PDA

View Full Version : I love this game SO much.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:11 AM
But I feel slighted.

It feels like a girlfriend that has been using you for years, and you're just now figuring it out.

At least look me in the eyes, when you **** me, Ubisoft.

MassiveD.
02-27-2017, 06:17 AM
Oh don't be so melodramatic, I love the game too, this dumpster-fire of a forum doesn't do justice to it, the situation is really not that bad, once they fix GB I'm personaly good to go

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:18 AM
Will guardbreak be techable during a dodge?
During attacks?
During guardbreak attempt?

These are 3 ways that the guard break is untechable. If you dodge, and are no longer guarding, why is your guard broken?
If you are attacking, why is your guard broken?

No information on if Beta's worked in the way it is actually needed to.

Also, this fix alone will not save the game.

MassiveD.
02-27-2017, 06:21 AM
Will guardbreak be techable during a dodge?
During attacks?
During guardbreak attempt?

When both players press GB at the same time it will cancel each other out instead of rewarding one player, which is good, extra layer of frames to stop GB spammers

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:28 AM
The rest will stay, then? Will I be unable to tech if dodging any class at Overwatch C pits, and be thrown in, helplessly, because I dodged, and that institutes not only a free guard break, but an untechable one, as well?

Even the Orochi's Zephyr slash can be GB, so dodging AND attacking. How is my guard broken doing 2 things that does not entail guarding, and it is now an untechable motion, rewarding the other player for pressing GB?

People are being GB, in FULL sprint, MID roll...

GB right out of the air, at C cliffs by 3 bridges.

That is unacceptable behavior for a feature made for breaking ones "GuArD"

Also, getting GB mid heavy... Come. On... Really, though. "I see you're doing a heavy attack. Hit-or-miss, no recovery.

Again, the system is still HEAVILY flawed.

Warp_11
02-27-2017, 06:29 AM
Dodge is supposed to be countered by a guaranteed guardbreak, it's actually one of 2 ways how to get a guardbreak on an out-of-stamina enemy who also happens to be a good player. But yeah, counter-guardbreak's timing is not right.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:31 AM
I understand this, but flying through a dodge roll, still GB?

Whats with GB vortex? 2x Nobushi's range, and fllies right to you. Not to say its not techable, but its bothersome as all hell, seeing such bad mechanics.

I appreciate your post, but adding fuel to this dumpster fire, without noting any of the other problems with GB is just adding to the problem.

MassiveD.
02-27-2017, 06:32 AM
The rest will stay, then? Will I be unable to tech if dodging any class at Overwatch C pits, and be thrown in, helplessly, because I dodged, and that institutes not only a free guard break, but an untechable one, as well?

Even the Orochi's Zephyr slash can be GB, so dodging AND attacking. How is my guard broken doing 2 things that does not entail guarding, and it is now an untechable motion, rewarding the other player for pressing GB?

Also, getting GB mid heavy... Come. On... Really, though. "I see you're doing a heavy attack. Hit-or-miss, no recovery.

Everything you described also applies to fighting games, this is a fighting game, sure while sidestepping, rolling, dodging, you should be able to get grabbed, I think its the same in Tekken, this is a fighting game after all. Furthermore, if you do light attack you can't get grabbed, but you can while heavy attacking because it makes sense, heavy attacks have long wind-ups

MassiveD.
02-27-2017, 06:35 AM
FAR TOo many simpleton people here sticking up for unibrows horrible gaming sense. There are a multitude of bugs some which are game breaking and should have been ironed out by now.

I'm sure whining, moaning, and verbally assaulting the developers will make them work quicker and with more enthusiasm

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:39 AM
Yes, Massive. You can get grabbed. Thats fine. In OTHER fighting games.

In this one, you should be allowed to tech, for poor mechanics, and slaptick inputs, because of poor netcoding.

If they're going to release a game without proper networking, at least show the counter to this problem, and make it so if you are grabbed in any and all situations, that its user error in the moment, not the moment before you are instantly killed because of a spammer.

I play Orochi.

I dont have the luxury of tossing my foes about.. (And doing nothing but that for every game)

This character needs finesse., and if attempting to GB someone does not work, I am then counter GB, because the enemy had my back to a pit, making it impossible to escape, because if I dodge, I am killed. If I GB, I am repelled backwards by the counter GB system. If I attack in any sort of way, I am completely destroyed because of reaction off of guard, added to instant, and guaranteed guard break.

