PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Mechanics!

PackingMoney
02-27-2017, 08:56 AM
Hey there, I have been watching a streamer called Tru3Talent and he often used a variety of characters but he has been playing with raider a lot. Something I noticed was that he sometimes says 'free hit' or something once he manages to throw someone into a wall or parry a light attack. I main PK and I am unsure of these advanced mechanics. Could someone please tell me some of the 'free' hits that PK can do (if any).

Thank you, much appreciated - PackingMoney.

Hegemon_
02-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Well I can't help you with the PK, but free hits he is talking about are hits that were caused when opponent was stagerred. For example when enemy falls down due to lack of stamina, then you can hit him for free - he has no chance of defending.

He also calls hits "unsafe". It means the attack can be parried, then counterattacked. For example, when you guard break after a parry, the guard break is uncounterable, so it's basically free. Then you follow up with another free attack.

I hope that helps.

PackingMoney
02-27-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks. I have been playing a little with bots, I am not sure that she has any tbh.

ThePollie
02-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Generally;
Throws into a wall = Free hit.
Light parry = Free hit.
Knockdown = Free hit.
Zone-attack is often a free hit because of how obscenely fast it is. Feint one way and zone-attack, very few are going to beat it.

Pope138
02-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Hijacking this thread with a noob question of my own...
What does "tech" mean? I see that word used often regarding this game and can't figure out it's meaning by the context.

Omy86
02-27-2017, 07:05 PM
What does "tech" mean? I see that word used often regarding this game and can't figure out it's meaning by the context.

"tech" is fighting game term and has the following meanings:

1. when used in a context like: "Character X has this tech where he can...." means that character has a tool or mechanic unique to that character
2. tech a throw - in this game it refers to counter guard break

ThePollie
02-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Teching a Guard-break would be countering it by Guard-breaking after they do. Basically, the right button at the right time.

Pope138
02-27-2017, 07:19 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys!

PackingMoney
02-27-2017, 07:38 PM
I am playing zerker a decent amount recently, is there anything he can get for free other than the top heavy when he throws someone into something?