PDA

View Full Version : Delete environment hazards

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 11:27 PM
So boring. Get rid of that crap already.

edit- Just for the 13 year old meme crew with their "git gud" remarks. Before assuming I'm losing games to being thown off maybe you should come play me so I can prove no matter where you stand I can win 3-0 with warlord nearly every time by environment.

Zv1k0
02-26-2017, 11:28 PM
Git gud

MassiveD.
02-26-2017, 11:29 PM

no

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 11:29 PM
But I really like to throw bots into the spikes.

Sweet, sweet revenge.

Hackfraysn
02-26-2017, 11:30 PM

Stop whining and don't fight near ledges, hazards etc. I like environmental hazards. They promote and reward creative and tactical play.

Felis_Menari
02-26-2017, 11:32 PM

Or, perhaps, you should improve your situational awareness. Just a thought.

Derkwow-cz
02-26-2017, 11:39 PM
No, i love kill bots in ladder - push them down and point of kill is free :D . My record in one match: i killed 18x bots only in ladder :D.

the_bull300
02-26-2017, 11:44 PM
Stop whining and don't fight near ledges, hazards etc. I like environmental hazards. They promote and reward creative and tactical play.

Warlord, raider and lawbringer ruin your "don't fight near edges". Until they fix guard break most enviro kills are going to feel like you had no defence against it.

SiewcaRaka
02-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Warlord, raider and lawbringer ruin your "don't fight near edges". Until they fix guard break most enviro kills are going to feel like you had no defence against it.

CGB works. Sorry to break your bubble. Just in different time frame. And also you can position yourself so laider, and warlord can't take you anywhere near ledge. And lawbringer can be easly blocked.

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 11:55 PM
Git gud

Come say that after I've won 3-0 by throwing you off a cliff 3 times. Then we will see who has to GIT GUD.

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Or, perhaps, you should improve your situational awareness. Just a thought.

How does that help when I'm throwing people off every game?

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 11:57 PM

You do realize I can pretty much kill ANYONE even when they're not near ledges? It's so dumb like seriously most my kills are just from throwing people off.

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Dear Games company, please delete 50% of your game.
Yeah.
Not seeing that happen.
Git Gud :D

Derkwow-cz
02-26-2017, 11:58 PM
How does that help when I'm throwing people off every game?

One solution:
Throw them too early than throw you :D

GreenRanger XI
02-26-2017, 11:59 PM
Dear Games company, please delete 50% of your game.
Yeah.
Not seeing that happen.
Git Gud :D

Git Gud yourself.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:02 AM
Git Gud yourself.

No you.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:03 AM
No you.

Nice win loss.

Felis_Menari
02-27-2017, 12:09 AM
You do realize I can pretty much kill ANYONE even when they're not near ledges? It's so dumb like seriously most my kills are just from throwing people off.

You seem to be implying that you ring out your opponents, even if they are not near a ledge. It doesn't work that way, I'm afraid (at least in duels and brawls). If you can ring 'em out, then they are too close (AKA near) to a ledge or environmental hazard. Gear boosted throw in 4v4 however, does change things a bit.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Nice win loss.

Yeah ... err ... what?

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:10 AM
You seem to be implying that you ring out your opponents, even if they are not near a ledge. It doesn't work that way, I'm afraid (at least in duels and brawls). If you can ring 'em out, then they are too close (AKA near) to a ledge or environmental hazard. Gear boosted throw in 4v4 however, does change things a bit.

You assumed that I'm the one losing due to environment hazards which is pretty ignorant. Can somebody dislike something without losing? When I play as a big guy the game just leads to environment kills, that's how it is. It's boring, it's dumb and will be a laughing stock in esports.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:11 AM
Yeah ... err ... what?

Nice win loss.

Sirrkas
02-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Nice win loss.

That line makes no sense at all. Or is it supposed to be a reference?

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Nice win loss.

Is that supposed to mean something in a game where you have no idea what my win loss is?

Better than yours?