Overall, the player who is entirely dependent on a feature meant for people to fight against those who are turtleing, is their GREATEST weapon.

Why is this?

I don't quite understand the logic here.

To add fuel to the fire, I would defend with "Let go of guard, and double tap dodge, and roll away"

Well, that would be fine if the situation such as this happens:
Let go of Guard, camera pans out, still in guard position. Tapping Dodge Furiously.
Character never moves. Not. One. Inch.

Please, tell me this is user error.

V1ZI0N
02-27-2017, 06:42 AM

Ubi named it "guard break" but it essentially functions the same as a grab/throw in other fighting games. Other fighters like cvs2 have invuln rolls that avoid pokes, however you can grab someone out of their roll. Sound familiar to dodge/ gb, eh?

If you couldn't grab someone out of dodge, what would stop them from dodging nonstop all game? Vice versa, if you know your opponent abuses guard break too much or you make a hard read on guard break, use light attack to counter it

MassiveD.
02-27-2017, 06:42 AM
Yes, Massive. You can get grabbed. Thats fine. In OTHER fighting games.

In this one, you should be allowed to tech, for poor mechanics, and slaptick inputs, because of poor netcoding.

If they're going to release a game without proper networking, at least show the counter to this problem, and make it so if you are grabbed in any and all situations, that its user error in the moment, not the moment before you are instantly killed because of a spammer.

I play Orochi.

I dont have the luxury of tossing my foes about.. (And doing nothing but that for every game)

This character needs finesse., and if attempting to GB someone does not work, I am then counter GB, because the enemy had my back to a pit, making it impossible to escape, because if I dodge, I am killed. If I GB, I am repelled backwards by the counter GB system. If I attack in any sort of way, I am completely destroyed because of reaction off of guard, added to instant, and guaranteed guard break.

Overall, the player who is entirely dependent on a feature meant for people to fight against those who are turtleing, is their GREATEST weapon.

Why is this?

I don't quite understand the logic here.

Well, I also play Orochi a lot, Prestige 3 in fact, yet I am not having any of the problems you are.

Actually I don't remember the last time I got grabbed as Orochi.

If you are, that only tells you are bot teching zone attacks after your zephyr slashes

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:44 AM
Ubi named it "guard break" but it essentially functions the same as a grab/throw in other fighting games. Other fighters like cvs2 have invuln rolls that avoid pokes, however you can grab someone out of their roll. Sound familiar to dodge/ gb, eh?

If you couldn't grab someone out of dodge, what would stop them from dodging nonstop all game? Vice versa, if you know your opponent abuses guard break too much or you make a hard read on guard break, use light attack to counter it

Problem being, is that Light Attack can be Guard Broken too. It has happened. Orochi's Light Top has been GB'd numerous times. They make it seem fast, but it is honestly one of the slowest attack, and very easily readable. Telegraphed from space. As well, as guard breakable.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:47 AM
Also, in which instance... Why is it, that when a Peacekeeper is in a close quarters combat substation, 110% of the time, she is able to back dodge out of a guard break, easily? Yet, trying to pass some shmoe on a bridge ins impossible because they are a master of catching you with your pants down, looking for a fair fight.

I dont see any sense here, due to in one hand you are telling me that you can GB a dodge roll.
With the other hand the BS that is obvious and counter to your statements in applied where you cant GB a dodge roll.

MassiveD.
02-27-2017, 06:49 AM
Problem being, is that Light Attack can be Guard Broken too. It has happened. Orochi's Light Top has been GB'd numerous times. They make it seem fast, but it is honestly one of the slowest attack, and very easily readable. Telegraphed from space. As well, as guard breakable.

Video proof or didn't happen, I have never seen that, and the code gives lights supreme priority over gb.

Only explanation - lag / hacks

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Well, I also play Orochi a lot, Prestige 3 in fact, yet I am not having any of the problems you are.

Actually I don't remember the last time I got grabbed as Orochi.

If you are, that only tells you are bot teching zone attacks after your zephyr slashes

No. just lag. Terrible netcode. Immediate slashes, which are attacks, and non breakable.

Rep10

Plenty of time experiencing that in the day, is when the servers work best.

At night, for some reason, at night, they become living nightmare.

My issue is thus: The game wont last this way.

