PDA

View Full Version : Does it really have to take this long to get into the match

DrinkinMehStella
02-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Like the title says, i'm impatient at the best of times but is it me or does it take forever to get from lobby to in game. 1 min in lobby - 30 secs looking at next map - 1 min picking your hero and then 1 min looking at everyone rep and gear score, is all of this necessary. Takes soo long just to play a game and then to have it crash now and then. can things be sped up or is this so the P2P can catch up with the game?

Hegemon_
02-27-2017, 01:16 PM
+1

Noxxic86
02-27-2017, 01:34 PM
I have wondered the same, specifically when all the characters are lined up in their battle poses. Seems to take a long time, only to find out I was loading into a match already started. Maybe it's the P2P getting all the connections sorted out before you actually load in? I know little to nothing about servers or P2P, sorry.

DrinkinMehStella
02-27-2017, 01:37 PM
I have wondered the same, specifically when all the characters are lined up in their battle poses. Seems to take a long time, only to find out I was loading into a match already started. Maybe it's the P2P getting all the connections sorted out before you actually load in? I know little to nothing about servers or P2P, sorry.

That is what i think it could be, the P2P. but nevertheless its far to long, sometimes i get bored of waiting and just quit the game.

EmeraldCthulhu
02-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Fun fact - since I bought For Honor, I read a couple of comic books and around half a book (Dan Abnetts The Guns of Tanith, quite good) while I was waiting either for matches to start or for them to finish. It can take a couple of minitues for the last PK standing to actually decide to stop running and finish the misary of us all.

So yeah, I would argue as well that the wait times in this game are quite silly. Get yourself something to read folks, it helps.

Noxxic86
02-27-2017, 03:06 PM
I could work on my gun draws and fire arms handling. Or maybe do mini workouts? I could learn to knit...the possibilities are endless, good Ideal emeraldcthulhu :)

DrinkinMehStella
02-27-2017, 03:08 PM
I actually put my feet up make a drink, have a smoke and then i'm in time for the game. :D

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 03:11 PM
I rely on the loading screens to give me time to make a cup of coffee / let my dog out / get some food / write a small novel (okay maybe not that one) ...
Not too bad as loading times go, just not very interesting to look at.

Pope138
02-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Fun fact - since I bought For Honor, I read a couple of comic books and around half a book (Dan Abnetts The Guns of Tanith, quite good) while I was waiting either for matches to start or for them to finish. It can take a couple of minitues for the last PK standing to actually decide to stop running and finish the misary of us all.

So yeah, I would argue as well that the wait times in this game are quite silly. Get yourself something to read folks, it helps.

lol, nice.
I love Dan Abnett. I'm on book #14 of the Horus Heresy. Him and Graham McNeill are the best.

ThePollie
02-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Dominion PvP - High activity. 45 minutes in queue, still never found a game.
Elimination PvE - Medium activity. Consistently find a game in less than a few seconds.

10/10