Unless you are one of those people who quits when they're losing, which would kinda fit your personality type, no offence :D

secrecy274
02-27-2017, 12:14 AM
I like them. Sure, they can feel cheap when that guy you have been owning gets a "lucky" guardbreak and shoves you off the damn cliff, but that's what battle is like, you can never let you guard down.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:16 AM

I'm taking the piss out of his meme.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:16 AM

Thought it was just me ... haha :D
Maybe it's like, you throw a multiplayer trash talk meme at me, I'll throw one at you? Even though in this game it doesn't work ...
This is a new level of troll conversation I have not had to stoop to before, I fear he may bring me down to his level and beat me with experience :p

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-27-2017, 12:17 AM
Sounds like another rage post. It is part of the game, deal with it.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:19 AM
Thought it was just me ... haha :D
Maybe it's like, you throw a multiplayer trash talk meme at me, I'll throw one at you? Even though in this game it doesn't work ...
This is a new level of troll conversation I have not had to stoop to before, I fear he may bring me down to his level and beat me with experience :p

I just thought I would speak like a ****** as that's the only way you can communicate.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:19 AM
I'm taking the piss out of his meme.

But you do actually need to get good though, wheras as there's nothing wrong with my Win Loss ratio :D

Unless I have you all wrong, your point is you choose to specialize in cheap tactics so you would like the cheap tactics removed, presumably because not being cheap would be too much like being a decent person and not something you can do on your own?
Do I have that right so far?

Is that good enough communicarion for you, or are you wishing I had stuck to memes now? :D

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:21 AM
But you do actually need to get good though, wheras as there's nothing wrong with my Win Loss ratio :D

Unless I have you all wrong, your point is you choose to specialize in cheap tactics so you would like the cheap tactics removed, presumably because not being cheap would be too much like being a decent person ad not something you can do on your own? Do I have that right so far?

My point is what's the point of this combat system when the game is almost forcing you to avoid it at all costs. When I play as a bigger slow character with strong throws I'm pretty much winning every game by throwing people off the ledges, it's got NOTHING to do with spatial awareness. One mistake and you're dead. How is that healthy for any game? I'd love to hear the feedback instead of just "git gud" 13 year old meme crap.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:23 AM
My point is what's the point of this combat system when the game is almost forcing you to avoid it at all costs. When I play as a bigger slow character with strong throws I'm pretty much winning every game by throwing people off the ledges, it's got NOTHING to do with spatial awareness. One mistake and you're dead. How is that healthy for any game? I'd love to hear the feedback instead of just "git gud" 13 year old meme crap.

Yeah I'm sorry but the part where you believe the game is forcing you to play like a cheap scrub is wrong. You are a cheap scrub.
Your personality is forcing you to play like a cheap scrub.
Don't blame the game.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Yeah I'm sorry the part where you believe the game is forcing you to play like a cheap scrub is wrong. You are a cheap scrub.
Your personality is forcing you to play like a cheap scrub.
Don't blame the game.

Ok well I still win every game so, jokes on you.

ButtR8peArtist
02-27-2017, 12:25 AM
There're 2 games in for honor.

1st game, a fun fighting game, has a solid core mechanic require players to master all its system and take practice to win, it's not easy but very fun, this should be 90% of for honor(unfortunatley it's not even close)

2nd game, cliff/spikewall pushing simulator, infinity guard break spam(the counter window is remarkably stupid) give everyone that chance to one shot other even when their skill is significant inferior, many times the map design forcing such agenda to players throat.

2nd design quite frankly = rampant stupidity, that's where most players are so frustrated.

When a game offers a cheap/cheesy tactic to win, no body wants to learn the core mechanic, thus is the human nature, that's why there are QA teams in every software product to making sure players can't exploit a certain mechanic , and obviously, UBI has none.

PLUS: Of course, vikings and knights dominate cliff pushing scenario with their ret@arded pushing distance

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:33 AM
Saying I win every game because of how stupid envrionment kills are, kids come and say it's totally fine. Okay so when I win for the 5000th time in a row you're going to sit there and say it's fine that you died to my uncounterable guardbreak spam?

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 12:36 AM
Stop fighting near ledge and no one will throw you off. Don't fight near spikes and the same will happen. Jesus. Learn how to position yourself

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:39 AM
When a game offers a cheap/cheesy tactic to win, no body wants to learn the core mechanic, thus is the human nature, that's why there are QA/design exist for every software product to make sure it doesn't happen, and obviously, UBI has none.

This is partly true, but you're missing the part where people actually enjoy the cheap cheesy mechanics
So from a games company point of view, sadly, they are catering to a lot of people.

You know 1 vs 1 Duel is always on Low Activity while Dominion is always on Very High Activity?
What people like to think this game is / wish this game was, it is not.

Human nature isn't always a great thing,
If you don't hold yourself to a higher standard (see OP) then no one will do it for you (see OPs request).