I tech out of 95% of GBs, and I'm not entirely mad when I am GB, but when I dont tech out, its because I'm coming down with a heavy attack, and rather than parrying like should be done in that situation, I am GBed, same goes for a ton of light attacks.

If you think you have GB spammer problems at a low rep, the higher reps, people are PROFESSIONAL tossers.

Tosser.

They're tossers.

I'm not British.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 06:53 AM
Video proof or didn't happen, I have never seen that, and the code gives lights supreme priority over gb.

Only explanation - lag / hacks

Exactly.

Broken.

Servers.

Only explanation, right?

cragar212
02-27-2017, 07:06 AM
Feel free to leave.

You

Won't

Be

Missed

Unitaren
02-27-2017, 07:12 AM
No maybe it won't make them work faster but come on now. They have a history of releasing games riddled with bugs. Look at the division. Some of the original bugs are rearing their heads as new exploits to this day. Basically one exploit is basically revolving around the same original exploit just a different flavor and result and the original bug was not addressed. It sucks because I really like that game otherwise but I won't waste my time playing it and I have $100 invested in it. This game was not ready for public release plain and simple. The Dev team produces a lot of quality material and gameplay across some of their titles but it seems the testing and correction of bugs is something that is a consistent stuggle. It could be there are bugs in core comments of the design and it's more cost effective to bandaid the issue until it's served their revenue stream or to simply ignore it all together. I understand it's not enjoyable to see so many people complaining especially if you are not running into any issues, but the fact remains that people are upset because they are in fact having issues and the problems are real. It's insult to injury when they are sold a full price game they are told is self ready and it is shipped out with so many issues. To be fair the devs are under severe deadlines to deliver increasingly more complex games each year across multiple platforms and bugs can and will happen I get that. Still yet when it's major issues affecting most of the player base then they should address the issues publically and have a course of action for a solution because they sure are turning down people buying their in game currency. They have no quarrels with that. This will be the last Ubisoft game I ever waste my money on. If you went to get a hamburger and they give you a raw frozen pattie you would take that trash back and demand a refund. Im just saying....

Zeo
02-27-2017, 07:23 AM
Feel free to leave.

You

Won't

Be

Missed

Literally, the only trash kid response I have heard from you in all your 36 posts.

You're adding fuel to the dumpster fire. You don't belong in a conversation among adults.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 07:27 AM
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Zeo/video/27572498

Literally what is wrong with the game currently.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Zeo/video/27572515

Hedabutt is massively overpowered, and notice the very end. I pressed X early, because he was out of stamina, and my timing was off. Untechable.

Take note of the 300 steps back I took.

Also note the Warlord's level. (Reputation 8)

He literally won the game 2x in a row, by throwing people off ledges. I avoided him the entire second game. He had massive revive speed, nearly instant, and I was thrown off a ledge by a Nobushi Kick. Showed me as Rezable, when I clearly was not. My teamates were killed because he bled the timer out, and won by points due to poor teamwork by my fellow teammates.

That is the unnecessary backstory.

TL;DR
Over9000KDA Throws Only Warlord.
Problem?

Zeo
02-27-2017, 07:33 AM
Though, after very careful consideration, I looked back on all of my videos, and streams, where Guard break would pass through a light attack. It doesn't seem to ever, and today's instance where it was is due to the enemy having revenge.

Thank you for the great tip, entailing what do to to a guard break spamming enemy, and this specific encounter previously posted was me, myself attempting to waste the other player's time, and show how guard break is working as intended.

To my surprise, it is certainly not.

As for all of the posts on the forum suggesting that Orochi has un counterable GB...

I laugh at all of you.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Also, to note, that guard break has the function were two GB will cancel eachother out.

It happened ONCE, on Sanctuary bridge, between me and a warden. We both guard breaked at EXACTLY the same time, and it canceled out.

We both stood on the stairs where it happened.

We stopped fighting.

Turned.

Thought about our lives.

And cherished the unicorn.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 07:43 AM
I would like to know that in the second video at the very end, that when the GB patch goes live, this will not happen.

Q: Will I be in an untechable GB if GB Counter too soon?

Braegulfer
02-27-2017, 08:45 AM
I would like to know that in the second video at the very end, that when the GB patch goes live, this will not happen.

Q: Will I be in an untechable GB if GB Counter too soon?

You're never gonna get any specific info on this, or any other mechanics. It's unfortunate. This is EXACTLY the kind of information a skill-based fighter should be making available to their playerbase.