PDA

View Full Version : [Serious Bug] PSA: Valkyrie's block not working correctly

MangoUnclaimed
02-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Credit here to Reddit and KingPerson, who found and documented the bug. It's completely reproducible. The thread linked here has all the information (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5waq2h/psa_valkyries_block_is_bugged_with_proof/) and proof, and the video he included (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GnyR6zdLPQ&feature=youtu.be) shows the problem very clearly.

Her side-dodge attacks also seem to be bugged, though not quite in the same way - unlike the deflects from Assassins and the Kensei, hers has only a frame or two of block to use from the side or the attack gets through anyway. Dodges straight forward against overheads seem to be working as intended, but side-dodges into bleed against heavies are incredibly difficult just now, impossible if you do not know the exact timing of the opponent's move.

TL;DR: Valkyrie's block is bugged against lunge and dodge attacks, which lets them go right through it every time.

Derity
02-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Wow...

Ghost Ookami
02-27-2017, 12:01 PM
whoa...I main valk and I never noticed this...maybe this is why I find PKs unbeatable...

MangoUnclaimed
02-27-2017, 12:04 PM
whoa...I main valk and I never noticed this...maybe this is why I find PKs unbeatable...

Niether had I, but looking back, it does explain some stuff. Often I just attributed it to lag or bad P2P connection when an attack sunk through my guard, but it's much more likely the block was just bugged and non-functioning.

Azerach
02-27-2017, 01:40 PM
It's taking weeks to fix the balance at launch. Expect this to take another few weeks. Ubisoft should strike a deal with platform holders to get these patches out asap.

Bracus_Maximus
02-27-2017, 03:07 PM
God... well who knows what else is bugged.
Hope the reason they didnt released that patch is because they properly test the game now and fix these big problems.
My main was a valk and this things now make sense