However you can play to a higher standard if you wish, both options are viable.
It is entirely possible to fight away from hazards and not allow yourself to be cheesed.
Likewise, you can choose to not cheese others.

When you demand a company remove things because of your own poor standards I think you do indeed need to 'git gud' in more than one sense of the phrase.

It's like hackers blaming the company for not catching them, or spawn campers blaming the game for letting them do it.
Not a fan of shifting blame onto others like that. You do it because you are cheap, not because you are forced to by any external pressure.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Stop fighting near ledge and no one will throw you off. Don't fight near spikes and the same will happen. Jesus. Learn how to position yourself

Learn how to read idiot.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:41 AM
This is partly true, but you're missing the part where people actually enjoy the cheap cheesy mechanics
So from a games company point of view, sadly, they are catering to a lot of people.

You know 1 vs 1 Duel is always on Low Activity while Dominion is always on Very High Activity?
What people like to think this game is / wish this game was, it is not.

Human nature isn't always a great thing, if you don't hold yourself to a higher standard (see OP) then no one will do it for you (see OPs request).
However you can play to a higher standard if you wish, both options are viable.

It is entirely possible to fight away from hazards and not allow yourself to be cheesed.
Likewise, you can choose to not cheese others.

When you demand a company remove things because of your own poor standards I think it you do indeed need to 'git gud' in more than one sense of the phrase.

It's like hackers blaming the company for not catching them, or spawn campers blaming the game for letting them do it.
Not a fan of shifting blame onto others like that. You do it because you are cheap, not because you are forced to by any external pressure.

Why do you think people enjoy the cheesy stuff? Because they find ignorant people like you who just spam "git gud" "get a life sperge" instead of communicating like a normal human being. They then get pleasure out of throwing your ******ed *** off cliffs.

Snowju
02-27-2017, 12:41 AM

True until you fight that lawbringer that drags you from the middle of a capture point to off a cliff :D

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 12:42 AM
Learn how to read idiot.

You are quite special snowflake. Listen, there are places in EVERY duel map where it is IMPOSSIBLE to be thrown off. Raider will carry you to the wall, same warlord. Lawbringer is another issue as all of his skills are blockable so he is not a problem.

With practice to CGB, predicting and punishing with light attacks you succesfully avoided being thrown off. If you are unable to do this then go play tetris.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:45 AM
You are quite special snowflake. Listen, there are places in EVERY duel map where it is IMPOSSIBLE to be thrown off. Raider will carry you to the wall, same warlord. Lawbringer is another issue as all of his skills are blockable so he is not a problem.

With practice to CGB, predicting and punishing with light attacks you succesfully avoided being thrown off. If you are unable to do this then go play tetris.

I am not getting thrown off you little boy. I am throwing off people literally every game. If you have an xbox come play me and I will show you. This is why I said. L2read.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 12:47 AM
I am not getting thrown off you little boy. I am throwing off people literally every game. If you have an xbox come play me and I will show you. This is why I said. L2read.

Sorry PC Master race^^ And just because you are not skilled enough to be matched with higher lvl opponents it doesn't mean that this is problem:)

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:48 AM
Sorry PC Master race^^ And just because you are not skilled enough to be matched with higher lvl opponents it doesn't mean that this is problem:)

Yeah all the 300 people I've beaten just all suck don't they.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:48 AM
Why do you think people enjoy the cheesy stuff? Because they find ignorant people like you who just spam "git gud" "get a life sperge" instead of communicating like a normal human being. They then get pleasure out of throwing your ******ed *** off cliffs.

Haha, that is hilarious.
Can you not see how juvenile what you just wrote is in response to what I said, and you think I have the problem?
You really do like blaming others for your own shortcomings don't you?
You need to get a mirror and have a good long look in it.

GreenRanger XI
02-27-2017, 12:51 AM
Haha, that is hilarious.
Can you not see how juvenile what you just wrote is in response to what I said, and you think I have the problem?
You really do like blaming others for your own shortcomings don't you?
You need to get a mirror and have a good long look in it.

You're saying I'm juvenile and you've only got to read your first post! Get the **** outta here loser.

Gray360UK
02-27-2017, 12:58 AM
You're saying I'm juvenile and you've only got to read your first post! Get the **** outta here loser.

