PDA

View Full Version : A strange problem w/ the joystick --Hotas Question

Sun_Ra
06-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Just re-installed FB and set up my saitek x45 controls in the game. The buttons, throttle, rotary knobs etc work fine and dandy. Only problem the stick doesn't control the plane anymore. Have to fly w/ the bloody up/down/left /right arrows on the keyboard. I tested and re-calibrated the stick a couple of times, no problems evident w/ the stick, but in the game the joystick movement does nothing. Any ideas? This is ridiculous.

Sun_Ra
06-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Just re-installed FB and set up my saitek x45 controls in the game. The buttons, throttle, rotary knobs etc work fine and dandy. Only problem the stick doesn't control the plane anymore. Have to fly w/ the bloody up/down/left /right arrows on the keyboard. I tested and re-calibrated the stick a couple of times, no problems evident w/ the stick, but in the game the joystick movement does nothing. Any ideas? This is ridiculous.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
06-27-2004, 09:02 PM
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the X45, I can across this problem along while back and it fixed it for me.

"Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary force:
You are about to embark upon a Great Crusade toward which we have strived these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking" - Gen. Dwight D. Eiseinhower-Supreme Allied Commander.

www.vultures-row.com (http://www.vultures-row.com)

John_Stag
06-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Or try mapping the axis within IL2 itself. Does the stick work ok with other games?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>:Sergeant! Where are you taking those vultures?

Sergeant: Officers to the mess, NCO's to the Guardroom, Sir!

:Like hell you are, they're responsible for all this, get them to clean it up!

Sergeant: But what about the officers, Sir?

:Give 'em a bloody shovel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leech_
06-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Im pretty sure You had another joystick device attached also when configuring IL2 controls for the first time. When You took it off and booted the joystick ID for X45 changed down.
(Or contrary if You have added joysticks the ID has grown)

Everything You say points to that: the stick works in calibration, You didnt mention mapping the missing controls in IL2, and your knobs work.

Look for the complete description on IL2 mappings, like for elevator its something "ID2 X-axis", map it again and see the ID changing.

So try this before any uninstalling.

Cheers,
Leech / Lufthunden
www.lufthunden.com (http://www.lufthunden.com)