PDA

View Full Version : Compensation for Server downtime

titusthefox
02-27-2017, 08:30 AM
So has there been any word on this? Servers went down prime game time, would be nice with some compensation. Say 2000 steel for all players (free 3 days champion status for those who want it).

titusthefox
02-27-2017, 11:54 AM
So I've been hearing rumors that Ubisoft does not do compensation, no matter how much they F over their customers so thinking we will ever get any form of compensation for when their stuff does not work is a fools dream. Is this actually the case? I usually don't listen to rumors but there are a lot of people saying this. Anyone have any experience about this?

Banicks
02-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Considering Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier didn't work for most customers, as in even start up to the menu screen, for three months, and there was never even any apology...

Don't hold your breath. Add Ubi to your black list and don't buy into their games again.

raetiacorvus
02-27-2017, 12:19 PM
On the other hand they gave away a free game for AC:Unity Season Pass owners for the sorry state AC:Unity was on release and some time after.

CAR0.
02-27-2017, 12:28 PM
On Rainbow 6 siege they give a 1 day renown booster when the servers go down in a unplanned manor. So i dont see why they wont on this game however the time has now passed and i doubt we will get anything now.

titusthefox
02-27-2017, 03:46 PM
On Rainbow 6 siege they give a 1 day renown booster when the servers go down in a unplanned manor. So i dont see why they wont on this game however the time has now passed and i doubt we will get anything now.

Yeah, why not do something like that? I mean - the game going down effectively for one day means some people lost 1 day of their champion status, which is very possible they paid to have with real life money. Not compensating that is borderline stealing. How hard can it be to offer some sort of compensation? 2000 steel or something to make up for their horrible infrastructure. But from what I've heard about Ubisoft, this thread is going to get completely ignored by them and they won't do any compensation at all.

Some companies just don't know the word "service".

titusthefox
02-27-2017, 11:58 PM
Forwarded this thread to a Ubisoft guy here on the forums, so that we know that if we don't hear anything it pretty much means they don't care at all (and not that they just didn't see the thread). Pretty sure we won't hear anything. Also, I'm going to write some random text here because Ubisoft have this weird thing where a post has to be a certain length to be posted and I have no idea why, but here you go Ubisoft - an unneccessary long sentance, just for you.

Winsome111
02-28-2017, 12:20 AM
If you check the announcements page they announced compensation.

titusthefox
02-28-2017, 12:33 AM
If you check the announcements page they announced compensation.

Yupp, color me wrong.

Also:

I'm going to write some random text here because Ubisoft have this weird thing where a post has to be a certain length to be posted and I have no idea why, but here you go Ubisoft - an unneccessary long sentance, just for you.