PDA

View Full Version : I've Deleted "For Honor" (Rant/Vent)

MYFATHERBEATSME
02-27-2017, 01:40 AM
I remember being so incredibly excited for this game. The first E3 showcase blew my mind and I wanted to play so bad! When I got into the Closed Beta, I had a blast. The second Beta, had a blast. I purchased a new TV and the Apollyon edition because I was so amped for this game. Now that the full game is out, I honestly don't want to touch this game ever again.

Lets start with the terrible balancing of this game. People are going to say it's fine and "git gud" but this game is not balanced. I have an overall 2.3 K/D with a 70% winrate. I'm not the best, but I'd say I'm a little above average and I usually do well most games. But don't tell me when the same 3 Heros (Peacekeepers, Orochi, and Warden) make up the majority of played heroes even with 9 more available, that there isn't an issue.

Then let's talk matchmaking balance and how well this game pairs you up with similar skilled opponents (gear and skill). Oh wait, it doesn't. But all this only applies if you can actually get into a game or play a match for more than 3 minutes before you're kicked right back to the menu. When you do manage a full match, its nothing but fighting people who have constant revenge and run as soon as you start to win because the mechanics make it so easy to do this.

Then connections in matches. It is awful. Every 30 seconds it has to reconnect and sets the match back a few seconds, which a lot of the time can get you killed.

Then the environmental hazards! You know, I'm actaully fine with these. The part I am not fine with is that Lawbringer, Raider, or Warload can carry me 30 feet to them when I've purposely positioned myself away from them. Seriously, which one of you Ubisoft employees thought broken ledges and spikes everywhere was a good idea?

This game honestly feels worse than the beta and would have benefited GREATLY from an extended beta that didn't happen a week before the game came out.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUl9NPPMx8s

You won't be missed.

MYFATHERBEATSME
02-27-2017, 01:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUl9NPPMx8s

You won't be missed.

Original.

I forgot to add in the crappy community.

Exaffect
02-27-2017, 01:50 AM
The community is toxic. It and a lack of 4v4 w/o gear will probably push me away at some point.

MYFATHERBEATSME
02-27-2017, 01:56 AM
The community is toxic. It and a lack of 4v4 w/o gear will probably push me away at some point.

I agree. The only more toxic community I've seen is League of Legends, but at least they have balance in their game.

MyNameIsMicheal
02-27-2017, 02:00 AM
I agree. The only more toxic community I've seen is League of Legends, but at least they have balance in their game.

Community is toxic, agreed. I love how people argue they are pros in a game that just came out. Love how they are so adamant and push that they are the best..its a video game. The whole get good comments are my favorite. Not everyone is going to be great at this game, not everyone wants to put in the time or research. Not everyone wants to exploit some of the characters broken mechanics (Side step slash, side step slash) They actually want to do the combos etc.

No reason to bash anyone.

JTWDK
02-27-2017, 02:03 AM
It's damn sad it has to be this way. The basics of the game had me not caring about the toxic community, blatant exploiters and obvious hacking, not to mention the terrible p2p, non existent community management, silence regarding fixing their game and even acknowledging half the issues, and on and on.

I might come back and check where the game has gone in about 6 months, but after avoiding ubisoft for several years only to give them another chance with this game, i think i'll just go back to avoiding them. They make EA seem honest and hard working by comparison.

MYFATHERBEATSME
02-27-2017, 02:07 AM
It's damn sad it has to be this way. The basics of the game had me not caring about the toxic community, blatant exploiters and obvious hacking, not to mention the terrible p2p, non existent community management, silence regarding fixing their game and even acknowledging half the issues, and on and on.

I might come back and check where the game has gone in about 6 months, but after avoiding ubisoft for several years only to give them another chance with this game, i think i'll just go back to avoiding them. They make EA seem honest and hard working by comparison.

Ubisoft never seems to change, which is the sad part because they have so much potential in the IPs that they have. But they choose to rush everything for a quick profit. I don't know if six months is even enough time to wait.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 02:09 AM
Community is toxic, agreed. I love how people argue they are pros in a game that just came out. Love how they are so adamant and push that they are the best..its a video game. The whole get good comments are my favorite. Not everyone is going to be great at this game, not everyone wants to put in the time or research. Not everyone wants to exploit some of the characters broken mechanics (Side step slash, side step slash) They actually want to do the combos etc.

No reason to bash anyone.

And no one is bashin anyone for the fact that you don't want to play the same way as others. You are free to do so. People are saying "git gud" to people that want to change or remove mechanic with which they can't cope. You don't want to use GB and reactive dodging you are free to do so. But if you will complain that someone is using it then..."git gud" cause there is a way to cope with that:P

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 02:37 AM
I remember being so incredibly excited for this game. The first E3 showcase blew my mind and I wanted to play so bad! When I got into the Closed Beta, I had a blast. The second Beta, had a blast. I purchased a new TV and the Apollyon edition because I was so amped for this game. Now that the full game is out, I honestly don't want to touch this game ever again.

Lets start with the terrible balancing of this game. People are going to say it's fine and "git gud" but this game is not balanced. I have an overall 2.3 K/D with a 70% winrate. I'm not the best, but I'd say I'm a little above average and I usually do well most games. But don't tell me when the same 3 Heros (Peacekeepers, Orochi, and Warden) make up the majority of played heroes even with 9 more available, that there isn't an issue.

Then let's talk matchmaking balance and how well this game pairs you up with similar skilled opponents (gear and skill). Oh wait, it doesn't. But all this only applies if you can actually get into a game or play a match for more than 3 minutes before you're kicked right back to the menu. When you do manage a full match, its nothing but fighting people who have constant revenge and run as soon as you start to win because the mechanics make it so easy to do this.

Then connections in matches. It is awful. Every 30 seconds it has to reconnect and sets the match back a few seconds, which a lot of the time can get you killed.

Then the environmental hazards! You know, I'm actaully fine with these. The part I am not fine with is that Lawbringer, Raider, or Warload can carry me 30 feet to them when I've purposely positioned myself away from them. Seriously, which one of you Ubisoft employees thought broken ledges and spikes everywhere was a good idea?

This game honestly feels worse than the beta and would have benefited GREATLY from an extended beta that didn't happen a week before the game came out.

+1 Same here, man. I couldn't have possibly imagined THIS level of incompetence from Ubisoft, especially considering the betas were pretty solid. They had one of the most promising new IP in years and they not only made mind-boggling decisions, such as p2p, but also horrible matchmaking, always online, the forced potato Uplay client on PC and an overall lack of content.

Connectivity, infrastructure and matchmaking simply have to work flawlessly, else the game's worthless.

Lesson learned. Never gonna buy another Ubisoft game, no matter how promising and fresh the IP will turn out to be.