PDA

View Full Version : So it's been 13 days and I have no desire to play For Honor.

Ragnar---
02-27-2017, 12:41 PM
I absolutely love this game though. Yet it's such a horrible experience between long matchmaking times, overpowered and ridiculous gear that can be bought. Connection errors and taking too long with patches.

I can't even be bothered to do my daily quests, anybody else feeling this way after enjoying the game so much?.

DrinkinMehStella
02-27-2017, 12:47 PM
despite having the same views as you i really enjoy the game and patiently awaiting a patch on a lot of the issues.

Waynedetta40k
02-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Yea I am slowly getting this feeling to,
At the level I play duell right now its getting quite boring and it comes down to a few moves.
I know people say "feint" dunno, I rarly fall for a feint and my enemys neither.
Usally the one who fell for it also cancel his heavy or people just stick to blocking (usally they do it after you feint into a gb...) and doing fast random swings to get some dmg in.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 12:50 PM
I absolutely love this game though. Yet it's such a horrible experience between long matchmaking times, overpowered and ridiculous gear that can be bought. Connection errors and taking too long with patches.

I can't even be bothered to do my daily quests, anybody else feeling this way after enjoying the game so much?.

Yes, I loved this game in both betas. The release version was a steaming pile of **** though and Ubisoft's sheer incompetence and complete silence on this issue is insulting by now. It's been 2 weeks. People are quitting left, right and center. Reviews across the bord are at an all time low, as is the bleeding playerbase.

I don't know if they're deliberately ignoring the issues or simply don't understand what's going on with their game. Or maybe they just don't care altogether. Probably this.

zwaggs33
02-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Nope, still enjoying it, still playing. Only encountered minor issues, not enough to push me away.

Ragnar---
02-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Yes, I loved this game in both betas. The release version was a steaming pile of **** though and Ubisoft's sheer incompetence and complete silence on this issue is insulting by now. It's been 2 weeks. People are quitting left, right and center. Reviews across the bord are at an all time low, as is the bleeding playerbase.

I don't know if they're deliberately ignoring the issues or simply don't understand what's going on with their game. Or maybe they just don't care altogether. Probably this.

I played in the alpha and betas myself and I find the full game actually quite fun, however the points I made in the OP are just so overshadowing that I find it hard to log in. Life is way too short to be playing a frustrating game man.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 02:08 PM
I played in the alpha and betas myself and I find the full game actually quite fun, however the points I made in the OP are just so overshadowing that I find it hard to log in. Life is way too short to be playing a frustrating game man.

Yeah, it's still fun - if you get matched against opponents of similar skill and gear and if the potato2potato actually works... The former almost never happens and the other has a chance of failing every 3rd match. On consoles I only finished 4 Dominion matches out of 9 I played in total.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 03:12 PM
There are still 8 characters I haven't even played yet, so no, definitely not bored.

RatedChaotic
02-27-2017, 03:36 PM
So play a different game til the urge of playing a fighter returns. I knew this game wouldnt keep my attention for an extended period of time. But like most fighters...Theres times I will pop it in to satisfy that fighting urge. Was worth the 2 copies for 60 bucks. Its a good replacement for mortal kombat as a fighter and a decent game to spend time playing til Mass Effect is released. imo

jecio3
02-27-2017, 03:54 PM
I'll admit I'm getting a little bored with it. It's more repetitive and time consuming that I realized it would be when I played the closed beta. Trying to do the daily quests are very time consuming. Between trying to get connected to a match, then playing a full match only for the server to drop out and delete all progress made, being triple teamed in dominion and brawls, its rough to get a lot of the quests done within a reasonable time. And the rewards for doing so aren't exactly the greatest. 1500 exp, sure. 300 steel on 2 quests, ok. But 50 kills for only 500 exp and 100 steel is not worth it.

I still haven't received anything from the day 1 season pass, and just recently received the majority of the deluxe content. Haven't heard anything back from ubisoft since last week about the issue, and I don't expect to receive any type of inconvenience pack when it is fixed. I think that's the most aggravating thing about it all. To have bought something and to not receive what was paid for. By no means will I stop playing the game, but I don't feel the desire to come home and play it right away or even play it for longer than a couple hours. Its not like any other fighting game that holds my interest, even if I'm having a day where I get destroyed round after round.

I think my expectations of what the game would be and what it could be were vastly under met for me personally and that's why it does not hold my attention.

Hogmin
02-27-2017, 03:59 PM

I always get confused by these comments

The game isn't that different from the tests, just a few more bugs, at least in my experience.

