs and jeans every day in real life and feel nothing.

Even if the game did allow us to 'wardrobe' skins by finding them once, it would still be outrageously expensive to completely change my look at the pace I would otherwise. It's not Dark Souls, where you can just throw on new equipment in ten minutes.