PDA

View Full Version : Sign the petition to get dedicated servers

ManjaManjaManja
02-26-2017, 09:19 PM
This has been going on for too long, with no communication from Ubisoft. No commitment from then and coming out and identifying the problem. We have been silenced. If you are tired of paying monthly subscription fees to play online, yet cant find matches or get kicked from 6/10 matches, please sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-please-add-dedicated-servers

Wateverdude
02-26-2017, 09:22 PM
I don't care dedicated server or p2p
I care about better gameplay experience
And now we don't have that.

dayLockey
02-26-2017, 09:28 PM
I don't care dedicated server or p2p
I care about better gameplay experience
And now we don't have that.

You realize that dedicated servers and less emphasis on P2W would make for a better gameplay experience right?

Zv1k0
02-26-2017, 09:35 PM
You realize that dedicated servers and less emphasis on P2W would make for a better gameplay experience right?

Or worse if you are far from servers....

GayForShugoki
02-26-2017, 09:37 PM

You realise that you clearly have no idea how servers work and having dedicated servers on a fighting game is rather stupid, right?

ManjaManjaManja
02-27-2017, 12:41 AM
You realise that you clearly have no idea how servers work and having dedicated servers on a fighting game is rather stupid, right?

I realize that I paid for a game and I want the service, I dont give a $hit how they fix it.

Valtaya
02-27-2017, 01:23 AM
This has been going on for too long, with no communication from Ubisoft. No commitment from then and coming out and identifying the problem. We have been silenced. If you are tired of paying monthly subscription fees to play online, yet cant find matches or get kicked from 6/10 matches, please sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-please-add-dedicated-servers

Unless your petition also find a way how Ubisoft would pay for the dedicated servers, I gues there is nothing going to happen.

It is hard to estimate server cost, but rule of thumb estimate says something between 500.000,00 and 2.750.000,00 per year.
On top of that we still have devs who want to be paid, devs who work on bugs fixes, "balancing" and creating new content. That would be another 900.000,00+ /year.
I do not see their shop paying for that, as you can get the steel just by playing.

Archo-Vax
02-27-2017, 01:42 AM
You DO realize that Change.org is completely and utterly ineffectual?

Sauronbaine
02-27-2017, 01:50 AM
Servers are a dumb idea unless its a massive multiplayer game, such as Battlefield or COD.

Any game like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or For Honor has to remain P2P. If you are far from the server location, you are going to lag and cause more problems than P2P does.

Yes P2P means that you can be kicked out of the server by salt players, but I play mostly brawl and Duel and I rarely if ever have issues wit hthe P2P. In my experience of playing For Honor I have met only ONE person who lagged.

You people who want dedicated servers are A. Most likely ****ernets. B. You play the 4 v 4 match up((This is hard to do in P2P I agree but not undoable. I rarely if ever when I dp play 4 v 4 get kicked back to lobby)). C. ****ernet.

Tillo.
02-27-2017, 01:57 AM
Yeah, use this thread please, it already has almost 12k views and 150+ posts: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1578153-Connectivity