You resist being cheap and obnoxious on the forums about as well as you resist it in the game it seems.
Are you planning to ask Ubisoft to delete their forums so you don't have to act like a child here too?
I mean, the forums are forcing you to, right? :D

Felis_Menari
02-27-2017, 01:00 AM
You assumed that I'm the one losing due to environment hazards which is pretty ignorant. Can somebody dislike something without losing? When I play as a big guy the game just leads to environment kills, that's how it is. It's boring, it's dumb and will be a laughing stock in esports.

You referenced a previous post to try to make a point, yet the post referenced negates it (the first part, anywaysI made an assumption, but quickly realized the mistake and corrected). And then you didn't even touch on the other comments in the post, in relation to the core topic at hand. The fact of the matter is you *can* maneuver in such a way as to avoid ring-outs and environmental hazards (at least in general gameplay). On some duel maps though, it is a pain in the *** to avoid ring-outs. There, it can very easily become a game of "Who gets the first guard break, wins!".

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 01:01 AM

Why are you whining then? If you get killed because you fight near ledges, it's your own fault. You could have fought somewhere else. If you can kill anyone even without a ledge, well, nobody forces you to use the terrain.

Quite frankly, I don't believe you. If that was the case and you were being honest, you wouldn't be here whining on the forums about ledges.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:10 AM
This is why I'm getting frustrated. Are people here seriously that dumb? People are just assuming that I'm getting killed because I'm fighting near the ledges. First off I'm not stupid enough to just stand on the ledge and then get thrown off and come cry about it. The reason I made this thread was to highlight how easy it is to throw people off as I have done nearly every game with a Warlord/Lawbringer/Raider. It's not really about spatial awareness as the maps are set up in a way so that a losing player can come back and throw someone off. Now I feel this is boring and not healthy to a game. Now please stop assuming that I dislike it because I'm losing. I'm winning A LOT of games. Is it fun to win because one guy made a mistake? No.

1. Lawbringer can be blocked.
2. Raider can carry in only one direction
3. Warlord need space to turn around otherwise he will be stopped by wall.

2 and 3 can be counter by CGB and attacking. Every map got safe place that will allow player to not be thrown off. I am sad that you got so weak opponents that can't do this, but it may be cause by the fact that your skill is not high enough to play with big guys^^

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 01:22 AM
This is why I'm getting frustrated. Are people here seriously that dumb? People are just assuming that I'm getting killed because I'm fighting near the ledges. First off I'm not stupid enough to just stand on the ledge and then get thrown off and come cry about it. The reason I made this thread was to highlight how easy it is to throw people off as I have done nearly every game with a Warlord/Lawbringer/Raider. It's not really about spatial awareness as the maps are set up in a way so that a losing player can come back and throw someone off. Now I feel this is boring and not healthy to a game. Now please stop assuming that I dislike it because I'm losing. I'm winning A LOT of games. Is it fun to win because one guy made a mistake? No.

Start with the man in the mirror, before you call other people dumb.

If you dislike environmental hazards, well guess what Einstein: Don't use them. If you assume that other people must dislike them too, because you hate them, well I got news for you: Your moral code doesn't have to apply to other people, nor will it automatically. I know it's shocking that the world doesn't revolve around you, but that's how it is.

I don't mind ledges etc. and I die to them as much as I kill other people with them, so it's perfectly fine. If I deem somebody a honorable fighter, I'll give them a honorable duel without showing them the good old "This is Sparta" move. If they're an obnoxious brat like you seem to be, I'll make sure they have a nice trip to the bottom of every pit I come across.

The only issue is that counterguardbreak is still garbage for most players. Especially newer players apparently can't make it work and even for veterans it's not as reliable as it used to be in the betas. That's a reason to complain. "Remove them because I dislike them" is an utterly stupid reason.

Hackfraysn
02-27-2017, 01:28 AM
It's the most effective way to win it usually happens by mistake as well. Nice effort though kid.

Well, if your only arguments are calling other people names, that's a pretty strong hint that you have no point and no argument either. Nice effort though.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:28 AM
Skill not high enough to play with big guys. Well that settles it. I'm talking with ignorant kids.

Only kid doesn't know how to respond other way than offending someone. Couldn't argue with rest of the post so you are fighting the only way you can.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:39 AM
Look at who offended first. Morons!

After using proper arguments that prove that your reasoning is wrong. But you CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH as one great actor said.

MrForz
02-27-2017, 01:40 AM
CGB works. Sorry to break your bubble. Just in different time frame. And also you can position yourself so laider, and warlord can't take you anywhere near ledge. And lawbringer can be easly blocked.