Reaperofknights
02-27-2017, 09:02 PM
I have a level 10 berserker and a level 12 raider both with a gear score of 8 and i wreck people with 77 gear scores, its not just about the gear

Ragnar---
03-07-2017, 12:21 PM
It's now been 21 days since I last played. Is this game already dead?.

dex951
03-07-2017, 01:16 PM
What is bothering me at least is that silence from Ubisoft's For Honor Team. If we at least knew that they replied to at least 1 of all of those comlaints, I would and everyone else would sleep a bit better at night knowing that there will be changes.

Zv1k0
03-07-2017, 01:18 PM
It's now been 21 days since I last played. Is this game already dead?.

Far from it. When they balance things out, focus on competitive meaning implement ranked, tourneys, adding more heroes in future etc...this game wont be dead for years.

zide-
03-07-2017, 01:25 PM
I don't think gear stats are that big of an issue. The main problem is that at higher level play, people are familiar with exploitable moves and mechanics meaning each duel at that stage becomes this race who gets to start spamming their broken combo first. Why the game was more enjoyable during betas was because you still had people figuring out the game and trying different approaches which led to satisfying and fair duels.

I don't see this is going to change anytime soon if ever, due to the fact majority of the heroes are so different from each other when it comes to speed and combo damage so it is going to be hard for them to find the perfect balance between heroes, not to mention new heroes are added each season. Hopefully these new heroes are basically the same as the ones we have already, just with different animations and feasts.

Another problem I see with the game is that there are many, unnecessary things in the game that may seem "fun" on paper but instead makes the game less fun in practice when you just want to see who is the best fighter. Examples of such things are bleed/poison damage, high number of traps and places to knock people over to their death and the revenge meter that instead of simply being a get out of uneven situation -card, is this ultra meter god mode buff for some heroes.

I do enjoy the game and I think anyone can too as long as you don't take it too seriously because it is not as much skill based than it's exploit a mechanic based.

Xaviloga
03-07-2017, 01:34 PM
I can handle all the issues, there are things that not make me happy but i can handle it. If there is something can make me leave the game, or play it far less, is the lack of content and motivation. Im still playing but dunno if monotony can push me out in a future.

mammakamelen
03-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Acoording to steam charts For Honor has about the same playerbase as The Division. This is historically bad, and no, it wont last years. And given it's horrible p2p connection it will be dead in about three weeks.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Uhh clarecoyant. Nice, do i get a promotion in the next weeks?

Screw working for a living, this guy can obviously give us next weeks winning lottery numbers ... I'll be on my Yacht playing For Honor :D

Pope138
03-07-2017, 04:26 PM
I love this game and will be playing for a long time. Those load times, though! Unbelievable.

KnifeInUrNeck
03-07-2017, 07:25 PM
When dude said this game wasn't THAT different from play tests, he hit the nail on the head. The only difference between full release and the betas are the additional characters. That's it. There is no end game content, faction war is a joke, and the orders system just makes this a grind fest. People started leaving after they got their heroic gear for their favorite character and then realizing there's nothing left to do besides grind another character.

Now, this bothers me because I was the guy selling all my friends on this game based on the beta. One of my buddies questioned the longevity of this game and I called him crazy. Don't I look the fool as player count plummets? It's tragic because there is so much potential but it all seems rushed or half baked. I love the combat system and have no qualms about balance(besides heroic gear) but this game has no soul.

Mothsinger
03-07-2017, 08:00 PM
I'm having a lot of problems with the game since the update. It keeps on freezing right when the match is about to end, the DC errors still exist, making the experience like rolling a dice. Will the match end properly or will it not...? A gamble, I grew very annoyed off quickly. It just ruins the experience and fun when 50% for your matches just end out of nowhere, denying your reward. The technical aspect on PC is a horrid mess.

Besides that, the more time you spend in the game, the more you realise it's broken and imbalanced mechanics. Ever played a high level skirmish match? It doesn't make any sense to attack a player with two teammates, since they can pop revenge after three blocks and annihilate you. Everybody is doing that. Booooring. How the gear is balanced right now is just a joke, it feels like they didn't put any second thought into how things will work on higher levels. In addition, the classes imbalance is extremly annoying. Everyone's hating on the Peacekeeper, nothing is done about it. Why op? She can literally spam her RB quicker than some classes can change their guard. The inconsistency in that alone is baffling.

The frustration outweighs the fun in a lot of ways. I'm gonna check the game again when new updates come, maybe it will be ok and playable in around half a year or so... Probably more. But oopsie, until then, the playerbase will be gone. Sucks, man.