In some events they don't work. If you were parried or under such effects, or perform actions such as dodging and misc while fighting, the CGB can't be used. Some classes use this to a full extent, and others are very vulnerable to it due to the a far too nervous base gameplay.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:41 AM
In some events they don't work. If you were parried or under such effects, or perform actions such as dodging and misc while fighting, the CGB can't be used. Some classes use this to a full extent, and others are very vulnerable to it due to the a far too nervous base gameplay.

Parrying is another skill, and what comes after that is punish. Also dodging is not proper way to counter GB so it punishes you for choosing that defence.

feuerundblut
02-27-2017, 01:52 AM
I agree they are annoying but who do you expect Lawbringers to kill if they are not in? They are so pathetic that they should still get some chances to kill someone in a match, shouldn't they? XD

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 01:53 AM
Nobody has proved anything. People have just claimed I shouldn't stand near the edge and then I won't die so much. Many things wrong with that, firsty nobody has even bothered to read the opening post. So how can I possibly have been proved wrong? It's depressing living in a world with such ignorant people, honestly.

And i showed you not that you should learn how to defend but that your opponents should. I rarely die cause of environment. Why? Cause i used those 3 statement.

Exaffect
02-27-2017, 01:56 AM
I like environmentals but reducing half of hem would probably make the game feel more competitive and combat focused. I do get that it is frustrating when players either focus or exploit the method by camping a bridge or somethung.

Bob__Gnarly
02-27-2017, 02:02 AM
Do you honestly think Ubi would entertain such a request?

Instead of trying to change the game to suit your own playstyle, how bout learning how to defend against it. It's part of the game and it ain't going nowhere.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 02:06 AM
Yes you won the argument because clearly all 300 people I've fought are bad. Nice job SiewcaRaka you must be a very intelligent human being.

And again, insult instead of constructive argument. You used them already? You got some kind of daily limit?

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 02:14 AM
Do you understand how annoying it is to have to correct every single mindless idiot that comes into this thread only assuming that I'm getting my *** beat? Literally everyone just comes in and ignores the fact its a bad idea for a competitive game and just assumes we should all practice our spatial awareness and then somehow our opinion might just change! BOOM Yes we love all this stupid throwing around crap now! Not once have I mentioned that I'm getting killed from being thrown off the edge yet everyone can come in and tell me to practice defending getting thrown off the edge. And you think I'm losing the argument. LOL.

Look up, look here again. Look up, and here again. I said it clearly. You don't have to die from that, but you state that your opponents die to that. That means they do not know how to cope with it(3 simple steps i mentioned earlier). Cause it is not possible to get 100% win ratio with throwing off ledges. In most of my games I rarely even use GB cause most players counter it right away. COUNTER it. Sure we punish when we see the one that can't be countered but then guess what...I can't throw him off, cause he is nowhere near ledge or spikes.

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 02:23 AM
Doesn't change the fact it's not healthy for a competitive game though...

And why is that? For competetive play which is definition of checking someone skills, skill to defend yourself from most basic ways of dying is quite important.

zwaggs33
02-27-2017, 02:35 AM
No

SiewcaRaka
02-27-2017, 02:39 AM
As in esports. Where people compete for money. It would be a laughing stock to see the grand finals some guy get thrown off a ledge for $100,000

And it is laughing stock to go 1v6 in OW and 1v5 in LoL and this is the same. Positioning. But the guy they would laugh at is the guy that lost.

Spectre_198
02-27-2017, 03:27 AM
I think ledge and spike environmental kills should be excluded from only duel all the others should be alright. Duels are strictly based on skill and shouldn't have an easy way of insta-killing the other duelist. Other than that environmental kills are there because;1. they're realistic, and 2. They're another way of countering ganks.

zwaggs33
02-27-2017, 03:39 AM
As in esports. Where people compete for money. It would be a laughing stock to see the grand finals some guy get thrown off a ledge for $100,000

In a 4v4 mode having people thrown off a ledge would not hurt the esport portion in the least. I actually bet a lot of viewers would live to see their favorite player casually throw another professional off a ledge. I mean people still watch UFC and those fights can end in seconds because of a mistake.

Zv1k0
02-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Come say that after I've won 3-0 by throwing you off a cliff 3 times. Then we will see who has to GIT GUD.

My git gud doesnt mean im gud. I would say fair play you are better and i have to work on my counter GBs and not crying on forums...what if i beat you? Will you say Raider is op as well?